Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club got pissed off they were being potted from everyone including 2 ex players who went thru something similar in 2002-03. Rucci writing and talking about this similar past, is a dead give away.

But the club left itself open that it said nothing for 3 days until CD came out and said it was an abomination at his Wednesday presser.

They then wanted Tredders to do a softball interview with Hinkey with psycophant Rowe, when he finally fronted up on Friday to AA.

To be fair to the club and Hinkley they did have to do exit interviews last week and these indeed were more important than worrying about the media.

They could have done a short Monday presser and then got on with the exit interviews but Hinkley was still shell shocked and dumbed found. Wanting to love and be loved by the players he wouldnt have been able to pot them individually on the Monday. The presser might have turned into an absolute farce.

But the club left a vacumn and the media filled it. Social Media commentary also filled the gap. The club cant whinge about that. They know how things work.

They were probably pissed off Tredders was blunt with his questions, not nice blokey like tone to them, but his follow up questions to Hinkley's answers was a bit soft IMO.

I dont think the club then spent Saturday and Sunday talking to the media and saying its all unfair. I wouldnt be surprised if Hinkley spoke to his Vic media mates directly or indirectly and had a whinge.

Once CD called it an abomination the club knew they had no chance of controlling the narrative.

This was raised again on a Monday footy show 9 days after PF loss, not because the club is pushing its unfair everyday to the media, its because the questions havent been properly answered why Port failed, the media have to fill space in GF bye week, something they've never done before and the Clarko's decision ie timing, ties in with it a bit.

The media circus will move on to something else soon enough.
I don’t want the “media circus” to move on. This is the first real bit of criticism in 9 years of Hinkley that is unacceptable. Can you imagine Williams getting away with no scrutiny like Hinks

I don’t want the “media circus” to move on. This is the first real bit of criticism in 9 years of Hinkley that is unacceptable. Can you imagine Williams getting away with no scrutiny like Hinks
The media circus will move on because there is a GF to be won and potentially a fairytale to talk about for days.

If there was no bye, then there is a brownlow on Monday after the PF loss, the footy shows move to Tuesday, CD gives his presser on Wednesday, gets a bit of airtime, Friday AA are talking about the GF, no interview with Ken.

I agree the blow torch should be applied like it was with Choco.

You do have to wonder if and how much control Koch has over the media, even quite possibly those with no connection to C7.

As has been pointed out Choco used to cop plenty, and in my opinion quite rightly so, his pressers in his last few seasons at Alberton were often full of incoherent mumbling, and who could forget his lame attempts at mind games in the early 2000's with the likes of Malthouse.

It's about time there was some media heat on kern, many on here have been calling for exactly that for at least 5 years.

You do have to wonder if and how much control Koch has over the media, even quite possibly those with no connection to C7.

As has been pointed out Choco used to cop plenty, and in my opinion quite rightly so, his pressers in his last few seasons at Alberton were often full of incoherent mumbling, and who could forget his lame attempts at mind games in the early 2000's with the likes of Malthouse.

It's about time there was some media heat on kern, many on here have been calling for exactly that for at least 5 years.
How many pressers does Ken do outside of his post matchday ones? Choco did a lot more than Ken does. Ken does a lot more one on one interviews. Media management is a lot bigger thing than 18-20 years ago.

How many pressers does Ken do outside of his post matchday ones? Choco did a lot more than Ken does. Ken does a lot more one on one interviews. Media management is a lot bigger thing than 18-20 years ago.
And isn't Ken the master of media management, even Choco thinks he has them eating out of the palm of his hand.

The guy could sell his own grand mother.

Koch puts **** all heat on Ch 7. Look at their Adelaide News Coverage of us. Easily the most biased against us.

But having said that, Ch 7, as the football broadcaster, actually has **** all Opinion Based football shows. They don't have Talking Footy or the Sunday Football Show any more. Ch 9 and Fox lead the way with Opinion based footy shows.

Lol!

Kane suggesting that if Ken is sensitive about media comments he needs to harden up a bit, and mentioned that nobody has said more supportive things of Ken in the media than himself.

Is it happening? Is Ken about to lose Kane?

Caro mentioned too that there's now a big wedge between the club and Tredrea.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Unless you drink the Kool-Aid David Koch will cast you out.

Ask Timmy G.

And the great man agrees

Maybe we need to send a few people to this part of China to harden up like Tredders and Kornes wants them to. Lockhart Road how come this wasn't on the China agenda for some at the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club got pissed off they were being potted from everyone including 2 ex players who went thru something similar in 2002-03. Rucci writing and talking about this similar past, is a dead give away.

But the club left itself open that it said nothing for 3 days until CD came out and said it was an abomination at his Wednesday presser.

They then wanted Tredders to do a softball interview with Hinkey with psycophant Rowe, when he finally fronted up on Friday to AA.

To be fair to the club and Hinkley they did have to do exit interviews last week and these indeed were more important than worrying about the media.

They could have done a short Monday presser and then got on with the exit interviews but Hinkley was still shell shocked and dumbed found. Wanting to love and be loved by the players he wouldnt have been able to pot them individually on the Monday. The presser might have turned into an absolute farce.

But the club left a vacumn and the media filled it. Social Media commentary also filled the gap. The club cant whinge about that. They know how things work.

They were probably pissed off Tredders was blunt with his questions, not nice blokey like tone to them, but his follow up questions to Hinkley's answers was a bit soft IMO.

I dont think the club then spent Saturday and Sunday talking to the media and saying its all unfair. I wouldnt be surprised if Hinkley spoke to his Vic media mates directly or indirectly and had a whinge.

Once CD called it an abomination the club knew they had no chance of controlling the narrative.

This was raised again on a Monday footy show 9 days after PF loss, not because the club is pushing its unfair everyday to the media, its because the questions havent been properly answered why Port failed, the media have to fill space in GF bye week, something they've never done before and the Clarko's decision ie timing, ties in with it a bit.

When your senior coach fronts up to the aftermatch press conference and bats questions away multiple times about our performance by answering now's not the time, it's no wonder the club is subject to ridicule. It's frankly not good enough.

When your senior coach fronts up to the aftermatch press conference and bats questions away multiple times about our performance by answering now's not the time, it's no wonder the club is subject to ridicule. It's frankly not good enough.
Lucky for him i wasn't asking the questions, I would have given him a Monfreys around his stumps.

Is anyone at our club there to actually serve the interests of Port? Their actions and behaviour thus far seems to solely be about protecting their own reputation and jobs.

The fans and supporters deserve a proper explanation and accountability for that PF loss.

So far I've seen a reluctant admittance through gritted teeth, changing the subject in interviews with spin and having a go at ex players.

All it would have taken is a single line from Ken in the post match presser.

This isn't good enough, we don't accept losing at Port Adelaide, we will turn over every leaf we have to in order to get better.

Simples.

I don't understand the complaining about the warranted criticism that Tredders & Kane put out there after that disgraceful performance in the prelim. It was warranted, and deserved criticism. It wasn't like they were firing shots for the sake of it, they were firing the shots that 90% of the supporter base was thinking post & during that game.

For some at the club to think that's harsh, they have no idea. I've grown up listening to stories from my Dad, my Uncle Paul about how brutal post game functions at Alberton were if they lost, our club doesn't tolerate that crap like they dished up in the prelim. Never has and it shouldn't start now cause a few people's feelings got hurt.

It's elite sport and with all the praise and adulation that comes when things go well, there's criticism that comes when it goes to sh*t. None of this oh well you've tried crap.

They’re travelling the road of many a failed regime. Resident in echo chamber, following a manifesto that’s light on facts and big on faith, tightly controlling the narrative, portraying external critics as enemies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back