Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont know what people expect CD to say he ain't going to attack anyone and name names. Not in public anyway behind closed doors different story.
Ken has bought everything onto himself, he had a chance to have a stress free summer now richo and CD will monitor his every move
Let's see how ken handles the pressure. We will see very early next year how the side comes out of preseason and into games what 2022 holds for him.
What a massive waste of everyone's times

The players were terrified. Reminded me instantly of Josh Jenkin's recollection of the 2017 GF, where he was so mentally exhausted before the bounce that his legs felt like lead.

In the lead up there were press conferences where CD dropped the word 'intimidating' when referring to the prelim. Bassett described it as 'scary'. Dan Houston responded to that by talking about 'fear' and being 'daunted' in the same interview.

It was obvious early. Watch the first qtr and notice how many players stood still in congestion, just watching the contest instead of providing an outnumber or getting ahead of the play. I don't like singling out players a lot of the time, the game is hard and they put a lot on the line. But Motlop was very noticeable in this regard. Maybe a bit of PTSD from too many lost prelims. But then, at least he was around the contest, despite being paralysed to do anything constructive.

100% too many players were terrified and paralysed, so it's in the preparation and the mindset.

Boak was talking about anxiety on the news in the lead up too. Our attitude/approach seems to be the exact opposite of what it should be. To paraphrase Keith Miller “Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing footy is not.”

"On Saturday night we were shown up by a midfield that bats deeper than ours."

Lol, the excuses are being trotted out already. They were better than us guys, despite being favourites let's paint ourselves as the underdog.

Who said that? CD?

PMSL

Wow

Saturday night didn't have a single thing to do with that. The game was lost because of a complete lack of will, strength, bravery and desire. We didn't even last long enough to make it a game of midfield v midfield or anything else for that matter.

Our players were timid, scared and weak.

"bats deeper" lol go back to cricket CD

I would love to see Koch and Hinkley read the creed out loud on camera. It will never happen because both men would be embarrassed and gutless to even hold it in there hands.
I am disgusted to how these "caretakers" of our club have done everything opposite to what we used to stand for. They stole our club.

11076288_1556343374638155_9000510848533893463_n.jpg

"On Saturday night we were shown up by a midfield that bats deeper than ours."

Lol, the excuses are being trotted out already. They were better than us guys, despite being favourites let's paint ourselves as the underdog.
I must say I'm shocked at how many people knew how much better the dogs players are so much better than ours and how we couldn't compete with them.

Strange none of them said anything prior to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily what a lot want to hear, nothing but Ken leaving would suffice for many at the moment. But I think there’s a lot of sense in what you’re saying.

It’s weird. When the team was plumbing the depths of suck in 2019, and guaranteed that at a minimum, we’d endure a drought without a finals win on par with 1996-2002 and 2007-2013, historical revisionism began to creep in: the 2014 team wasn’t that good after all, with some even venturing to suggest it had ‘overachieved’. This then snowballed into further revisionism, that Ken truly had inherited a terrible list.

We’ll no doubt start to see this in regard to 2020/21 as more and more of the prime movers led by elite arse-saver Robbie Gray begin to fade and retire and the club starts its usual descent into mediocrity, as 8 and 9-out-of-10 players become 5 and 6’ers.

As we know, legacies live and die on taking chances.

If choking and blowing them wasn’t a defective gene in our AFL DNA, Robbie Gray is probably a Norm Smith Medallist, Travis Boak would retire as a premiership captain and the club is sat here level-pegging with West Coast as a 4-time premier at a minimum.

Instead we’re philosophically shrugging our shoulders, thinking things like “Matthew Lobbe was never going to be a premiership ruckman” or “it’s obvious Trent McKenzie wasn’t up to stopping Aaron Naughton”, as if there aren’t a cavalcade of absolute potatoes wearing victory medallions because when push came to shove, they gave 100% and took their chances.

We almost never do when it matters — and as with 01-03, it has little to do with talent.

Isn't sacking the coach a board decision?

Are we emailing the wrong bloke?

So you say we should message Holly Ransom?

🤬🏈📢🔚🔜💰🚀🌞👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👧🕺

Three flags in five years: Power’s grand vision for success

Port Adelaide has unveiled its grand vision for the next five years, headlined by winning three premierships, having over 100,000 members and eliminating $12 million in debt.

Yeah sure. A bit of news for you Ken, you actually have to win a Preliminary final to do that.

As long as all the Ken haters pay their membership.

It’s easy. Just make Ken the most expensive groundskeeper in AFL history, and make Monty or Chadbro coach. I’m sure they would do it for not much more coin. Just hope the Alberton Oval grass doesn’t curl up and die the first hot day in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back