Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

"As for any coach entering a decade in charge of a club without a premiership Hinkley has polarised the fan base, with some members keen for a change in philosophy.

But there is a genuine belief from the club’s administration and football department that Hinkley has the firm respect of the players and the opportunity to win an elusive flag in 2023.

Richardson has been impressed by Hinkley’s unwavering focus during those dark early rounds when the Power went winless and capacity to bring the side back to finals contention.

He told News Corp last month there was no doubt about Hinkley’s coaching future.

Chairman David Koch made clear last week the club had stayed rock-solid despite its early-season issues.

“Football clubs start to worry about coaching and coaching groups when there is fighting among players and coaches and there is a lack of support for each other,” he said.

“There is not one iota of that at Port Adelaide Football Club and there has not been for the whole year.”
I don't get what the surprise about this is, we can be shocked but can't be surprised.

The club isn't ruthless enough to be a successful AFL club. It's been apparent since about 2001. I've gone over our AFL history previously so I'm not rehashing any of that, it's irrefutable. This is who we are as a club since Brian Cunningham left.

This regime running the club is to nice, not capable of ruffling feathers to get to the top, and not strong enough to make tough decisions to get ahead. From the administration to the coach. They'd rather tread water in the misguided hope that eventually they'll be rewarded cause apparently nice guys win in elite sport, and if you work hard that's enough. When the irrefutable facts is it isn't across the AFL and any other sport you want to throw up. All elite clubs work hard, it's expected at the professional level, not something to laud like it's a achievement. It isn't and never will be. It's a mates club now from the admin, to the coaches to the players. Good for them but it won't achieve the ultimate.

Somewhere along the past decade the Port Adelaide Football Club, a institution built on winning has fundamentally changed. Not because it's in the AFL and it's harder, cause the administration allowed it and let The Creed be used as a marketing tool, not the ethos that the club on field works on as it had been for 60 plus years. Things like making the community proud crept in and became more prevalent then winning and many others.

I doubt we'll ever see the real Port Adelaide Football Club again, it's been fundamentally changed and now it's just a club that exists, not exists to win Premierships.

lol

"As for any coach entering a decade in charge of a club without a premiership Hinkley has polarised the fan base, with some members keen for a change in philosophy.

But there is a genuine belief from the club’s administration and football department that Hinkley has the firm respect of the players and the opportunity to win an elusive flag in 2023.

Richardson has been impressed by Hinkley’s unwavering focus during those dark early rounds when the Power went winless and capacity to bring the side back to finals contention.

He told News Corp last month there was no doubt about Hinkley’s coaching future.

Chairman David Koch made clear last week the club had stayed rock-solid despite its early-season issues.

“Football clubs start to worry about coaching and coaching groups when there is fighting among players and coaches and there is a lack of support for each other,” he said.

“There is not one iota of that at Port Adelaide Football Club and there has not been for the whole year.”
Those damn dark early rounds. They were almost a work of mother nature.

I don't get what the surprise about this is, we can be shocked but can't be surprised.

The club isn't ruthless enough to be a successful AFL club. It's been apparent since about 2001. I've gone over our AFL history previously so I'm not rehashing any of that, it's irrefutable. This is who we are as a club since Brian Cunningham left.

This regime running the club is to nice, not capable of ruffling feathers to get to the top, and not strong enough to make tough decisions to get ahead. From the administration to the coach. They'd rather tread water in the misguided hope that eventually they'll be rewarded cause apparently nice guys win in elite sport, and if you work hard that's enough. When the irrefutable facts is it isn't across the AFL and any other sport you want to throw up. All elite clubs work hard, it's expected at the professional level, not something to laud like it's a achievement. It isn't and never will be. It's a mates club now from the admin, to the coaches to the players. Good for them but it won't achieve the ultimate.

Somewhere along the past decade the Port Adelaide Football Club, a institution built on winning has fundamentally changed. Not because it's in the AFL and it's harder, cause the administration allowed it and let The Creed be used as a marketing tool, not the ethos that the club on field works on as it had been for 60 plus years. Things like making the community proud crept in and became more prevalent then winning and many others.

I doubt we'll ever see the real Port Adelaide Football Club again, it's been fundamentally changed and now it's just a club that exists, not exists to win Premierships.
What a great post. Send this to Richardson please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Jase [Dunstall], why would Ken Hinkley want to leave when he looks at that list and sees Georgiades, he sees Butters, he sees Rozee… he’s going nowhere”

— Jon Ralph, Fox Footy halftime​

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

“Jase [Dunstall], why would Ken Hinkley want to leave when he looks at that list and sees Georgiades, he sees Butters, he sees Rozee… he’s going nowhere”

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

I almost put my boot through the screen

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Pretty sure Ralphy hit a line and decided to break our hearts.

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Jon Ralph. All of a sudden the hudu guru of football news.

I almost put my boot through the screen

The underlying vibe that we’d be at a loss if he chose to abandon us.

The brilliant mind who has coughed up every chance he’s conjured in the past 10 years.

The underlying vibe that we’d be at a loss if he chose to abandon us.

The brilliant mind who has coughed up every chance he’s conjured in the past 10 years.

I cannot flipping wait to see the headlines PORT POWER IN DISARRAY AS SAVIOUR COACH KEN ABANDONS FOR SUCCESS AT

“There is not one iota of that at Port Adelaide Football Club and there has not been for the whole year".

Oh really? I was under the impression that football clubs start to worry when they consistently lose or can't make the 8, or fail to meet expectations year after year after year.

FMD, if this is what our clubs leaders are telling themselves, light a f**ing match and burn the place down.
Absolutely shameful.

I cannot flipping wait to see the headlines PORT POWER IN DISARRAY AS SAVIOUR COACH KEN ABANDONS FOR SUCCESS AT

PORT POWAS: WILL THEY BE FORCED TO FOLD AFTER GOD-KING KEN HINKLEY ABANDONS THEM AFTER MOST SUCCESSFUL DECADE IN 150 YEAR HISTORY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back