Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you just wish hard enough miracles can come.

13th placed team that have already sacked their coach are a really good team.
12 weeks ago we rolled over and presented our privates to Melbourne because I'm a massive coward but it turns out they aren't invincible so anything is possible.

What a massive loser

I would like to believe this too. However why would he voluntarily go when life is easy he is getting money for jam. Our board are roofless not ruthless so they are not going to move him on.

I am steeling myself up for 2023 with "Kenny" at the helm and me without membership for yet another year. FML
Without the security beyond 2023 I just can't see him sticking around, unless there is another ill deserved contract extension on the horizon we don't know about yet.

While there are no announcements from GWS or Clarkson and Port have not replaced Schofield or Voss, with us being a very silly chance to make finals there is hope, little I know but I will cling to it as long as possible so it lessons the depression period.

Last edited:

If you just wish hard enough miracles can come.

‘opposition team is dangerous’

‘footy is a series of seemingly random events beyond anyone’s control’

we’ve paid this bloke millions.

So many things wrong with that article and the statements made by the top tier management. I find the following statement by David Koch especially worrying:

Chairman David Koch made clear last week the club had stayed rock-solid despite its early-season issues.
“Football clubs start to worry about coaching and coaching groups when there is fighting among players and coaches and there is a lack of support for each other,” he said.
“There is not one iota of that at Port Adelaide Football Club and there has not been for the whole year.”

Do you really want it to come to that before you make a decision David? You want the players fighting each other, disrespecting the coach, thereby the management, thereby the whole club and whatever it stands for. If that happens, there will not only be a need to replace a coach and rebuild a team, but also to rebuild the culture, (which I suspect is already shot). "There's not one iota of that at the Port Adelaide Football Club and there has not been for the whole year." Does that mean that there has been player infighting previously and you have not addressed the issue at the root?

Please pack your bags David Koch, take Hinkley and Richardson with you. It is apparent that the problem to any progress at this club stems from the top down. There needs to be a clean sweep.
At 0-5 I'm more concerned that there WASN'T anyone questioning the coach and challenging the players than of there was.

‘opposition team is dangerous’

‘footy is a series of seemingly random events beyond anyone’s control’

we’ve paid this bloke millions.
I don't read or listen to anything this bozo says any more. Has he actually ever spoken about tactical acumen at any of these things?

The dislike among large swathes of the supporter base has become something of a weeping sore. Everyone knows it, even the media is now discussing it. You really have to question a man who chooses to stick around in that environment.
I don't know aboit others, but if that were me in his position I'd be getting out asap, go find a job somewhere you're welcome as an assistant. The AFL is full of assistant coaches who failed as senior coaches who were run out of their clubs. There's absolutely no shame in returning to the assistant coaching ranks. But this psychopath just hangs around where he's not welcome like a house guest who sleeps on the couch, eats all your food, and doesn't clean the toilet bowl after dropping a particularly foul turd.
Just piss off already. Leon Cameron did the decent thing by GWS. Take a leaf out of his book.
I honestly think Hinkley can't stand the thought of leaving being a failed senior coach, that had the backing of the board and was given ample time (10Ys) to achieve success.

Ken needs to face facts, there are horse for courses just like he would understand in the dish licker industry.

May be there's kangaroo loose in the top paddock or something, who knows.

I'm still not even convinced Clarko is best available for our list when you consider the coaches box. If getting Clarko means we get stuck with Bassett, Monty and Cornes because we have to save $ I'd rather go down another path.

He's worth talking to for sure, but so are a lot of people out there.
I'd back Clarko to get the best out of all 3.

I feel like he would teach them to balance their abrasive nature's and coach smarter.

I don't read or listen to anything this bozo says any more. Has he actually ever spoken about tactical acumen at any of these things?
I hope Ken gets a media gig next year as an analyst so that everyone can hear him say they just need to work harder every break of every week and realise what a simpleton he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of that Clarkson took a $900,000 payout on the last year of his contract at Hawthorn so he would not come cheaply.

TBH I think talk of Clarkson comes straight out of someone's wish list. I may have missed the others but the only club I know that Clarkson has spoken with is GWS which isn't surprising because they are the only club that officially has a Senior Coaching spot available at this stage. We would have to sack Hinkley before approaching Clarkson.

I'm sure there has been a conversation, at least with his manager. Then you ave Burgoyne, there is no way it hasn't been discussed at some level, if it hasn't we are living in la la land.

I hope Ken gets a media gig next year as an analyst so that everyone can hear him say they just need to work harder every break of every week and realise what a simpleton he is.
Put him next to David King and King will look like Pep Guardiola. At least King can make up statistical categories to back up his rubbish, Ken wouldn't even be capable of that.

loses the first 5 games

"History says you can lose the first 5 and make finals"

club sits at 7 and 8 and unlikely to play finals

"Gee I reckon Kenny has done a great job after losing those first 5"

FMD. It's just about manure on the front lawn at Alberton time.
seems as though everytime our season is mentioned, its added thats its a great recovery after 0-5

the actual 0-5 has been forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back