Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s infuriating. The ‘unbothered’ smirking/laughing demeanour, and the general air of smugness.

What the af has he actually done to justify this?

I think we vastly underestimate how much smoke has been blown up this guy’s arse in-house, in the media, within the industry and by our arselicking happyclapping set.

Swans around like he owns the joint.

He's not under pressure. He knows he'll get at least this years salary. He resigned to the fact that this is his last year. He knew that 2023 was always going to be dicey. He was under pressure at the start of the season, but he realises the season is gone and he will be gone. The weight has been lifted from his shoulders. He'll be relaxed and philosophical for the rest of the year..... unless we go on some crazy streak, then we'll see the tense twitchy Ken back.

Plenty of us in the same boat :(

I wish the club would just come out and declare that Ken won't be part of the future next year! We all know that if Port gets a few wins before the bye that Ken will be with us for the remainder of the season and then possibly into next year. That's exactly why people like me and your uncle are despondent with this groundhog day shitshow.
So true.

Its so hard watching us right now... because I want to see all our players absolutely smash it and win every game by 100 but we all know that if they do win it increases the nightmare scenario of yet another year of pointless mediocrity next year, or even worse the ultimate nightmare scenario of another extension and going in to year 12 or year 13 of this black hole period.

Plenty of us in the same boat :(

I wish the club would just come out and declare that Ken won't be part of the future next year! We all know that if Port gets a few wins before the bye that Ken will be with us for the remainder of the season and then possibly into next year. That's exactly why people like me and your uncle are despondent with this groundhog day shitshow.

I could put up with watching this season if the club came out and said we'd be moving on at the end of the year

It’s infuriating. The ‘unbothered’ smirking/laughing demeanour, and the general air of smugness.

What the af has he actually done to justify this?

I think we vastly underestimate how much smoke has been blown up this guy’s arse in-house, in the media, within the industry and by our arselicking happyclapping set.

Swans around like he owns the joint.
His family virtually DOES own the joint!!!

This 'rule' seems to have a lot of holes in it, but anyway - sack Hinkley

Ben Dixon is a campaigner, but is well qualified to speak about lack of success...

So true.

Its so hard watching us right now... because I want to see all our players absolutely smash it and win every game by 100 but we all know that if they do win it increases the nightmare scenario of yet another year of pointless mediocrity next year, or even worse the ultimate nightmare scenario of another extension and going in to year 12 or year 13 of this black hole period.
It absolutely sucks!

I want us to win every game but it's hard knowing that wins in the short term are counter-productive because they keep Ken around. On the other hand you don't want to lose as it's bad for the culture of the club. It's a lose/lose situation either way. If we beat St Kilda or the Bulldogs we'll end up with a 4-7 record going into the Bye as Kangaroos and Essendon are both dreadful this season.

Koch and the board don't have the intestinal fortitude to make the hard calls. We'll get some PR from the club stating it's disappointing to be 4-7 record or even 3-8 record and claim we're still in with a chance for Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has this been discussed?

Why are we flying via Sydney...staying Thursday night then getting Cairns 6pm Friday. Saints been there since Weds?

Charlie on 5AA having a whinge that its not a direct flight but not sure who is at fault? Surely Port can organize a direct flight or is it AFL/VIRGIN that does it?

Has this been discussed?

Why are we flying via Sydney...staying Thursday night then getting Cairns 6pm Friday. Saints been there since Weds?

Charlie on 5AA having a whinge that its not a direct flight but not sure who is at fault? Surely Port can organize a direct flight or is it AFL/VIRGIN that does it?

Don't know if Virgin do a direct flight (Qantas and Jetstar do), but they definitely go to Brisbane and Gold Coast daily. If as you say they flew to Sydney yesterday, you'd think they could've got the 9.15am flight up to Cairns this morning and at least have had the afternoon for a 'captain's run'.

I mentioned on the preview thread yesterday that St Kilda will be wanting to get one back for the last Shanghai match - this is starting to look like the way we caught Gold Coast and the Saints with their woeful preparation for China, but in reverse this time :rolleyes:

I am legitimately hoping we get whacked tomorrow night. I cant watch the game, but the ideal scenario would be a 10 goal loss with a standard pathetic first qtr and throw in a scoreless quarter too. A 95-37 type score line will be grand. Jonas scratching his head post game telling us "the players are behind Kenny...."

And 37pts to be 4 goal 13 from 55 inside 50's.

West Coast could offer a million a month.

WC can just lay off Simpson at any point they choose, but I guess they figure there is no point right now as no one is turning this around even slightly this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back