Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd was pushing Port. Fat Ed took the question as what wait for another year? No Ed you *head....
Just prior to that Ed literally reported that Clarkson and his management may be content to wait for another year as well

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Lloyd actually thinks about the game and seems to actually watch and take notice of the game outside of Victoria. Hes a real footy head.

He, like anybody with half a brain, sees a longterm underachieving coach with a good list. In his mind, Port would be the logical option to coach. Ross Lyon is a self absorbed arseh*le who's seamlessly slipped into the Vic media boys club and McGuire is the worst person who has ever lived.

Eddie knows that North needs a lifeline to survive. And Collingwood need North around as the small VIC clubs toe the party line for the big 4. They all get thrown a morsel to ensure none of them step out of line when it comes to prime time fixtures and corrupt grand final deals so your Collingwood et al keep running the comp by proxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie's observation was more an indictment of Port's management. Hinkley will have to jump because they won't push him.

It won't take 3,000 words.

Percentage is a reflection of the home and away season. It has nothing to do with how a team will perform in finals, the same way that Port losing to Geelong in both 2020 and 2021 away games had nothing to do with us beating them in a qualifying final at home.

It's why Port Adelaide's percentage didn't matter in 2003 when we lost to Sydney at home.
You wrote "It's why the only real metric to use for performance is percentage".

You could've instead written "It's why the only real metric to use for performance is premierships" but that would have invalidated your retconning of excuses for the Hinkley years.

I don't know why I'm responding to you tbh, you'll weasel your way through a response with contorted and twisted logic and shifting of goalposts. Greater fool me.

McGuire and Lyon being so chummy is strange. I think they done a deal after drawn grand final for Lyon to tank it and Ed would set him up for life...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wrote "It's why the only real metric to use for performance is percentage".

You could've instead written "It's why the only real metric to use for performance is premierships" but that would have invalidated your retconning of excuses for the Hinkley years.

I don't know why I'm responding to you tbh, you'll weasel your way through a response with contorted and twisted logic and shifting of goalposts. Greater fool me.
I've been responding to this strange idea that beating teams in the top eight and top four is a great metric for determining coaching performance. I wasn't even talking about finals performances. I've said repeatedly that if you believe that Ken doesn't have what it takes to win a flag, that's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have. But it's just an opinion.

Lloyd actually thinks about the game and seems to actually watch and take notice of the game outside of Victoria. Hes a real footy head.

He, like anybody with half a brain, sees a longterm underachieving coach with a good list. In his mind, Port would be the logical option to coach. Ross Lyon is a self absorbed a-hole who's seamlessly slipped into the Vic media boys club and McGuire is the worst person who has ever lived.

He's also a real killer with a ruthless winning attitude. Would've fitted right in at the old Port Adelaide.

Also isn't Lyon a former team mate of Ken? It's ******* phenomenal how this dudes brief career (remember, less than 200 games) set him up for life with all those connections.

It's amazing what sorting your mate with a sweet deal on a 1993 Ford Telstar will get you in later life.

Kenny will be on 360 Monday night. Will be a first for them to have an unemployed fella on.
I would have thought this close to the end of the h&a season they would be interviewing coaches of teams that would be playing finals or at least chances to make the eight.

Also isn't Lyon a former team mate of Ken? It's ******* phenomenal how this dudes brief career (remember, less than 200 games) set him up for life with all those connections.

Wikipedia says 132 games at AFL level, which would put him in the top ~13% of all players to have played at least one game at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back