Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely I don’t have to explain that it’s relative to the percentage of other teams during the season? The 2003 side had the best percentage in the competition by some distance.

The 2017 side had the second best after Adelaide but it was decided after we got destroyed by them that we weren’t winning a flag, which is why we brought in guys like Houston, Bonner and Marshall after that game. As for us not beating anyone good...we lost to Geelong away by 2 points at Kardinia (the Dixon 30 second rubbish) - in fact, that bullshit game coupled with the fact that Geelong and GWS played a draw was the very reason why we didn't finish second (Geelong was s**t and would have been smoked).

Geelong - 15 wins 6 losses 1 draw - 62 points - 117.4%
Port Adelaide - 14 wins 8 losses - 56 points - 129.7%

Then again, Geelong would have dropped out of the top four if those two scenarios had happened, so we still wouldn't have beaten a top 4 team.

EDIT: Edited - confused 2015 season with 2017 based on Geelong and Adelaide playing in a draw - there were a number of teams that did so that year.
Do you know what the 2003 & 2017 sides have in common? They didn't win a Premiership which is the only measurement of great sides, nothing else. Not %, wins where Hinkley wore a pink chesty bonds singlet, wins where Hinkley tied his left shoe before his right or any other ridiculous thing you need to twist the narrative to suit your "thesis". If you can't win against the top sides you don't win anything, hence where we sit after a decade of Hinkley.

The stats are the stats, they don't change however you want to twist them by removing seasons due to WADA, or whatever else you want to use.

I could claim Manchester City went through last season undefeated cause I count games where they have more possession then the opposition as wins as they tried to win the right way, but I'd be kidding myself and not telling the truth. Same as what you have filled the thread with.

Are you trolling? Phil Walsh didn’t get killed in 2017 WTH, am I missing something here? Maybe that CERN collider is really creating alternate realities and merging them with ours

When Janus says 2017 he meant the 2nd memorial of Phil Walsh which is much harder to deal with, obviously.

A pale imitation of Roby.

Roby was a master. To commit to his Power Rankings for so long, with that unknown variable "umpire favouritism" as the lever by which he cycled teams up and down the rankings was just pure evil genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roby was a master. To commit to his Power Rankings for so long, with that unknown variable "umpire favouritism" as the lever by which he cycled teams up and down the rankings was just pure evil genius.
My favourite part was during the finals every year where he'd suddenly adjust the rankings so the teams that were actually doing well were up the top and then claim the rankings were flawless because they always correctly protected the top teams by the end of the season. A true master.

The idea that Ken can take a rock bottom club to mid table and finals and silly.

We were not ROCK BOTTOM in 2012.

There's a whole lot of context surrounding our NOT EVEN BOTTOM 4 finish.

He can achieve competitive results and probably improve a club with pieces already there. He could maybe even drop in to a side with a premiership caliber list and win a flag (before he starts to bend the list to his will and starts to go stale with gameplan/overcorrect deficiencies), but I believe the idea that he can rebuild from rock bottom is not proven yet.

The idea that Ken can take a rock bottom club to mid table and finals and silly.

He can achieve competitive results and probably improve a club with pieces already there. He could maybe even drop in to a side with a premiership caliber list and win a flag (before he starts to bend the list to his will), but I believe the idea that he can rebuild from rock bottom is not proven yet.

Well keep that quiet…

He can achieve competitive results and probably improve a club with pieces already there. He could maybe even drop in to a side with a premiership caliber list and win a flag (before he starts to bend the list to his will), but I believe the idea that he can rebuild from rock bottom is not proven yet.
He'd be fine surrounded by good assistants & a playing group not subconsciously switched off to him like ours because he's been here for a hundred years.

Round 1, 2013: 2.5 years into a rebuild with Burgess and a full coaches box, yes, including Ken, putting an actual preseason into the playing group = HE TOOK’EM FROM BAGHDAD TO BUCKINGHAM PALACE, MOITE!

Well keep that quiet…
Goodness me you are correct, my passion to expose this fraud is bordering on irresponsible.

KEN HINKLEY SINGLE HANDEDLY SAVED THE PORT POWER SOCIAL CLUB FROM RELOCATION TO TASMANIA AND SHOULD HAVE 7 FLAGS TO HIS NAME IF IT WASN'T FOR PLAYERS UNCOMMITTED TO WORKING HARDER FOR LONGER AND THE PRESSURE OF COACHING IN FISHBOWL ADELAIDE AND THE THOUGHTS OF ALMOST HAVING TO EXPERIENCE THE FINAL YEAR OF A CONTRACT AND THE DISTRACTION OF THOSE PESKY COLLINGWOOD GUERNSEYS THAT THE WHITE NOISE WANT US TO WEAR AND THE COVID DISRUPTIONS TO GREYHOUND SEASON

I come back to this the fact that past greats like Timmy G Cahill Fiacci Hodges are silent is shameful

Maybe they know something we don't?

My favourite part was during the finals every year where he'd suddenly adjust the rankings so the teams that were actually doing well were up the top and then claim the rankings were flawless because they always correctly protected the top teams by the end of the season. A true master.

The year that Freo made the GF, he was pointing back at round 3 where he had them in the top 4 as proof of his system even though at the beginning of the finals his system didn't rate them at all. Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back