Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinkley does a runner.

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has made a swift exit from his weekly press conference after being questioned about his future.
With Hinkley again the subject of speculation this week about where he would be in 2023, the 10th-year mentor began motioning to get out of his seat when asked if he still expected to be at the club next season.

He answered “yep” before quickly saying “thank you, have a good day” and leaving.
I will reiterate what i said a moment ago;

He knows that he is gone.

Is there vision anywhere?

road runner goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes

To be fair leaving when put in a tough position is actually growth for Hinkley, normally when he's in trouble he'd find a way to scapegoat a young player instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was confident about his position in 2023 he'd have just laughed it off. And honestly, the club could shut this down in 10 seconds flat if they wanted. If he was staying it would be unhealthy on so many levels to have this question constantly hanging in the air, from recruitment, to marketing, everything.
The call has been made. Hinkley out.

If he was confident about his position in 2023 he'd have just laughed it off. And honestly, the club could shut this down in 10 seconds flat if they wanted. If he was staying it would be unhealthy on so many levels to have this question constantly hanging in the air, from recruitment, to marketing, everything.
The call has been made. Hinkley out.

Certainly looks that way but I’m still not getting my hopes up.

port-adelaide.jpg

IF ...​

Kochie has been unusually publicly quiet about the Power in 2022 ...

THEN ...​

that doesn't mean he's been privately quiet. Wouldn't be surprised if a pointy-ended chat with Kenny is scheduled next week, win lose or draw against Richmond on Saturday night.

Certainly looks that way but I’m still not getting my hopes up.

And I totally get that. And to be honest, as positive as I've been up to this point of Hinkley being moved on, I've still had some nagging feeling that he'd escape the axe for one more year. This has changed that. I just cannot possibly see him here in 2023 now. And what's more, I think the replacement is already waiting in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back