Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the Crows we have no guarantee of getting the club back when we pay off the debt.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon if there was a clear roadmap showing that getting to debt-free would mean getting back full control of the club, all these Premiership funds and Chasing Greatness funds would have a lot more success.

People with dollars to help don't want to be throwing money after an AFL controlled entity when they as members ultimately have no say in the long term feasibility or direction of the club.

Um why? If we don't fight for independence than the AFL will forever dictate our destiny which means GWS and Gold Coast will likely win a premiership before us in the next 50 years.
Because the Crows were smart enough to get it written into their agreement and constitution.

We weren't or the AFL plants didn't want to.

Screenshot_20230402-212650.jpg Screenshot_20230402-213046.jpg

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon if there was a clear roadmap showing that getting to debt-free would mean getting back full control of the club, all these Premiership funds and Chasing Greatness funds would have a lot more success.

People with dollars to help don't want to be throwing money after an AFL controlled entity when they as members ultimately have no say in the long term feasibility or direction of the club.

I’ve heard benefactors with real money won’t get involved whilst it’s AFL controlled.

The mental picture of the Hinkley's slandering the entire city before high tailing it back to Yokelville Victoria forever has given me the giggles tbh.

Traveling Black And White GIF by Laff

The mental picture of the Hinkley's slandering the entire city before high tailing it back to Yokelville Victoria forever has given me the giggles tbh.
Driving up Princes Highway in a tractor playing the Benny Hill music being chased out of town by angry Port fans shaking their fists.

Last edited:
Whats Ollie thinking. Surely thats a misquote
Carr says pretty much the same thing. @ 06:10 of this interview "white noise is white noise" and @ 06:45 "right now we're sitting at 1-2. If you asked us a month ago where we'd be sitting after three rounds? I'm sure a lot of people would have had us in this position." They've either been briefed to say this or Ollie's regurgitating what he's heard Carr say.

INTERVIEW: Josh Carr - 03 April 2023 - The FIVEaa Sports Show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines Is just thick honestly. Isn't this the same guy (captain at the time - lol) who went water skiing before Rd 1 , ****ed his entire year and didn't regret it , because "Worklife balance man".. didn't like the backlash from supporters so shopped himself around and lied about it?

50,000 dumb campaigners rocked up last week.

1000s of fans flooded the online store for Guernseys

100s lined up outside all night for a second release.

You got yourselves to blame.

I went to last year or so Anzac game from memory. Nothing else since the Prelim screw up.

15,000 rock up each week. s**t will happen.

The way the board is atm, probably thinking, money rolling in, fantastic, wasn't before Hinkley...
Sad but I agree. I'm convinced Kochie comments about Tredders having to learn about the club is a true reflection of Koch's values for the club.

I suspect in Kochie's eyes, Tredders is tied to the old PAFC values and of no use to the club now.
PAFC est 2012 is a different club, it stands for P&L not W-L and Balance Sheets not Premiership

Two sides that won't play finals getting 48k would make Kochie and the AFL all warm and fuzzy inside.

I can almost picture Kochie arguing a steady regular 30k crowd that's nice and civilised is easy to buget for and beats a demanding membership base that drops off with results.

Easier to just cut costs and still turn a profit than invest in a high risk, high rewards strategy.

Sad but I agree. I'm convinced Kochie comments about Tredders having to learn about the club is a true reflection of Koch's values for the club.

I suspect in Kochie's eyes, Tredders is tied to the old PAFC values and of no use to the club now.
PAFC est 2012 is a different club, it stands for P&L not W-L and Balance Sheets not Premiership

Two sides that won't play finals getting 48k would make Kochie and the AFL all warm and fuzzy inside.

I can almost picture Kochie arguing a steady regular 30k crowd that's nice and civilised is easy to buget for and beats a demanding membership base that drops off with results.

Easier to just cut costs and still turn a profit than invest in a high risk, high rewards strategy.
I honestly think the was the AFL's plan and direction they steered our board after we almost folded during the primus era. "STABILITY"

There is a difference between shitcanning, and not blowing smoke up their ass like Wines just did. Can easily just comment on wanting to win games than going in to bat for the coach but this leads me to the second point.

The highlighted part of your post, do you honestly think that isn't the case right now? Just add the head coach and the football manager, the CEO and the President.

They are all on the same page, and it's the ******* wrong one.
Boak had Primus' back until he got shitcanned. It is a really bad look not to have your coach's back until he goes then you just move on to the next one. A new coach will want players he thinks will be loyal and know their place as players when he comes in. Otherwise it is easy to see Wines getting traded to a Victorian club. It doesn't matter what you think behind the scenes the smart move is to publicly support your coach while he is there. You can then easily transition to a new coach as a loyal soldier when he arrives.

If you look to be the tail wagging the dog you end up like McGuinness, McDermott, Jarman and Anderson when Blight took over the Crows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back