Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct and I want him gone. But ffs some of our senior players as as weak as piss and have continually let us down when it counts. Wines is one of them. * him off too.
This is actually the issue that’s always overlooked. Players apparently love Ken, so we can’t sack him because we’d lose players. So instead we keep a muppet in charge to attract and retain players who never deliver when it counts. It’s a cancer and it’s time to cut it out no matter the consequences. Just f’en sack him.

Between West Coast, Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn and Richmond we have almost a third of the league with 3 flags or more in the AFL era. We’re not demanding diamond-encrusted unicorn turds here.

Clubs who have won 4 premierships since we entered the AFL - Geelong, Hawthorn
Clubs who have won 3 premierships since we entered the AFL - Brisbane, Richmond
Clubs who have won 2 premierships since we entered the AFL - Adelaide, Sydney, West Coast
Clubs who have won 1 premiership since we entered the AFL - Collingwood, Essendon, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs
Clubs who haven't won a premiership since we entered the AFL - Carlton, Fremantle, St Kilda

* GC and GWS excluded for obvious unfair comparison reasons

So we've performed better than only Carlton, Fremantle and St Kilda and been bettered by about half of our opposition. I mean yeah, they're hard to win, but basic statistical reality suggests we could hardly have done worse.

Hinkley never deserved a contract extension regardless of how he went from March through August. Any extension would be predicated on success in September. However, he could have been sent his marching orders with poor performances prior to September. Right now after 3 losses in a row it's clear this team is once again going no where under Ken. The cloak of invincibility after 13 in a row is well and truly gone and Hinkley ball of inefficient ball usage and bombing it aimlessly inside 50 is well and truly back in vogue.

Monday is August 1. Time to have the discussion on Ken, David. It's time to let him go.

You are correct and I want him gone. But ffs some of our senior players as as weak as piss and have continually let us down when it counts. Wines is one of them. * him off too.
Hey Port 2004, I apologise for calling you a happy clapper last week, it was uncalled for, I should not have done it, your outburst at me was deserved. I am sorry.

This is actually the issue that’s always overlooked. Players apparently love Ken, so we can’t sack him because we’d lose players. So instead we keep a muppet in charge to attract and retain players who never deliver when it counts. It’s a cancer and it’s time to cut it out no matter the consequences. Just f’en sack him.
Who cares if the players love him so much? The first one that said it would be the first one out the door.

Hopefully the AFL sacks him for us if they find out he persuaded the doc not to do a concussion test for aliir. I'm going to be especially intrigued in that investigation. Actually have no idea how they'll get out of this one..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could've set your watch to this sort of performance following the back slapping and self congratulating that went on in defeat last week. We've seen this many, many times in the Hinkley era. The club just lacks any sort of killer instinct and gets way too pleased with itself way too quickly. Sack him.

I was a little bit shocked at how little i cared tonight. My passion for this club is gone and it's never coming back. They can sign him up for another 10 years for all i care. The idiot theatre goers that were courted by Koch post the Adelaide Oval move deserve this loser clown. They're a match made in heaven. Don't feel like this is my club anymore.

Weakness doesn't begin with the players and the team that is fielded.
No but our senior players have let us down again in a big game.. for the ?? I don’t know how many times..

Have our senior group ever dragged us over the line in an important game..

No but our senior players have let us down again in a big game.. for the ?? I don’t know how many times..

Too busy professing their undying love for that dullard masquerading as a senior AFL coach. Dixon in particular. That meathead can jog on.

And yet, we won more games than any other club in our first eleven seasons in the comp (1997-2007), and are still clinging to what might be our seventh top-2 minor round finish in the past twenty-two seasons.

We’re not angry because we can’t accept the higher degree of difficulty, we’re angry at the pathological propensity to p¡ss away golden opportunities when they’re earned precisely because we are the degree of difficulty.

There’s no reason why Port Adelaide shouldn’t be sat here with a modern trophy cabinet to rival West Coast’s — the last thing we need to keep doing is belittling ourselves in a bid to excuse all-too familiar failure.
It kinda reminds me of those brain dead Aussie bowlers continually bowling bouncers, hoping for a catch on the boundary - it's gotta work eventually, right? Same as Hinkley: if we stick with him for long enough, it'll all work out in the end......... right?

Correct, and they've all become senior players who let us down under Hinkley, where that's very acceptable. The culture and standards start with him.

Sack Hinkley and put measures into place to stop this happening for the next wave of senior players. It's too late for the current crop.

Probably because the senior players have had a decade of being nurtured to fail. If we continue on with this loser culture at the club, the current young stars will also learn to let us down when they become seniors. It will take a very special character of a coach to eradicate our mental weaknesses.

If Hinkley does get a contract extension, surely we should not extend our memberships..
If Hardwick is named as the new coach, I'll be on the phone 2 minutes after the announcement to renew my membership. If Ken gets extended, my money will remain in my pocket - it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back