Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing David kuckandballs hates, it's those scammer ads with his face on it... How do we help the scammers produce more of these and plaster them everywhere

Maybe one with him and hinkley's head that says "the banks can't believe what these men did"

Unfortunately it appears to be Richard Wilkins turn now.

Well its done. Not much point moaning about it until were are unceremoniously bundled out of the finals.

Kochie was on the 5aa this morning but my eyes just glazed over to the spew coming out of his mouth.

The players are playing for Ken. We won a club record 13 games straight. We have the 3rd youngest squad in the AFL.

Never acknowledged the previous finals records. Never acknowledged the poor record against the Croms. Never acknowledged the poor record against other finals contending clubs.

What irked me the most was that he stated that the "member elected" board member vouched for Ken in the resigning process. A bit of dig to the critical membership fan base I thought.

I do enjoy all the posting bufoonery that's accompanied this ridiculous decision

BUT if you want to make them squirm

Every time you decide to engage on Social Media or ring 5AA or whatever take the emotion out of it and deal with the cold hard facts

They keep quoting win:loss ratios, team age etc. etc.

Hit them hard with solid undeniable facts

ZERO GF appearances and ZERO GF wins during his tenure
Record Holder in the history of AFL for this

ZERO Preliminary Finals wins

ZERO wins in knock out finals since 2014

Only 2 wins in other Finals since 2014
Equal to North Melbourne's record for same period

Win:Loss Ratio against TOP 4 teams

Win:Loss Ratio against BOTTOM 4 teams

Please feel free to add to these as you wish

This is the ONLY language that will cut through and embarrass them

Keep repeating and repeating and repeating this

How about the spinning of the membership number to try justify the contract extension.

They offered me a 'complimentary 2 game digital membership'. How many other disenchanted former members did they offer that to get the numbers up. Absolute spin merchants

You all conveniently ignore Ross Lyon.
Has had less success than Ken and been a coach longer.

Ross Lyon? The coach who has taken the two most miserable, famously unsuccessful clubs in the AFL to Grand Finals?

And came within a Matthew Scarlett circus trick (2009) and a late off-break before Stephen Milne (2010) of going back-to-back?

‘Less successful’ than Hinkley?

Lol tell me you know nothing of what you are talking about, without directly saying it.

3 Grand Finals? One of these is not like the other

If you're going to come onto somebody else's board and spout unpopular opinions, you should at least try to make sure the facts you're basing them on aren't objectively wrong.

Ross Lyon? The coach who has taken the two most miserable, famously unsuccessful clubs in the AFL to Grand Finals?

And came within a Matthew Scarlett circus trick (2009) and a late off-break before Stephen Milne (2010) of going back-to-back?

‘Less successful’ than Hinkley?

Hang on... losing Grand Finals is success now???
I don't remember you guys being overly jealous of Adelelaides post Stance belting.

I don't remember you guys being overly jealous of Adelelaides post Stance belting.
You got us there... Can't lose a grand final if you don't play in one 🤓

Cancelling your membership will do nothing. Whether you like it or not the hardcore Ken haters are a minority and club management would be happy for this type of supporter to be gone as it makes their lives significantly easier to do away with that expectation of high end success.
True as that may be, cancelling isn't just about them.
It's about me, and anyone else, not wanting to be emotionally invested in such a place anymore.

It'll never be what it was. So why stay and torture ourselves when they no longer care about us?

Cancelling your membership will do nothing. Whether you like it or not the hardcore Ken haters are a minority and club management would be happy for this type of supporter to be gone as it makes their lives significantly easier to do away with that expectation of high end success.
Disagree. This is the same thinking as the 'your vote doesn't matter so why bother voting' fallacy.

The problem isn't people cancelling their memberships, the problem is how many people still have memberships of this completely ****ing hijacked, corrupt and malignant franchise. I'm reading all these posts of people threatening to cancel their memberships and thinking bloody hell, the time for that was at least two years ago! The club has been a raging bin fire of incompetence and disgusting governance for years, at this point if you're still a member you're basically enabling and endorsing some really despicable human beings.

And make no mistake if everyone that was pissed off really did cancel their memberships (and not just turn off auto renewal, and then cave two days before the season and sign up anyway, which is 100% what the club is banking on you to do), it would absolutely make a difference. The problem is people have the memories of goldfish and as soon as some big signing is announced or we draft a shiny new toy everyone will forget and jump on board again to repeat the groundhog cycle of complete and utter shithousery.

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. Vote with your feet/dollars, but also know that Kochie would absolutely love to have fewer critical fans in/around games and the club.

Personally, I’m trying to get on board with a long-termism approach, ie we will outlast Koch and KHFC. Support the players, and enjoy watching the game with friends/family for this finite time we’re on this earth together, but jeez they make it hard…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cancelling membership is the only thing you can do. There is no other power open to you. I did it a couple of years ago thinking that I'll be back when these incompetents leave. Well they are still there and I'm very possibly lost forever. Once you get out of the habit of going to the footy religiously, it's kind of easy not to.

Probably shouldn't pontificate on what other people should or shouldn't do, but if you are constantly raging on here, yet then sheepishly say I won't cancel because I've got really good seats.... well you are as wishy washy as the clowns that have highjacked the club. Sorry. Put your money where your mouth is. Do something! If your tickets are worth $600 a pop. 1000 people cancel. That's $600k. 2000. That's $1.2 mill. All these fake 2 game free memberships and AFLW memberships don't fix that. Stability looks less stable when your highest paying "customers" are leaving in droves and telling them the reasons for it.

it is what it is and all the bitching in the world won’t change it , HOWEVER, the ball is now set firmly in the court of Hinkley, Koch & co and we are only one major or several smaller stuff ups for the ”walls to come a-tumbling down”. And yes it’s possible that we could have a further two years of wasted opportunities - where will we get the money to pay him out?
This is me just talking and and let’s say from today Kenny has got a clean slate and if they consider him to be the right man for the job winning the next two games is a MUST and anything else is a strike against him. Those two wins will give us a fair chance of getting position 2 on the table.
Based on that the next few weeks will be interesting.
edit
Kenny is sooo fortunate to have the likes of Zak, Connor, JHF, SPP, Dan, Myles and especially Ollie (as he’s starting to come good) in his lineup.

We’d all love to hear how making multiple grand finals makes a coach less successful than the guy who has instead lost multiple prelims, including a biblical pants pissing at home in the latest one.

Go.

Well its done. Not much point moaning about it until were are unceremoniously bundled out of the finals.

Kochie was on the 5aa this morning but my eyes just glazed over to the spew coming out of his mouth.

The players are playing for Ken. We won a club record 13 games straight. We have the 3rd youngest squad in the AFL.

Never acknowledged the previous finals records. Never acknowledged the poor record against the Croms. Never acknowledged the poor record against other finals contending clubs.

What irked me the most was that he stated that the "member elected" board member vouched for Ken in the resigning process. A bit of dig to the critical membership fan base I thought.
Heard that
Is this the same players “playing for Ken” that lost to the Tingles - twice ?

How about the spinning of the membership number to try justify the contract extension.

They offered me a 'complimentary 2 game digital membership'. How many other disenchanted former members did they offer that to get the numbers up. Absolute spin merchants

Lawnchair Larry posted a graph in the membership thread showing the reported numbers over time, comparing each of the past 5 years.

This year there was a significant spike in the middle of August just before the 'record breaking' announcement.

Compared to previous years, where the numbers plateaued, it's an anomaly that points to a cynical fudging of the numbers to manufacture some 'good' news.

We're nothing but a facsimile of the club we grew up supporting.

Don't know how everyone else is processing this, but I woke this morning feeling like I've been through a bad break up, when you thought you and your partner shared the same values, but now have devastating evidence that you were deluding yourself.

Just taking a bit of time out today. I'll miss the engagement with the footy, but I need to be a lot less invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back