Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelling your membership will do nothing. Whether you like it or not the hardcore Ken haters are a minority and club management would be happy for this type of supporter to be gone as it makes their lives significantly easier to do away with that expectation of high end success.
There's ken hates and there's others who think his time is up.
There's no chance that this collective is the minority.

How about the spinning of the membership number to try justify the contract extension.

They offered me a 'complimentary 2 game digital membership'. How many other disenchanted former members did they offer that to get the numbers up. Absolute spin merchants
That's not even the end of it. They offered all our staff at Jones Radiology free membership tickets for the final two home games as we do the scans for both SA teams. I expect any company affiliated with PAFC would have got the same deal.

The spike in membership is imaginary, they can inflate the numbers all they want.

Relief is the overwhelming emotion for me.

Coz now I can make a clean break. Even tho I canned my membership and haven't watched any games this year (let alone been to one) there was still a glimmer of hope. However faint.

But yeah, the club I barracked for is well and truly gone. Been on life support for a while. Yesterday's announcement was just pulling the plug.

Que sera sera and sh!t.

And I'll be damned if the last year or so hasn't been like the last season or two of Diff'rent Strokes, my fave show when I was a kid. Ratings dipped when Gary Coleman got older and less cuter/funnier. So the network brought in Sam, a bona fide red-headed stepchild, in a desperate attempt to revive its flagging fortunes. Kept watching in the vain hope it would bounce back. Alas.

That obnoxious little campaigner killed it forever, he deaded it so bad, there's never even been talk of a reboot...

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 12.16.35 pm.png

P.S. Glenelg analogy is a bit off, I reckon. The Bays were a good side back in the day, farken. They were just our grand final biyatch. Mid-80s to mid-90s Norwood is more apt. They peacocked around town, struttin dat ass, windmilling c0cks, over-promising and under-delivering, finishing 3rd every year. At least they made a grand final, tho. I mean, they got absolutely obliterated. But still.

That's not even the end of it. They offered all our staff at Jones Radiology free membership tickets for the final two home games as we do the scans for both SA teams. I expect any company affiliated with PAFC would have got the same deal.

The spike in membership is imaginary, they can inflate the numbers all they want.

RAA employees could grab free three game memberships for most of the '22 season. The sh!t was plastered all over the joint. Dunno if it's the same this year. Mfers be juking the stats, lmao...

Last edited:
Is it success? No.

Is it closer to success than Ken Hinkley has ever gotten? Absolutely.

He at he least got StKilda in to back to back Grand Finals, three if you count the draw separately and got Freo into a GF also.

Three of those 4 GFs were also very close games, 12 points, draw and 15 points.

Hinkley hasn’t even managed a single GF in a decade. He’s the record holder for most games coached at one club without a GF and is very close to taking the second spot of most games coached all time without a GF.

Once he passes Terry Wallace he will only be behind a bloke who started coaching in the 1950s for most games coached all time without a GF.
Lyon has coached more years than Ken.

Ken getting you to within a kick of a GF in 14 is virtually the same as Lyon making the GF in 13 and Ken has a superior Win/Loss ratio overall.

They are both regarded very highly in Vic.

Ken getting you to within a kick of a GF in 14 is virtually the same as Lyon making the GF in 13
LOL. No, no it isn't. And even if it was, Lyon has made the GF three times and got within a kick of winning one twice.

You've had more time here than the quality of your arguments deserve. Off you f*** now.

Lyon has coached more years than Ken.

Ken getting you to within a kick of a GF in 14 is virtually the same as Lyon making the GF in 13 and Ken has a superior Win/Loss ratio overall.

They are both regarded very highly in Vic.
Seriously, * off. You take him meathead.

If the worst happens and Port crash and burn in finals I wonder if they will allow members to attend the next AGM or if they'll come up with an excuse like they did after the Bulldogs prelim debacle and make it a private event.
Maybe they should have a members convention...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Bell Park flag has got more airtime over the years than many state league & AFL flags lol utterly bizarre.

When you’re such a fantastic AFL coach your crowning moment remains a boondocks rev-up 20 years ago.

How about the spinning of the membership number to try justify the contract extension.

They offered me a 'complimentary 2 game digital membership'. How many other disenchanted former members did they offer that to get the numbers up. Absolute spin merchants
Good to see they finally got the digital membership off the ground, that was my suggestion back in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back