Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d also throw in three memberships but the kids like going.

I feel nothing compared to the 04 era.

Koch and Hinkley as we know will not win a flag, they just won’t. But they patted themselves on the back for two more years.

Crows, Geelong, Hawks, Gold Coast will all be better next year. Even North will have a spike under a proper pre season with Clarko.

We could well be around 10th at the end of next year.

We certainly aren’t doing anything in finals if we make it, Ken has this group infected with scared syndrome.

I’d also throw in three memberships but the kids like going.

I feel nothing compared to the 04 era.

Koch and Hinkley as we know will not win a flag, they just won’t. But they patted themselves on the back for two more years.

Crows, Geelong, Hawks, Gold Coast will all be better next year. Even North will have a spike under a proper pre season with Clarko.

We could well be around 10th at the end of next year.

We certainly aren’t doing anything in finals if we make it, Ken has this group infected with scared syndrome.
Oh I Fully expect us to miss the 8 again. He has his contract so players like Wines will just chill.

How mad is everyone going to be when Jordan Hinkey is announced as the coach in 2026.
Ugh. This is what shits me most - the nepotism and croynism at the heart of our club. It used to be 'best person for the job'. Now it's who you know or share a gene pool with. When we started giving out free jobs to family members to sweeten the coaching deal, it started to make sense - how can you expect a coach to be tough on the players he loves when he demands his kids get an easy ride? pathetic

Carr is a gutless coward for not walking out on the club the second Hinkley's extension was announced, he can * off too. I don't want our next coach to be someone who has so much as met Ken Hinkley, let alone coaches under him.
Completely convinced that Carr is not the solution.
What’s stranger to me is how he’s done a complete 180 from all the “get what you deserve never give up pick up your toilet rolls” messaging from the early days. Now it’s about making excuses, managing expectations and taking absolutely zero responsibility for anything that happens. It’s almost like Ken died at the end of 2014 and they replaced him with a body double who went rogue and decided to take his character in a different direction.
they replaced him with deck chair Ken after two years.

Legitimate question. Can the power afford to sack Hinkley now? Budget wise, is there enough in the petty cash drawer to pay out Hinkley for the rest of his contract, while paying for the coach to replace him?

Legitimate question. Can the power afford to sack Hinkley now? Budget wise, is there enough in the petty cash drawer to pay out Hinkley for the rest of his contract, while paying for the coach to replace him?

They based by post covid rules are only required to pay out 6 months worth of his contract

Its funny that Adam Kingsley and Michael Voss have now joined Craig McRae and a bunch of others in going from...

"Not up to being a senior coach, wouldn't be an improvement on Hinkley"

to

"No chance we could get someone at that level, we're just a little club from Alberton"

Every coach out there fits in to one of these two boxes to the "who else can you get" crowd.

Its funny that Adam Kingsley and Michael Voss have now joined Craig McRae and a bunch of others in going from...

"Not up to being a senior coach, wouldn't be an improvement on Hinkley"

to

"No chance we could get someone at that level, we're just a little club from Alberton"

Every coach out there fits in to one of these two boxes to the "who else can you get" crowd.

ah yes, there's no way we could possibly match the attractiveness and desirability of a big club like.. checks notes Western Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is absolutely no chance Ken will resign. There is also no chance Koch will sack him. The only hope is that this time, he and the board will let the contract end without renewal and that is a very slim hope.

Those in charge have gutted the club and only kept the facade for heritage sakes. So, yes I do hate Ken. I hate him and I hate Koch and his board of cronies. I hate them because they have hollowed out a strong institution that used to reflect the community in which it was based.

**** them all. They don’t deserve our support.

I think we know that they know that they wouldn't like the things he had to say if they did let him inside the tent. There's a reason he's public enemy number one at the club - his views are dangerous because they expose the truth behind the regime and he has the credibility (both inside and outside of the club) to have people listen to him. If he had a role at the club he'd very quickly have it divided - which is of course what we want, but it's not what they want.
Yep they are petrified of board meetings where someone stands up when they are almost ready to wrap things up & says just fukcin' hang on a minute.

Paywalled

How will Port Adelaide fans view the Power’s 2023 season?​

The microscope is back on Port Adelaide after the Power’s straight sets exit. Is this reasonable or not and how should the 2023 season be judged by the fans? Have your say here.
'We were handed a valuable lesson' Hinkley

Rightly or wrongly the microscope is back on Port Adelaide and Ken Hinkley.
As sure as GWS’ social media content being extremely strong in September, the questions about whether the Power went too early in re-signing its senior coach prior to finals quickly came after the Giants’ ended Port Adelaide’s season on Saturday night.
Post-game Hinkley himself acknowledged the criticism and questions that is set to come his and the Power’s way, and the rising tension after another knockout finals loss.
Whether this is reasonable or not might just come down to whether you are an optimist or a pessimist.
The glass half full approach to Port’s season is that what were the Power actually expected to do in 2023?
After Port’s 2022 season, the Power weren’t really tipped to contend in 2023 - despite prelims in 2020 and 2021.
Ahead of the season in News Corp’s AFL team’s predictions only three people had the Power returning to the top eight.
This author was one of them, but had them sixth.
The big positive out of the Power’s 2023 is the performances of its midfield.
Hinkley and his coaches leave the field after the loss to the Giants. (Photo by James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

Hinkley and his coaches leave the field after the loss to the Giants. (Photo by James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
In Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Jason Horne-Francis they have the next great midfield in the AFL.
In 2023 the Power’s midfield was one of the best, if not the best in the competition, and it is scary how much those three can improve as they get older.
For a second-year player Horne-Francis’ game against the Giants was a rare positive for the Power, with 20 disposals, four clearances, six score involvements and a goal.
Willie Rioli’s end to the season was very good, Miles Bergman has emerged as a key part of the Power’s future.
The glass half empty approach is that again the Power have not been able to get the job done in a cutthroat final game.
PORT-2023_OhE-0Fnyv.jpg

In fact for the second time in three years the Power barely showed up in the first half of its most important game of the season.
There are differences between this season and 2021.
The Power seemed to limp into finals this year, with players carrying knocks and inconsistent form to end the year.
In 2021 before the demolition at the hands of the Western Bulldogs it seemed like the Power had everything aligning nicely for a grand final appearance before it was jumped from the outset.
Connor Rozee and Zak Butters took another giant step forward. (Photo by James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

Connor Rozee and Zak Butters took another giant step forward. (Photo by James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
As the Power went on its club-record 13-game winning streak, at one point Port Adelaide were installed as second favourites for the flag by bookies.
Going from this to a straight sets exit will leave a bitter taste in the mouth of many Port fans.
But the things the Power might have been able to get away with in the home and away season, you can’t in finals footy.
The defence is a massive worry after the Power went from being the third-stingiest team ahead of finals two years ago to the seventh-leakiest.
No wonder the Power are in for key defenders Esava Ratugolea and Brandon Zerk-Thatcher but are they going to change things back there?
The Power stumbled on an absolute find with Aliir Aliir’s move back to defence, and they will be praying lightning strikes twice for the undersized backline.
But now there now looks to be some issues up the other end of the ground with the Power’s key forward stocks.
It means for all the steps the Power might have taken this year, the inability to again get over the hump means it’s going to be a long summer of questions around where Port Adelaide is going and whether the path it has chosen is the right one.

Work something out with Ken's payout.

There's enough cash.

Then get creative with the soft cap if that's an issue.

Why does Ken want to be coach. Surely he has enough money. It must be stressful. He's s**t at his job and everyone hates him. Its not just a private humiliation but a very public humiliation of being a fraud. Its not like he's driven by a passion to do the job. I just dont get what is wrong with him?

Maybe he resents the fans and this is simply an F U to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back