Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't hate to lose. It's part of what makes him such a ******* loser.

Legitimately hasn't given a **** in 8 years.

Name one successful coach who would be giggling and cuddling with an opposition player in the immediate aftermath of your 4th loss on the trot, a promising season spiraling out of control.

The losses just don't hurt him at all.

I found the very first Hinkley online hate post from 1995.

View attachment 1767005

Surprise surprise, it's always been dollars first, second and third for Ken Hinkley.

He doesn't like coaching us, hates pressure. But he's not going to get a buffoon TV presenter to give him close to 7 figures a year with no strings attached anywhere else.

Janus thinks Donuts is mensa worthy.

Janus knows Hinkley absolutely sucks. He never directly defends him or says that his coaching is good.

He just posts contrarian shit about everything else that losses could be blamed on because that's how he has fun on the internet.

I don't even know if that is legit but either way I'm giggling at the idea that 28 years later both Freo and Hinkley are still chasing that elusive premiership.
It's 100% legit. It's from a Usenet newsgroup archive from Google groups of rec.sport.football.australian, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link? Did anyone else use to post on there? I think I saw Macca19 on there. This reply is quite funny, too.

folllowup.JPG

Last edited:
It's 100% legit. It's from a Usenet newsgroup archive from Google groups of rec.sport.football.australian, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link? Did anyone else use to post on there? I think I saw Macca19 on there. This reply is quite funny, too.

View attachment 1767041

Ahahah 30 years ago and the "sensitive new age guy" was the equivalent of today's woke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he getting a 2 year deal as I’ve heard (as in already sorted) then it shows the club is happy with being mid to upper table mid season.

There are no guarantees getting a new ruckman, defender will make us better, those ‘missing pieces’ come and go every year, I recall thinking this when Dixon arrived.

It’s either a GF appearance or nothing .
Surely anything else is no different to where we have been before?

Forever on the shop for missing pieces while development & age/experience demographics are all over the shop in other areas

View attachment 1767041
It's.not the first time he picked up his bat and ball and went home sulking either. Left Fitzroy mid season prior to going to Geelong. Quality person our "Kenny".

Legitimately hasn't given a * in 8 years.

Name one successful coach who would be giggling and cuddling with an opposition player in the immediate aftermath of your 4th loss on the trot, a promising season spiraling out of control.

The losses just don't hurt him at all.

The wanton refusal of his defenders to read between the lines of his behaviour is shocking.

Coming up on 20 years ago, Choco coughed up another minor premiership with nothing to show for 19 wins on the year. But was under absolutely no illusions that 2004 was a must-win scenario with heads rolling left and right, including his most likely, if it happened again. He ruthlessly set about plotting a course to bring the cup home with all the associated salvation and positive consequences that entailed.

You never ever get this sense with Ken Hinkley, because there’s never been any consequences for anyone other than Chad Wingard and the John Butchers, Kane Mitchells, and Andrew Moores.

At the end of 2003 Choco sacked Stephen Paxman.

In 2024 the shuffling husk of Tom Jonas still wears the #1.

The wanton refusal of his defenders to read between the lines of his behaviour is shocking.

Coming up on 20 years ago, Choco coughed up another minor premiership with nothing to show for 19 wins on the year. But was under absolutely no illusions that 2004 was a must-win scenario with heads rolling left and right, including his most likely, if it happened again. He ruthlessly set about plotting a course to bring the cup home with all the associated salvation and positive consequences that entailed.

You never ever get this sense with Ken Hinkley, because there’s never been any consequences for anyone other than Chad Wingard and the John Butchers, Kane Mitchells, and Andrew Moores.

We need Sanjeev Gupta to come out and say we'll never win a premiership under Ken Hinkley.

The optics of Hinkley having an enjoyable chat with the opposition captain after a tough loss is really hard to swallow for the Port faithful and it is almost to the point of a troll. Like he has the contract on the table and he feels powerful enough again to do whatever errant or deviant behaviour he wants because it is allowed by Koch.

Yes, it shows that Hinkley does not hurt when we lose. This is really, really bad. It shows the rest of the team that winning isn't important. You don't want that message to go to throughout the team. There is a great chance that it is quite normal at the club even if some players still want to win.

Psychology aside, my main point is why hasn't any of the team whether in administration, coaching or the players called him out on it.

And just to add an extra bit to the losing philosophy of the current group, the work/life balance so vaunted by our ex-captain is nothing more than an excuse to lose.

Put Hinkley there in those times I'd imagine he still rolls with Paxman & Che the next year.

Put Hinkley there in those times I'd imagine he still rolls with Paxman & Che the next year.

100%.

Paxman down back with Chad Cornes in that square peg/round hole subordinate forward role, rather than the ‘a spot’s opened up’ dynamic scorelaunching CHB who won All-Australian honours and came third in the Brownlow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back