Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

Had an Elijah Hewett (and Tyler Brockman) sighting at training today. Both of them did no more than walk a couple of laps but at least they made an appearance.

Unfortunately, Campbell Chesser was also walking with them so with just 2 games left I think his season may be done

Noah Long was spotted again, this time doing some mobility exercises before slowly jogging a few 50-60m run throughs to the applause of teammates

Barrass looked to be moving reasonably well and would be a chance to play this week. Ditto Harry Edwards

Burgiel was showing no signs of being hampered by his hamstring injury and might be ok to play WAFL this week

Chesser and TB both listed as test

Harry Edwards good to go

Ditto Burgiel

Luke Edwards finished for the season

Sheed has had foot surgery to get him right for preseason

Thundering silence from Innes about Reid/Cripps, not even "yeah we'll wait and see". Expect a "surprise" when our final teamis announced.
Also Barrass' injuries seem to be increasing weekly. It's gone from concussion to hamstring to back stiffness.
Just rest up nice and easy Tommy.

Official injury list (10) released 13/8

Season (7) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion) - Was TBC
Josh Rotham (Abdominal) - Was TBC

Test (3) :
• Campbell Chesser (Groin) - New
Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - No change (Back is new, Concussion is gone)
• Coby Burgiel (Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks

Harry Edwards has passed the concussion protocols and is available to play

Thundering silence from Innes about Reid/Cripps, not even "yeah we'll wait and see". Expect a "surprise" when our final teamis announced.
Also Barrass' injuries seem to be increasing weekly. It's gone from concussion to hamstring to back stiffness.
Just rest up nice and easy Tommy.
The training report said Reid was pretty much fine today, although did a bit away from the main group at one point.

Don't really think there's alarm bells just yet.

Official injury list (10) released 13/8

Season (7) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion) - Was TBC
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal) - Was TBC

Test (3) :
• Campbell Chesser (Groin) - New
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - No change (Back is new, Concussion is gone)
• Coby Burgiel (Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks

Harry Edwards has passed the concussion protocols and is available to play
Barrass' back/hamstring is the same issue for those who think he's got 2 injuries.

There’s contact injury and then there’s contract injury.
Wouldn’t begrudge him and we should do well out of the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koby stevens vibes. If that’s what you are getting by upset over, then you must have a very good life.

I can’t see what culley’s weapon is. Just like Koby.

I actually think he has the same type of weapons a Kyle Langford does - awesome kick, good contested mark for a non KPF, good contested player for a forward etc. Would be an awkward matchup in the right side.

I sadly don't think that fits our team specifically though - our forward line both list profile wise and best 22 is too tall as it is and we probably need more pacey crumbers than anything. And I'm less convinced on him as a mid at AFL level, I don't like that pace is such a prerequisite in today's game but that's the way it is.

Hope he makes it even if it's not at WC, he seems like a ripper bloke with a great work ethic, I actually think he'd fit a club like Hawthorn (who have their crumbers sorted and not a mega tall forward line aside) really well.

Sucks for him big time!

We should have grounds for a priority pick based on concussion related retirements alone. That could be three in 4 years.

Was going to say the same, 2 first rounders and now potentially one of our few 3rd year players. Club won't even ask though you'd imagine.

Jones out of the WAFL with a head knock suffered at training, according to the local rag Im trying to avoid these days.

Depending on when he suffered it, that might be the last we see of him as 12 days could rule him out of next week’s action too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back