Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

• Stoked with the win. This patch between the 2 byes always looked a brutal stretch of games in terms of oppo and breaks between games, would've been stoked to go 4-2 to come out undefeated is brilliant by the club.
  • Were a fair bit off tonight, but our game plan is great and allows us to still score and hang in there and find a way to win. You have to acknowledge their injuries, inaccuracy etc. which helped us but the being challenged and winning is important, can't win in a canter every week otherwise not getting that experience throughout the season might catch you out in a final when it gets close.
  • A few special performances from Gulden, Heeney & particular Warner really pulled us over the line. Grundy good in the last 3 qtrs as well after a bizarre start from him
  • Spare me the crying over one umpiring decision going against them for a change. Probably wasn't there, but ppl crying about it also conveniently forget we were having a shot at goal regardless.....having said that would've liked to have sealed it ourselves without that decision finishing it for us.

Not enough love for Grundy IMO.

46 HO, 7 clearances (2nd most on the ground) and 7 tackles (= 2nd most for the game) and a significant physical presence around the ground throughout.
He makes a difference.

Admittedly not quite as much difference as when Warner goes full Chad.

And a call out to Will Hayward as well.
Last qtr an important mark on the wing, an important tackle on the wing, earlier in the game smother, chase down tackle leading to goals and kicked a couple of his own.
His workrate is superb.

Thought it was interesting that in the second half McDonald moved further up the ground and he just looks more comfortable and effective in that 'link' role.

The height of the Dog fwds troubled us, but when they have Darcy (208cm), JUH (197cm), Naughton (196cm) and can swing English (208cm) and Bontempelli (194) forward they are going to stretch every team to a degree.
Blakey was terrific spoiling the ball, but of all the players in the reserves it may even be Will Edwards (197cm and with good athleticism) who is the one we really need to develop into best 22.

I've said it before but can we please stop using Blakey for kick-ins.
He's much better as first receiver, where there is more potential for reward for the risks.

Subdued atmosphere, subdued game and as everyone has said take the 4 points, rest up and go again in a couple of weeks.
10-1, % of over 150%, I'm prepared to say we're travelling OK.

! Not a link up player we need Logan to become a dominant key forward McLean or Amartey can play the Reid role.

:p

Goals are only one measure of how a forward is tracking. We're averaging over 100 points a game, our forwards are doing their jobs.

Sure, a lot of those goals are coming from midfielders, but the forwards are contributing with either assists or clearing the space.

The fact that we have such an even spread of goalkickers and are still generally kicking over 100 points without our forwards kicking bags is an excellent thing. It hasn't exactly been common for key forwards to kick bags in finals and grand finals in recent times anyway.

Not sure I’m getting quite enough Swans board notifications.

Any chance we can beat them up?
There is a thread on here with instructions on how to fix that issue, but don't even worry about it, you're welcome to stick around 🤗

A million would be the starting point at the moment. He’s looking at 1.2 at a minimum I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$6m for four years? $9m for six? $15m for 10!? i reckon the way he's going, and the way the market is, he could draw those kind of offers
i mean, i don't even know if that's realistic but he's just showed again tonight what a marketing dream he'd be, on top of his football ... which is as much substance as it is style ... and getting better
that laughing, tongue-out run from last week, the mark tonight, the on-field grin, like he's playing school football ... every club would love to have him, he's like a lovable, family-friendly version of dustin martin at the same time martin is drifting out of the game
what are the highest-paid players getting now and compare them to warner's season right now ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a thread on here with instructions on how to fix that issue, but don't even worry about it, you're welcome to stick around 🤗
Why should I fix a problem I didn’t create.

I’m in the midst of trying to solve all of Melbourne’s forward half issues and now I’ve gotta deal with this?

What’s next, you’ll make me do the warm down Massage for Grundy?

Yer i know just womp womp pick 5! waiting for him to become a 50 goal a season forward :p

Quick look, seems to take 4-6 years for KPFs to get to 50 goals plus.

Last few coleman medallists:
Curnow 6 years
Mackay 5 years
Hawkins 6 years
Cameron 2 years
J Riewoldt 4 years
Franklin 3 years
JJK 6 years
Fev 5 years
Brown 8 years

Contemporaries:
Larkey 6 years