No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The key to selecting a great coach is to find someone who gets the best out of a particular group.

You're line of thinking is precisely why 'supercoaches' like malthouse and blight failed miserably at the blues and saints.

It's all about finding the right match for what our list need to achieve their best.

It is utterly irrelevant whether any candidates have been rejected elsewhere.

In fact- I would argue that given how idiotic essendon have been in their 'processes' for selecting coaches... I personally would consider being rejected by them as a tick in any candidates box.
What we need is someone to come in with an Ego and make our players believe.

We almost need a absolute Bully and a W@nker because our guys seem to be mentally fragile. Richo and Ratts seem like really nice blokes and the players never said a bad word about them.. you look at Scott/Clarko/Hardwick all look to have the cockyness and take no cr@p approach.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Clarko, Dimma and Bevo were all passed on by other clubs....

What do they have in common???

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app
All have Ego's and the teams they have coachef played with them.

Our boys are timid and fragile.

This is the type of coach we need.

Thi
There were a lot of people complaining the review was just window dressing and would not bring about substantive change. We have now put a bullet in the:
  • CEO
  • Head of football (demoted)
  • Head Coach
  • Senior assistant
Thats on top of a recent change to our head recruiter. Quite simply the biggest change I can remember in my time following the club. For me this is waaaay more significant than landing a star free agent or top 10 pick. Getting this part right will go a long way to fixing our ladder position
This

Whether there is a coach lined up for the job or not, we need to make sure there is a lengthy process headed by Walsh, and who he wants, because otherwise it's gonna be a s**t storm stuck in a cycle.

Experienced Coaches
  • Buckley
  • Ross
  • Pyke
  • Hird
  • Leppitsch
  • Simpson (If we Poach)
Inexperienced Coaches
  • Yze
  • Harvey
  • McVeigh
  • Carracella
  • Burns
  • Daly
  • Giansirrancusa
  • Lapping
  • Schofield
I personally would love for Pyke to come to us, whether as a forward coach or as the actual coach. But what he's done for Sydney and how they play is incredible.

Fixed it for you

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have no idea why you are so triggered by this
We were going nowhere under Ratten
Clearly they have restructured the footy department because of some poor decisions but in the end, Lade and ratts are gone.!!’
It’s time to celebrate not commiserate
We could have done all of this without spending hundreds of thousands extra

Off to bed now, hope max king doesn’t retire between now and when I wake up

On the contrary... max now has a chance at getting a mark on a lead...
With less than 3 blokes on him

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah yeah sunk cost and all that but who are we gonna get in to replace him at this hour? Just horrendous decision after horrendous decision.
How is it a horrendous decision when he isn't a good coach. Sticking with him wasn't going to work... So instead of banging our heads against a wall like we normally do we are going to try someone else. Great decision.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

The brains behind the cheeky McRae smile... Leppa!
Anyone who heard his weekly SEN segments last year would know how much he knows his sh1t.
We're probably the only club that RTB doesn't need to go through a "process" at! (we already know we can't trust him!)

Bloody crazy times.

Worst , it sets us back, new coach has to make his own decisions about the list.
I'm guessing they had players potentially lined up for trade and didn't want to look unstable before getting them in.

I don't think ratts was going to get us anywhere above mid table so happy to see him go and a fresh team and approach come in.

Keeping him for another year and then sacking him would set us back longer

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The brains behind the cheeky McRae smile... Leppa!
Anyone who heard his weekly SEN segments last year would know how much he knows his sh1t.
We're probably the only club that RTB doesn't need to go through a "process" at! (we already know we can't trust him!)

Bloody crazy times.
If he left again?

Would we get a first round compo pick?

Because that could be useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back