No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting that Gallagher came out and said that we were short of elite players. Not surprised that what he said was wrong, but that he publicly said it.

If you look back to 2009 and 2010, we had Riewoldt, Lenny, Dal, Goddard, Milne, Joey, Sam Fisher, Kosi, Dempster etc and we still couldn't win it. We fell away at the tail end of the list for quality. But if you realistically look at our list now for stars you have Steele, Marshall, King, Wilkie and lots of good average players.

Gallagher was spot on that we need more elite talent. This isn't the need to bring in 10 more players, but 2 or 3 would make a huge difference. We need to do all we can to trade, draft elite talent. We have the bit players and above average talent, now badly need those elite match winners.

The rest of us quite enjoyed the sparring.
No knock out blow ( until RTB is announced) but imo you’re ahead on points 🤣
You are stroking my ego and whilst I appreciate it.

I don’t think phantom13 or myself can be ****ed doing that circle dance again.

I am happy with Ross to come on as a mentor or a short term fix. To me he's most definitely not a long term solution and we need to develop guys underneath him if he is the one we are going to make senior coach in a fortnight.

If Ross can come in and win a flag, he can stay until he cant walk down to the huddle from the coaches box.

I don’t think phantom13 or myself can be cactus doing that circle dance again.
My corner can barely stand up anymore, let alone me. My cut guy is dead from exhaustion.

FWIW Mark Williams can GTFO too. I actually dont object at all to Ross but i dont want Choc.

Many a story from the dees and the tigers about what kind of operator he is and not many of them are good.

Last edited:
I think I made sense. In the argument of which sample to choose from, 2011 or 2019, I would choose 2019. I still think both samples are s**t though, primarily because he hasn't coached at any level in three years and it was 7 years ago when he last had a successful year. The game has changed since then so I feel there's plenty to worry about when it comes to appointing Ross, too many questions that can only get answered watching us play. That worries me. At least if we went after an assistant from an elite program there would be less concern over implementing a present day gameplan. And if that person was ruthless and came from a winning background, I think he could do all the things Ross could and probably more.

In an 18 team competition, doing the safe predictable way and hoping to succeed seems to be the recipe for disaster. Sometimes the best option is to take risks, put all chips on black and see what we can get away with. I am done with doing the same old predictable crap again. If Ross is determined by the club that he has the passion, desire, skills, support around him, then hell yes, lets go for it.

Dan Quayle told me Tomatoe had an E
Ok, now you’re dating yourself….and me, because I know exactly what you’re referring to and more than half this board wouldn’t! 🙄🤣

I don’t think phantom13 or myself can be cactus doing that circle dance again.
No ego stroking, just that I was in your corner.
( And that’s all i know about boxing, so there’ll be no more analogies! )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ego stroking, just that I was in your corner.
( And that’s all i know about boxing, so there’ll be no more analogies! )
The irony in this is we landed on actually being in agreement.

If Ross ticks the boxes then appoint him. So the outcome was really a majority draw (and everyone who followed it losing like 7 hours of their lives).

The irony in this is we landed on actually being in agreement.

If Ross ticks the boxes then appoint him. So the outcome was really a majority draw (and everyone who followed it losing like 7 hours of their lives).
It was great, passionate debate and we understood where both sides were coming from.

Certainly more entertaining than debating a choice between Richo and Ratts and filled a few hours till draft day!
The anticipation on here is amazing after a pretty boring trade time.

B:Blake - WilkieDawson - CordyBaker - Paton
HB:Goddard - BattleFisher - HowardGilbert - Webster
C:Ray - CoffieldHayes - SteeleDal Santo - Clark
HF:McQualter - McKenzieKoschitzke - MembreyJones - Windhager
F:Milne - HigginsRiewoldt - KingGram - Owens
Foll:King - MarshallMontagna - CrouchSchneider - Gresham
Int:Ball - RossClarke - WanganeenMileraDempster - Highmore
Gardiner - Hayes
Coach:Ross Lyon

Zac Jones
Brad Hill
Jack Billings

Earn 'your' spot back.

FMD I wish we kept Benny Long... He would be next level under Ross.

I have it at five wins for todays list, twelve wins for 09/10, and five 50/50s. A bit of work to do.

In an 18 team competition, doing the safe predictable way and hoping to succeed seems to be the recipe for disaster. Sometimes the best option is to take risks, put all chips on black and see what we can get away with. I am done with doing the same old predictable crap again. If Ross is determined by the club that he has the passion, desire, skills, support around him, then hell yes, lets go for it.
I think it's the safe option going with him and doesn't show much out of the box thinking which is what we probably need to leapfrog the best sides and create an era of dominance.

I will back him if he's the man though and just hope for the best.

I love Milney and I’m pretty sure he let the cat out of the bag twice here

At the start he mentions a phone call and then chatter amongst ex players and Ross not replying to text

Then he talks about 6 weeks ago a phone Ross never expected to receive and then tries to say - well I don’t know about a phone call 😂

I posted this yesterday, but if you watch this AFL 360 video and listen to the timeline of quotes re: the Essendon coaching job (video begins at 0:19 seconds and every Ross quote is date stamped) you can see something changed for Ross Lyon along the way. He went from "very weary", but entertaining the idea of submitting himself to the process, to "a million percent out" of the race.

He officially declared himself out of the race for the Essendon coaching job on September 8th.

AKA 6 weeks ago.

Phantom and I have already gone at it 2 nights in a row.
giphy.webp

I posted this yesterday, but if you watch this AFL 360 video and listen to the timeline of quotes re: the Essendon coaching job (video begins at 0:19 seconds and every Ross quote is date stamped) you can see something changed for Ross Lyon along the way. He went from "very weary", but entertaining the idea of submitting himself to the process, to "a million percent out" of the race.

He officially declared himself out of the race for the Essendon coaching job on September 8th.

AKA 6 weeks ago.

Lol
It's so obvious.
We've been saying it all along that this was decided a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back