Foll:King - MarshallMontagna - CrouchSchneider - Gresham
Int:Ball - RossClarke - WanganeenMileraDempster - Highmore
Gardiner - Hayes
Coach:Ross Lyon

Zac Jones
Brad Hill
Jack Billings

Earn 'your' spot back.

FMD I wish we kept Benny Long... He would be next level under Ross.

Your forgot Dean Polo :tearsofjoy:

There is only one club I personally need us to beat in that premiership race.

Carlton…

If I could erase one club. It’s them. Utter s**t stain of a team with supporters who’s egos are unmatched. Even when they are s**t - they are apparently good with guns on every line.

Even now, we both missed finals. But they are a chance of winning the whole lot next year if you listen to the media and their supporters.

Never forget the Scheme of Arrangements meeting in 1984 when Carlton (Ian Collins) voted to wind us up as one of the creditors rather than to accept a reduced settlement.

Allan Jeans (then Hawthorn coach) represented the past players by proxy and saved the club.

Never forgive Carlton for that. Ever.

Just getting in the pride round stuff early mate.
You're both more than welcome to join mine and Dard Ball Get's festivities. He's been off-line for a little while now, think I've worn him out xx

B:Blake - WilkieDawson - CordyBaker - Paton
HB:Goddard - BattleFisher - HowardGilbert - Webster
C:Ray - CoffieldHayes - SteeleDal Santo - Clark
HF:McQualter - McKenzieKoschitzke - MembreyJones - Windhager
F:Milne - HigginsRiewoldt - KingGram - Owens
Foll:King - MarshallMontagna - CrouchSchneider - Gresham
Int:Ball - RossClarke - WanganeenMileraDempster - Highmore
Gardiner - Hayes
Coach:Ross Lyon

Zac Jones
Brad Hill
Jack Billings

Earn 'your' spot back.

FMD I wish we kept Benny Long... He would be next level under Ross.

I have it at five wins for todays list, twelve wins for 09/10, and five 50/50s. A bit of work to do.
Ooohhhh this is a fun game.

I have it as

09/10 = 13
Todays List = 7
50/50 = 2

09/10 go 4/2 in the back & forward 6s

Just re-listened and heard that disturbing reference to Hird at the outset.

If it was Hird I’d be taking a break from the club.

M2sweBK.gif

Whats your name?

Shane?

You're quite brilliant Shane. Two hours of football and that's the question you come up with.

Withering sarcasm from a cranky RTB at a dockers presser. FMD :D

It was after Fremantle had beaten Geelong in a final at Geelong in 2013. One of the greatest victories in Fremantle’s history. He can be a cranky bastard.

Imagine Lyon’s reaction if they had lost.

You're both more than welcome to join mine and Dard Ball Get's festivities. He's been off-line for a little while now, think I've worn him out xx
Just got back from the brother’s wedding.
Had to dominate the speech and dancefloor landscape as well as spread the good word of RTB to anyone who’d listen. All in a day’s work.

I’m certainly not reading through 157 pages to “catch up”, especially when there’s apparently a PM group of dusty old f*cks who prefer to gossip amongst themselves like a Wednesday CWA meeting over sharing any pissy morsel they may have.

Great to see the club has rope-a-doped us all into some semblance of belief again, however, hot boy summer.

Had to dominate the speech and dancefloor landscape as well as spread the good word of RTB to anyone who’d listen. All in a day’s work.

I’m certainly not reading through 157 pages to “catch up”, especially when there’s apparently a PM group of dusty old f*cks who prefer to gossip amongst themselves like a Wednesday CWA meeting over sharing any pissy morsel they may have.

Great to see the club has rope-a-doped us all into some semblance of belief again, however, hot boy summer.
Invitation only, we have a no cucks rule champ.

Genuinely excited at the prospect of Ross the Boss coming back.

What would now be a very St Kilda thing to do is to announce someone else. 😳

Here's our new coach. A man you all know and love! Give it up for Ross Lyon.......s co-host on Triple M Footy - WAYNE CAREY!!!

It has been a rough and uninspiring time for Saints fans. The last couple of years of Richo, then Ratt's all added up to under-achieving.. so many Saints supporters I know just lost interest and need to be lured back. Good at last to see a president of the club, say 'enough is enough' and take strong action.

Here's a little snapshot of this time 9 years ago, just after Scott Watters had been booted out of the club. A few familiar faces!

Bloody hell, it's been a journey. I think most of us feel that bringing an elite operator back into the coach's seat will put the capstone on that rudderless scrambling into the void.

Its a big year for St Kilda. If Ross comes back and seems energised, with Hayes, the emergence of Owens, Windy & Nas, a higher hitrate from Max King and Jack Higgins, Steele, Crouch and Ross bossing the centre, Sinclair and Clark quarterbacking, and the whole team looking fit and firing, it couldn't be a better time to celebrate 150 years of this proud club. I hope the marketing and media crew are given the appropriate budget and are up to the task because if it's sold right, our 2023 membership could crack 70,000+ members, and if it works out with Ross that figure could just keep rising in future years.

Damien Barrett isn't worth mentioning in a positive post, but he did get one and only one thing right; Saints fans are very cultish about RtB - if he comes back, we will be unified under the messiah to a terrifying (to the outsiders) degree. No wonder Barrett is shitting himself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Wilkie is probably the only winner from this period out of both the back and front 6

Maybe a couple you could argue were 50-50
I might be tripping but I've got Wilkie, Marshall, Gresham and McKenzie as the only winners from 2022 squad, and DMac only by virtue of that specific match up.

Always there for me when I need you. An amazing lover AND loyal as a basset hound ❤️

I posted this yesterday, but if you watch this AFL 360 video and listen to the timeline of quotes re: the Essendon coaching job (video begins at 0:19 seconds and every Ross quote is date stamped) you can see something changed for Ross Lyon along the way. He went from "very weary", but entertaining the idea of submitting himself to the process, to "a million percent out" of the race.

He officially declared himself out of the race for the Essendon coaching job on September 8th.

AKA 6 weeks ago.

Interesting that Gerard seems happy for the head-hunting style of acquiring a coach. He actually mentions Brad Scott knocked back going through the process at Essendon. Not sure why we're copping grief for the same. Robbo's just pissed that Ross declined the Bombers and chose St Kilda...

I don't often agree with Kane Cornes but this contract clause where clubs only have to payout six months is pretty bloody rough. It really should be a year at least.

“Brett Ratten on October 17th has to go look for a job when everyone else has already shored up their football departments. It’s cruel.”
It's a good rule for St.Kilda

If Ross does come back he better win more than he loses. Because the media will delight in riding the Saints into the ground at every turn about his appointment.

I don't often agree with Kane Cornes but this contract clause where clubs only have to payout six months is pretty bloody rough. It really should be a year at least.

“Brett Ratten on October 17th has to go look for a job when everyone else has already shored up their football departments. It’s cruel.”

Kane Cornes handle on linguistics is pretty average. Prone to huge exaggerations and massive overreactions.

Many parts of the football department are changing, so there's a complete misnomer.

We were "tough" on Ratts, like we should have been... hardly cruel. I reckon we were nice to him, a nice juicy payout for no more required work. Ratt's job was to make the finals, he didn't.

I admire the club for having the balls to admit a mistake, rectify it and move on.

I was jumping on the train at Hampton Station towards the city a few weeks ago.

There is a bit of a lane way of Hampton street towards to station.

As it so happens I walked past RTB talking to somebody. Did not see who, didn't really care as didn't want to miss the train.

Anyway, body language was interesting. It was very clear that they didn't want anybody hearing what was being spoken about. I startled them a little bit.

At the time, I remember thinking Ross has something cooking.

Absolutely convinced he was talking about the Saints gig in hindsight. Take it to the bank, he will be our coach next year.

I might be tripping but I've got Wilkie, Marshall, Gresham and McKenzie as the only winners from 2022 squad, and DMac only by virtue of that specific match up.
The specific match up is why I also chose Dmac.

I also chose Ross over Ball.

Cordy over Dawson. (Says more about how shit Zac was)

Marshall Wilkie Membrey and Gresham.

But I have a feeling the match ups impact a few to the current lot.

If Ross does come back he better win more than he loses. Because the media will delight in riding the Saints into the ground at every turn about his appointment.

The media delight in riding us in to the ground at every turn no matter what we do. Purple and co know we are excellent clickbait, Facebook is one ... never had so many bullocks "journalists" rewriting the same stuff with a different headline.

Time to take it to the man!

Its a big year for St Kilda. If Ross comes back and seems energised, with Hayes, the emergence of Owens, Windy & Nas, a higher hitrate from Max King and Jack Higgins, Steele, Crouch and Ross bossing the centre, Sinclair and Clark quarterbacking, and the whole team looking fit and firing, it couldn't be a better time to celebrate 150 years of this proud club. I hope the marketing and media crew are given the appropriate budget and are up to the task because if it's sold right, our 2023 membership could crack 70,000+ members, and if it works out with Ross that figure could just keep rising in future years.

Very difficult to understand how we didn't make the GF this year. Next year a no brainer, list is off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back