No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I totally understand those who don't want Ross. And I totally understand those who do want Ross. I don't think I entertained the thought of him coming back... until today.

Ross does make sense for our current list, too many have been given an armchair ride. I'm not sure how he'll go with only one or two A graders, but we bat deeper with the good players than we did a decade ago... it was more chalk and cheese players back then.
Agree. I think externally people sleep on our depth a bit. It was a whole of club meltdown than a depth issue this year.

I'm not sure about Ross but he is the last coach that consistently had us winning and relevant. If we could get that back I'd be grateful.
You may as well get CHER on the line to sing TURN BACK TIME....when ROSS gets them into the GF....She'll be ninety with a million knots tied up behind her ears and the geriatrics can all take their teeth out and climb on board spreading their not so lithe limbs on the biggest gun turret they can find.

Surely we don't embarrass ourselves by re engaging the past like the desperados we seem to be! :rolleyes:

e5c5141d3bc34db3c1eff3c999397749 (1).jpg

Ross is ruthless and success driven

I agree still needs to be a process however worth noting

Carlton wanted Ross to coach he pulled out.

Essendon wanted Ross telling him they will skip certain parts of the process for him. Ross pulled out
Wernt keen on Yze or Caracella hence scott

Norf wanted ross x2 before Nobel and Clarko

He is in demand its not like he can only do footy classified and work in the media
he is too good a coach to not be a senior coaching
Maybe let the man explain instead of just saying he pulled out.

We don't know if RTB's coaching style has developed.
We don't know if his man management will adapt to a new generation of players.
We don't know if his game plan has evolved.
But...he is the most successful coach available today, who we KNOW will drive high standards and will most likely get improvement out of the list.

That's more than we can say for any other potential candidate.

Not 100% onboard but if we're going to eat a sh*t sandwich we might as well order it with mustard, tom sauce and a side of fries.
We actually don’t know any of that.

How about this paragraph from zerhanger.com

As the cold light of day breaks on yet another St Kilda submission for the most dysfunctional organisation in the history of sport, fans are rightly wondering, what next? Having sacked coach Brett Ratten within four months of extending his contract, the club is reeling.
Ha ha they love us there - always have. Think a St Kilda person touched them inappropriately.

Hahaha fair enough, my bad. It rarely happens to me.

All good.

If we are going to do this. We have to do it right. This isn't a corporate job.

Head hunting for the big gig rarely if ever works.

We need to be 100% sure that the coach that comes in is the right fit. Not just because he used to be good.

Surely if a bloke isn't prepared to go through a selection process it throws up red flags immediately.

No bullshit waste of my time and money im a storm member thats enough for me. I enjoy being part of a proffesional organisation. We will start in c grade VAFA when we fold.
Just **** off then mate, literally no one gives a shit that you don't want to follow the Saints anymore. If you're looking for someone to talk you out of it, that person doesn't exist.

If you were serious you'd have walked away and said nothing instead of turning this into a you thing and looking for attention.

P.S. I'm going down to the club tomorrow to get an extra membership to cover the one you canceled so literally you won't be missed.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't know if RTB's coaching style has developed.
We don't know if his man management will adapt to a new generation of players.
We don't know if his game plan has evolved.
But...he is the most successful coach available today, who we KNOW will drive high standards and will most likely get improvement out of the list.

That's more than we can say for any other potential candidate.

Not 100% onboard but if we're going to eat a sh*t sandwich we might as well order it with mustard, tom sauce and a side of fries.
Everyone’s worries completely ignore the structure in place and the staff supporting him.

Walsh will lead and manage Ross.

Rath Lenny Enright and a to be hired forward coach will support Ross.

That is better than anything he has ever had as support.

All good.

We need to be 100% sure that the coach that comes in is the right fit. Not just because he used to be good.

Surely if a bloke isn't prepared to go through a selection process it throws up red flags immediately.
Louder for the folks up the back please x

Just * off then mate, literally no one gives a s**t that you don't want to follow the Saints anymore. If you're looking for someone to talk you out of it, that person doesn't exist.

If you were serious you'd have walked away and said nothing instead of turning this into a you thing and looking for attention.

P.S. I'm going down to the club tomorrow to get an extra membership to cover the one you canceled so literally you won't be missed.

have you thought about upgrading to the Epic ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just * off then mate, literally no one gives a s**t that you don't want to follow the Saints anymore. If you're looking for someone to talk you out of it, that person doesn't exist.

Yea i'll chip in mate, only losers walk away when the chips are down.

flag_lat.svg
LATIN
flag_eng.svg
ENGLISH
Fortius quo fideliusStrength through loyalty

Maybe let the man explain instead of just saying he pulled out.

Don't get my hopes up
He did have high standards
My personal favorites
"we are a no excuse football club"
"failure is feedback"
"anyone, anywhere anytime"
"we support the person and challenge the behaviour"
"action builds confidence"

Go saints

+1

Can’t wait for the Pies to balance out next year.

They are vulnerable to me. Changed the list up significantly, close wins that were somewhat miraculous at times. Of the top 4 teams, they look the most likely to struggle to reload. It will be interesting to see if Sydney get the GF slaughter hang over too.

All good.

They have had the report for a month

From that day until today.

There has been a process.

To Sack a coach. It means a process was undertook to understand what we wanted and needed in the next one.

You don’t get from the report to sacking Ratten without a process.

You never know what's going on for him, maybe just ignoring him is better than kicking him too. Hopefully when we are moving forward he comes back into the fold.

ok so we've failed 119 out of 120 years, good metric

edit my math bad

Think Leon Cameron is too meek to be coach of a club like St.Kilda. Your club looks it best with a strong and vocal leader - ultimately the club looked its best when you had someone like GT about.

Nathan Buckley isn't the worst option. Ross Lyon coming back sounds like it could be fairly chaotic

Think Leon Cameron is too meek to be coach of a club like St.Kilda. Your club looks it best with a strong and vocal leader - ultimately the club looked its best when you had someone like GT about.

Nathan Buckley isn't the worst option. Ross Lyon coming back sounds like it could be fairly chaotic
I don't think Buckley is the answer, look how Collingwood performed this year, really unlucky not to play Geelong.

They have had the report for a month

From that day until today.

There has been a process.

To Sack a coach. It means a process was undertook to understand what we wanted and needed in the next one.

You don’t get from the report to sacking Ratten without a process.
And you have no idea if Ross fits that criteria.

We should probably clarify we don’t even know if wants to coach at all, let alone coach us specifically.

You’re riding hard for a dude that hasn’t even declared his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back