News Swans Talk in the Media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errol Gulden on Triple M Footy 'Saturday Rub', post Geelong game:

#Respect
Tony Morwood
"One of the drivers for me moving to Sydney, is that I wanted to look back and be proud to say that my club is respected"
Tony Morwood, a member of the Sydney Swans Team of the Century, with a moving speech to the playing group in celebration of our Heritage Week.

A good article by Gemma Bastiani
I :heart: why Errol selected jumper 21
Gulden is the current custodian of the No.21 guernsey, the same number worn by Morwood, Team of the Century fullback John Heriot and premiership hero Leo Barry.
It is the latter for whom Gulden chose the number but has since developed relationships with Heriot and more recently Morwood.
"It's obviously a massive honour (to wear the No.21). Hopefully I can just do them proud. I've got a pretty good relationship now with John, and with Tony as well, but also with Leo Barry. I used to live a couple doors down from him, so that was why I picked the number,'" Gulden said.

07JUL23: Richmond vs Swans Match Reports
:(

Last edited:

Damian Barrett's Sliding Doors

IF ...​

there have been a lot of adverse issues, mainly injuries, which have been out of the Swans' control this year ...

THEN ...​

there have also been plenty which they've butchered on their own. Have thrown away many games. Port Adelaide in round four, GWS round seven, Geelong round 16, and Thursday night versus Richmond. A very disappointing season.

The last sentence above is an understatement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wednesday - Open Training
KEY TIMINGS (subject to change)
DATE:
Wednesday, July 12
8:30am:
Gates Open at SCG – Please enter via Gate A
9:00 – 9:30am: Captain's Run on SCG. Autograph and photos available throughout
Wet Weather:
Event will proceed in wet weather

Registrations not required and this is a free event.

round11.jpg

We didn't lose games this year because of umpires. In fact we won one because an umpire got involved (North interchange stuff up).

Parker ...........................1 clearance after half time.
Soft midfield.

First Crack really highlighted Parker's issues. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back