Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean frick Brisbane were holding on for dear life in the GF last season (aided by some inaccuracy from the Pies). The margin was never 2 goals+. They look outplayed, but hey they kept themselves in it and they almost won.

Even I would have taken that. Lost in the 2nd quarter instead LOL

I mean frick Brisbane were holding on for dear life in the GF last season (aided by some inaccuracy from the Pies). The margin was never 2 goals+. They look outplayed, but hey they kept themselves in it and they almost won.

Even I would have taken that. Lost in the 2nd quarter instead LOL

And there is the rub.

Can deal with a spirited loss buuuttt.... we haven't had one.

We roll over

and we were all saying pregame "don't kick it long and high against Brisbane as Harris Andrews will destroy us if we do" and yet somehow randos on bigfooty have more tactical knowledge than the Swans coach and players.
They did try the low accurate kicks in the first quarter and a bit of the second but the forward line was well covered - and the kicks were terribly inaccurate (Warner, I’m looking at you again). After that it was Under 12s kick and hope.

I come respectfully.

Honestly I don’t think anyone beats Brisbane today.

However it appeared like your team never showed up. I see it in finals with Port all the time.

I just don’t get it, how can so many players all collectively play so bad at the same time in the biggest of games?

No doubt Brisbane played well and deserved to win but based on how we played today I think any of the other 6 teams who finished inside the top 8 would have beaten us today as well, though maybe not by quite as much.

I come respectfully.

However it appeared like your team never showed up. I see it in finals with Port all the time.

I just don’t get it, how can so many players all collectively play so bad at the same time in the biggest of games?
You guys choke in PFs
We choke in GFs

One day it’ll turn around, hopefully

Tmac has regressed woefully . The guy shits the bed at every opportunity

Defence is too small

Forward line is piss weak . Amartey is just about the biggest bloke out there and refuses to crash a pack. Make a ****ing statement you soft ****.

Warners footy iq was really lacking today. Unless he’s within distance he has no idea what to do with the ball. It’s just kick as far as you can every time.

The Blakey move to the forward line infuriated me. Horse refuses to make moves and the one time he does is down by 10 goals in the last. What exactly are you trying to achieve moron

The kit we lost to the wooden spooners in?

We a cats guernsey then, anything the 150 year, solid red socks, fake moustache.

I don't know , do anything different I don't care .

I mean even today the bus was held up in traffic like 2022...

I'm just saying if we have some
mental demons in big games how do we make it different ? maybe the guernsey is dumb as ****, but yeah

No doubt Brisbane played well and deserved to win but based on how we played today I think any of the other 6 teams who finished inside the top 8 would have beaten us today as well, though maybe not by quite as much.

Yes they just didn’t turn up.

A most un-Sydney like performance (as a neutral)

The midfield group getting flogged seems a theme to these types of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just felt like we never embraced the grind. Even in the 1st quarter, we seemed to be applying little pressure, very open and trying risky kicks. As though we were going to beat them with our ball movement and run.

Our forward line had 3 talls, plus Parker and Fox. With hindsight maybe we needed some small half forwards who can run, pressure and swamp the midfield. Like adding Cleary, Adams and Campbell to the forward line.
Yeah, I don’t get how you play 3 talls, Haywood, Parker and Fox as forwards. Way too tall and slow.

I come respectfully.

While I agree that Brisbane were extremely good today, I said last night that our best, or close to best will beat anyone and I stick to that. However, we were disgustingly appalling and so your question at the end is the pertinent point - and something that all of us are wrestling with at the moment.

We a cats guernsey then, anything the 150 year, solid red socks, fake moustache.

I don't know , do anything different I don't care .

I mean even today the bus was held up in traffic like 2022...

I'm just saying if we have some
mental demons in big games how do we make it different ? maybe the guernsey is dumb as ****, but yeah
I would suggest we probably try the ‘make 100+ tackles in a grand final’ thing like 2012 instead of The 45 we had today

I forgot to clip 21.

Yells at team mates wants the easy ball, is young and a star but heck me you aren't getting 30 easy cheapies in a granny. Stand up and stop barking at everyone else like they are the problem .

Not just the top teams. That was a bottom 4 performance.

While I agree that Brisbane were extremely good today, I said last night that our best, or close to best will beat anyone and I stick to that. However, we were disgustingly appalling and so your question at the end is the pertinent point - and something that all of us are wrestling with at the moment.

And of course we’ve seen it time after time after time with Hinkley and he’s never had a solution.

I can understand first hand why the supporters have serious concerns with Horse.

It comes down to the big stage it’s not the EPL.

That was a disheartening loss
After 4 straight grand final losses and in 3 of those we were absolutely smashed
Watching today I felt like no lessons had been learnt from the big game losses of the past
Clearly we keep getting it wrong for the Biggest game of the year
We don't show up in the correct mindset to play
The matchups from our side are wrong
We only have one or two players play a good + game
We take an injured player into the game
What didn't work in the past Big game we try again and it fails again
It has been amazing to watch Sydney competing in finals for the last 20 years or so, but at 4 grand final losses in a row you have to question if its quality or quantity we want

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back