Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

But we said that after 2014. And 2016. And 2022.
It's true, but it's all we have left. I'm flat too, but there's not much more we can do but back the club and our exceedingly talented list in.

Horse is like Hinkley except he makes grand finals. Like port Adelaide fans tho I think y'all are not happy just being around the mark. Winning premierships is the only metric in the game that means anything.

The only metric is winning.

You can go undefeated throught the season, but if you lose a GF, who cares

Nah for Horse's faults, he hasn't facilitated the awful culture Goodwin has at the Dees. That is far more destructive than a Grand Final loss.
Though they did 1 recently, maybe with a stronger board and some lessons learned he may be better a second time around. Besides i could live with another title and some years in the wilderness.

Oh and Pridham has to go, no Chair should every say the coach has a job as long as he wants it. Idiotic. They are right when they say the fish rots from the head!

We knew how they would approach the game and were OK for the first 20 mins but after that OMG we were awful. Skill and pressure let us down badly. Big name players failed to fire. We really need to understand why in order to change things in the future.
Us fans getting angry solves nothing but the players and coaches is another matter. Something needs to drive change.
Good luck to the Lions, they came to win, we didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We knew how they would approach the game and were OK for the first 20 mins but after that OMG we were awful. Skill and pressure let us down badly. Big name players failed to fire. We really need to understand why in order to change things in the future.
Us fans getting angry solves nothing but the players and coaches is another matter. Something needs to drive change.
Good luck to the Lions, they came to win, we didn't.
We have a disjointed as f**k forward like that relies solely on the midfield to win the ball and get involved with 3 qtrs of all goals. When Heeney Chad and Errol combine for nothing we fall to shit. Thats why we needed Adams in their over another flanker to try something different

I should have been more worried about comments from Florent, Gulden, Haywood etc earlier in the week when asked about lessons from 22GF, all they were mentioned was saying no to friends for gf tickets, enjoy the week more. Not one mentioned being switched on, being more physical, beating my man etc Did we learn anything from 22 GF ??

Game was over when Rampe had a chance to lay a big hit on Raynor who was running back with the flight. Instead he meekly steps aside and reaches out to try and hold him up.

Luke Hodge would have spoiled the campaigner into the top tier. Dangerfield would have crushed the campaigners ribs into dust.

Rampe steps aside and Raynor sets up a goal.

It's true, but it's all we have left. I'm flat too, but there's not much more we can do but back the club and our exceedingly talented list in.

It’s not a talented list.

We have a poor and unbalanced forward line and a really poor centre and contested work team

We need pressure to create turnovers. Don’t get it we are ordinary. When under pressure in the second and needing a clearance we couldn’t touch it couldn’t defend and then hack kicked it to an out numbered forward line.

Scott said losing in the prelim is the price you pay for trying ... or something like that.

Seriously, I would rather be Freo and never win anything than have to sit through that every few years.

It’s simply soul destroying to turn up and watch you team be bullied over and over.

I think that Collingwood, Essendon and Fremantle would have made better efforts

Another Grand Final, another chaotic performance.

Real risk now this group of players will be broken. 2 performances like that when it matters over 3 years is just awful.

We have no midfield leader that gets tough and going when the going gets tough. Rowy tries his heart out, but our headline three were abysmal when it mattered today.

How I would of loved a Jude Bolton, Brett Kirk of similar that, in the 2nd quarter when it started to go to **** to say 'no more' and find a way to just stop momentum.

We are weak as butter when we can't play the game on our terms.

Brisbane were outstanding but we were so incredibly poor.

Yet I fear nothing will change that needs to change.

What could have truly been a golden era for our club over the past 15 years risks petering out to a period of complete disappointment when it actually matters.

The heroes of 2005 and 2012 were truly outstanding and truly reflected a bloods culture. That period of culture may now be officially dead I fear.

We are now regular chokers yet again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back