Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted about that, really am.

But we will load up and try to go again.

We have a good list for the future, not exactly going to drop away heavily.

This one hurts, it really does. But we have everything there to get us to that stage unlike so many other clubs.

We have some serious list weaknesses. None of our KPP are elite, arguably not even above average. Ruck forwards are a rare breed but ours has gone backwards.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

It seems like it was just one of those days for Brisbane and one of those bad days for you guys. From the ball bounce, to disposals and tackles, unlucky guys, I feel for the players, coach and supporters

is worth noting that we really did have some unlucky bounces.
but good teams make their own luck. We aren’t a good team

Last edited:
It’s not a talented list.

We have a poor and unbalanced forward line and a really poor centre and contested work team

We need pressure to create turnovers. Don’t get it we are ordinary. When under pressure in the second and needing a clearance we couldn’t touch it couldn’t defend and then hack kicked it to an out numbered forward line.
Nah, this is reactionary IMO. We have a very talented list that is prone to shitting the bed on the big day.

We were the best team in it for most of this year, just not when it mattered.

We have structural and mental issues, but our list is one of the most talented lists we've ever had.

Would you rather make Grand Finals and lose them or not make a Grand Final in the first place?

I honestly don't know how to answer this one right now.
Whats the point making it if you are going to dish up that sort of tripe on a regular basis.

History rarely remembers the other team in a grand final.

Honestly, there’s a dozen PhDs in this. People saying we are mentally weak. I’d say you can’t repeatedly make AFL grand finals if you’re mentally weak.

And yet whenever we get there, we fall to bits. I just don’t understand.

Sounds like we are mentally weak in specific situations...

Would you rather make Grand Finals and lose them or not make a Grand Final in the first place?

I honestly don't know how to answer this one right now.
There was a part of me that wish we wouldn’t make the GF because of these sorts of performances which is so sad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The saddest part is the humiliation.

If we showed up and battled hard and got beaten, then you'd cop it.

I don't really understand why we keep embarrassing ourselves like this when it really matters.

We hung in there for about 20 minutes, but it was basically over almost straight away just like 2022. Even if the scoreboard said otherwise.

Last edited:
45 tackles in a GF...wow. Just a complete shit the bed really, can't just leave it to Rowbottom all the time, others need to get their hands dirty at times....and all week they were talking about how being tougher was a learning from 22.
A few looked nervous in the ****ing anthem.............again!

McCartin looks all at sea at times. He's not a No. 1 defender and when you're main pillar is at sea what hope do you have. We need a stronger defence above all else. At least 1 good reliable KD to sure the thing up.
There's times we are just incapable of absorbing opposition momentum at all, it's partly on the midfield at times but there's times defenders need to do their own jobs and **** me defenders were 10m of their men all day. When that defence falls apart....**** me does it fall apart, just gives opponents goals.

Commiserations. I thought the way Rampe spoke - in the most difficult of circumstances - brought great credit to him and your club. I hope he can get on the right side of the ledger in the years to come.
It was classy, but the self-congratulatory wank he ended the speech on left a sour note in my mouth. In 2022 sure we were a young team that got overwhelmed by the occasion, but after not showing up to a GF for the 2nd time in 3 years and 3rd in 11, there shouldn't be much room for patting ourselves on the back.

Horse is like Hinkley except he makes grand finals. Like port Adelaide fans tho I think y'all are not happy just being around the mark. Winning premierships is the only metric in the game that means anything.

Losing several grand finals is pretty significant, too

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Nah, this is reactionary IMO. We have a very talented list that is prone to shitting the bed on the big day.

We were the best team in it for most of this year, just not when it mattered.

We have structural and mental issues, but our list is one of the most talented lists we've ever had.
Nah, our list of players across every line was not as good as lions (tbh)

I’m not renewing my membership next year, this coaching staff and players can’t be trusted, we waste our hard earned, to watch our team once again not show up on the most important game of the year. We play GF’s to win them, not just hand the cup to our opponents. Until the coaching staff and mentally weak players are no longer at the club, I’m done, I will support from afar and that is it. Do not deserve my financial support anymore.

Nah, our list of players across every line was not as good as lions (tbh)
Yeah, hence why I said we weren't the best team in it when we mattered. A lot of the Lions had monster second halves of the season and they deserve this flag. The Lions have a freakishly good list and when you consider the names they have to come back and the belief this finals series would have fosted, I think they should be comfortable flag favourites next year. Good on them.

But we did spend the majority of this year as rightful flag favourites. Suggesting otherwise is (recent) history revisionism IMO.

Commiserations. I thought the way Rampe spoke - in the most difficult of circumstances - brought great credit to him and your club. I hope he can get on the right side of the ledger in the years to come.
The way Rampe spoke was great in the circumstances. Ohhhhh I feel so much better now. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Honestly, there’s a dozen PhDs in this. People saying we are mentally weak. I’d say you can’t repeatedly make AFL grand finals if you’re mentally weak.

And yet whenever we get there, we fall to bits. I just don’t understand.
We're soft. We'd rather play nicely and lose than have a ****in hard crack.

Hawks won by playing hard. Dogs won by diving at every ground ball regardless of the rules or who's legs were taken out. Look at Dangerfields first quarter in 22.
Dunkley in a 3v1 dives onto the pill, rolls over it and chucks it out the back to a team mate.

Who around the contest actually tried to crack in and get the ****in pill? Maybe Rowwy once or twice in the first quarter but that was it

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back