Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Its mind boggling how we couldnt of managed him better when we were almost 5 games clear on top.
Didn't he do it just before Finals? He was rested on the last round so I suspect he might have done it the week before. The fact Heeney played two blinders in the Finals shows how much of a good player he is.

I've tried to calm down before responding. But I can't. I'm still angry. That performance was insipid. We have cattle, but it starts at the top. You can spin how you want, but 4 GFs in a row at an average of 56 points loss is enough. The club needs a refresh of a lot of things, including coaching and the culture. Horse is done. He's proven he's not much better than Hinkley or Lyons. I'm done with him

For one shining moment in this game... I dared to dream. We'd kicked the first two, someone kicked it high over their shoulder to go inside 50...Papley was lurking....I thought to myself if it lands in his arms and we get another here we might run away with it...Alas it came down 5 meters away from him and into the arms of a Lion.

as always the fish rots from the head down, what sort of Chairman promises a coach a job for life if he wants it?

The Chairman can take Longmire with him and p*** off.

Take the rest of the coaching panel with you.

I don’t care who we get or whether we slide down the table I want a team with steel, a team to be proud of, a team that will compete!

If we lost the GF’s by 10 points after a rollicking contest you could be proud except that deal up that rubbish.

And the captain I’m proud of the boys, what a joke, sure don’t roast them publically but to be proud of that garbage.

Let me ask would any of our greats Jude Bolton, etc etc ever allow such a dismal display? No they would fight to the death and go down swinging.

You could see in the presser Longmire has no clue. He has wasted this list and it will take another rebuild before we can even get within a sniff of it.

One thing they consistently hurts us is lack of athleticism in the forward line . McLean ,amartey , McDonald and Papley have 0 leap and athleticism between them . The only one that does is Hayward. Lions forward entries weren’t all great but they have high flyers who can at least compete and even mark the ball. Even their smalls in Lohman and ah Chee can get up .

Our players just have concrete boots

Swans lost it psychologically.
It was clearly evident within the first 10 minutes. Hack kicks into the forward line with no smooth, calm ball movement. There was an absence of physically.
It was weak, timid an looked unprepared. Players were panicking. There was no leadership.
The Swans gave up.
They didn’t attempt to fight back.
Repeat humiliation in Grand Finals is club destroying.
They will not be playing finals in 2025.
Hope you’re right & we are both fighting for pick one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back