Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With every negative in life I always try and see a positive. As bad as it sounds, this could be just we needed. We have had to play many fringe players that were on our list or rookie list when we copped our suspensions. The coaches can now see who needs to be traded, moved on, or signed on.

Hams
Gwilt
Kommer
Dempsey
Edwards
Ashby
Ambrose ( NEVER BEEN AFL STANDARD!!!!!! )
McKenna

All need to be delisted.

I'd trade or offer up for trade.

Gleeson
Jackson Merret
Howlett

If we cant find a trade or package a deal up, delist.

Tipungwuti has been a gem, no doubt without this whole saga he would not of gotten the exposer he has.

Keep James Kelly if he wants to stay and keep Matty Dea.

This season has been so difficult to watch, I won't lie I am hating every minute of it and cannot wait until its over. I hope the mental scars of this season are not an issue next year. I don't think they will be, but you never know.

Forward setup needs to stay how it was last night, just with different pieces next year. The better forwardlines this year go something like:
Darling Lycett Lecras
Hill Kennedy Cripps

Lynch Walker McGovern
Betts Jenkins Cameron

Higgins Brown Harvey
Petrie Waite Thomas

So those forwardlines are generally quite tall, but their smalls are all quite quick.

3rd KPF gen-fwd
fp KPF fp

There's heaps of variations on how we could lineup similarly, but I actually think (providing we hold on to Hurley which we're expecting to) we've got the majority of the pieces we need already. They're just young.

I'd like to see this given a chance next year:
Langford Daniher Brown
Eades Hooker Fantasia

Fantasia will get midfield minutes rotating with someone like Colyer, but this year I genuinely think that when he's been given a chance to see the ball in the forwardline he's been one of our most dangerous forwards.

Laverde to come off the bench to play fwd/mid. Redman may also start showing a bit next year, while Mckenna will also be in contention for a fp spot.

Bellcho could play deep forward, but given his last couple of injury-ravaged years, I think it'd be smart to keep a lid on it.

Last edited:
Hi all, here is my attempt at listing our best 22 for 2017. Looks impressive to me :) Thoughts? Opinions?

B Baguley Hooker Dea

HB Hibberd Hartley Tippa

C Zaharakis Stanton Heppell

HF Goddard Hurley Colyer

F Brown Daniher Fantasia

Foll. T. Bell Watson Z. Merrett

INT Parish Myers Langford Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, here is my attempt at listing our best 22 for 2017. Looks impressive to me :) Thoughts? Opinions?

B Baguley Hooker Dea

HB Hibberd Hartley Tippa

HF Goddard Hurley Colyer

F Brown Daniher Fantasia

Hurley forward, what a great idea!

B Baguley Hooker Dea

HB Hibberd Hartley Tippa

HF Goddard Hurley Colyer

F Brown Daniher Fantasia

Decent effort. Leuenberger missing though?

Decent effort. Leuenberger missing though?

Hardest decision was Leuenberger/T. Bell. Could easily be flipped and under the roof or in dry conditions we can consider playing them both.

Hurley forward, what a great idea!

While Hartley is honest, CHB/CHF is a definite need. If we had another genuine option at CHF, we could swing Hurley to CHB but...

Hardest decision was Leuenberger/T. Bell. Could easily be flipped and under the roof or in dry conditions we can consider playing them both.

While Hartley is honest, CHB/CHF is a definite need. If we had another genuine option at CHF, we could swing Hurley to CHB but...
Leuenberger is 100% better. As far as your CHF, Daniher plays his best as a CHF, as is Brown. Stick Hurley into defence, Bellchambers to FF, take Kelly out of the side and add Leuenberger into the ruck.

Pears, Ambrose, Ashby, Gwilt, Edwards, Kommer have retire/delist next to them.

I might be drunk but that's 6.
Hams, Hibberd, Howlett, McKernan, Dempsey, Cooney are all on my list in one form or another. 8-12. But have another drink for me.

Hams, Hibberd, Howlett, McKernan, Dempsey, Cooney are all on my list in one form or another. 8-12. But have another drink for me.
Do they have retire/delist next to them?

No.

You concede they have trade value or could stay.

Kelvin had 11 as gone. No trade, no potential. Gone.

That is the difference.

Argue as much as you want but I'm done.

Do they have retire/delist next to them?

No.

You concede they have trade value or could stay.

Kelvin had 11 as gone. No trade, no potential. Gone.

That is the difference.

Argue as much as you want but I'm done.
Kelvin and I both have delist against Hams, by your count that counts as 1 for Kelvin's delistings, but 0 for my list.
Kelvin has Cooney as delist, but maybe gets 1 more year. That counts as 1 by your count of Kevin's delistings. I have both Dempsey and Cooney as retire, but maybe gets 1 more year. That counts as 0 by your count of my delistings.
You have a clear bias showing.
Long, Stanton and Dea are the only real differences in our lists. I don't agree with him, but his opinion is not unreasonable and is entitled to express them on an opinion site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back