MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

...It's doing a disservice to both the club, and the community of relevant experts, to imply that both are useless simply because they didn't come to the same conclusion as the Bigfooty thinktank. If it was as simple as listening to us, the club would stop making decisions altogether and just read our threads whenever a decision needed to be made :p

But then the club would never make a decision because the people on here never agree on anything (LOL.

Sorry Cap, it was about 5 minutes into the second quarter on McLean.
Found it on the AFL smart replay at 5:41 minutes. While it had the elements of a sling tackle, it looked like a "turn the player to the ground" so no momentum of the head. Don't think it will be a problem for Sidebottom.

For those who haven't seen it, Frawley went for the ball and White charged at his head. If Tex gets 3 for that tackle than White should get 4 at least like Wellingham last night. If they both get off or only get 1-2 weeks, then we should complain. Nothing short of Vic bias if that's the case.

Sidebottom sling tackle in the second quarter - umpire paid carlton player free kick for a dangerous tackle -- does this automatically get reviewed by MRP due to free kick being paid?

IMO it will definitely be reviewed because there was a definite slinging action in the tackle. However, unlike Tex, he never lifted his opponent off the ground which will probably save him (plus he wears black and white and plays in Victoria and Eddie McGuire is his President)

What absolute crap. Sidebottom, not enough force. Wellingham, 5 games down to 3. So you can clean someone up, fracture their jaw and you get back on the park before the injured player. Classified as reckless, not intentional. So you don't have your eyes on the ball once, you jump at the player and that's not intentional? This system is a shambles.

On other news, Jeremy Cameron can take a reprimand and good news Bartel gets 2 games.

fairly obvious that would happen

AFL knows that Collingwood would bleat so they get it down as far as possible. So Broken Jaw = no injury.

I'm not sure whats more pathetic, the AFL or the AFC administration

The MRP classified it as severe impact - the highest category. If there's any room to quibble with the MRP's finding re Wellingham, it's the classification of reckless, rather than intentional. But other than that, it was in the top bracket all round.

before people get high and mighty about 5 going down to 3, don't forget that wellingham had a clean record which can significantly reduce the actual punishment. tex did not have this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the guilty plea in this case will get a nice fat discount for him. I'd prefer that a good record doesn't get you any discount for anything above a level 4 offence.

This. Causing injury to another player where the offence is classed as Level 4 or above and intentional should not attract a discount for a good record. Intentional is intentional. Another flaw in the system. Come to think of it should any offences classed as intentional attract a discount for good record. Food for thought...

Not sure I see the issue with Wellingham's suspension. Walker's tackle incurred a three week penalty, Wellingham's a five week penalty.

The issue is in Walker accruing points for the slide-in tackle that should never have been given to him. Take that away and Walker would have walked away with a two week suspension instead of three.

Yeah those points for the slide tackle should have been expunged especially after the AFL came out and said sorry we got it wrong !

What absolute crap. Sidebottom, not enough force. Wellingham, 5 games down to 3. So you can clean someone up, fracture their jaw and you get back on the park before the injured player. Classified as reckless, not intentional. So you don't have your eyes on the ball once, you jump at the player and that's not intentional? This system is a shambles.

On other news, Jeremy Cameron can take a reprimand and good news Bartel gets 2 games.

We play Geelong in 3 weeks if thats what you're getting at !

Luke Shuey got 2 for WC so he wont be in against us, has been very good for them this year ! Q Ball only got 1 week

Morris played on the weekend, got 81 DT points...What about simpson? will he play, if not when will he be fit?

You watch wellingham, he was only going to do 1 thing, made no attempt for the ball. Walker got paid HTB....

RIDICULOUS!

Wellingham was clearly intentional - you dont jump from the ground to make an effective tackle now do you - only one reason he jumped and that was to flatten him.
I wonder should there be an appeals process the other way ? i.e. maybe the AFL can appeal or Carlton (that might cause issues) or AFLPA (that again causes issues), I dont have an answer, but under criminal law if a sentence appears to lenient I think the Government can appeal it.

Wellingham was clearly intentional - you dont jump from the ground to make an effective tackle now do you - only one reason he jumped and that was to flatten him.
I wonder should there be an appeals process the other way ? i.e. maybe the AFL can appeal or Carlton (that might cause issues) or AFLPA (that again causes issues), I dont have an answer, but under criminal law if a sentence appears to lenient I think the Government can appeal it.

Agree entirely but the problem is its not criminal... maybe it should be! LOL!!!

Wellingham got 5 weeks which I think is appropriate. It only comes down to three because of the good record and early plea.

Saw a couple of tackles in the showdown almost identical to Tex's. The tackler holding from behind before throwing themselves and the tacklee onto their backs. The only difference is that Tex's man got flipped to vertical. I'm not sure how he was supposed to have done that from how he was holding him. It definitely cam down to the movement of the person being tackled.

We play Geelong in 3 weeks if thats what you're getting at !

Luke Shuey got 2 for WC so he wont be in against us, has been very good for them this year ! Q Ball only got 1 week

Ah yeh, my rage meant I got it the wrong way around

Any penalty that had it classified as reckless not intentional is wrong, there is nothing appropriate about that

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back