The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are these external reviewers going to cop that. Would it not diminish their own values if they were seen to be complicit in a bogus review. Here’s to hoping.
The review is genuine, but it's mearly a PR exercise from Chapman's POV after Roo put his foot in his mouth with the "go support another club" line. Now they can spruik "Hey, we did a review, we acted on it, Pyke is gone, players moved on, what more do you want?" knowing full well what they were never going to action anything from it that didn't match up with their own findings, which have continually said what a great job management is doing and every decision they make is the best one.

Would exiting players be tight-lipped? Why help a club that's soon to be your opposition

Or would they tee off not worrying about who they fire shots at?

I'd tee off, but that's me.

Since Danny Frawley death, has Jason Dunstall even been back in Adelaide or at the club?

Ha he even re-started the review process?

This could still be on hold.

If you are really bored like I am this afternoon try googling "Adelaide Crows Strategic Plan" and see what hits you get. I've been trying to understand how the executive themselves are measured and keep coming up donuts. In contrast, I googled the same for Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton and Geelong (I stopped after that since I wasn't THAT bored) and came up with all sorts of well messaged briefs primarily focused on 1) on field success and 2) fan involvement. Richmond's mission statement even includes the words "bring back premierships to Punt Road".

I see nothing similar for the Crows...best I can find is the club Constitution with the closest resemblance to anything related to on field success being in their Constitutional Objectives which says (under objectives and powers):

"To co-operate with and otherwise assist the AFL (including its successors and/or any other body having similar objects) with a view to conducting the Licensed Operations and developing and growing the game of Australian Football"

So the Board's objective is to promote the game, not win premierships then? I guess competing in a competition where the governing body of that same competition also controls your own governance board would be a conflict of interest to the rest of the competition if it said instead "to beat the living daylights out of all comers and win lots of silverware" would be perceived as a conflict of interest for the AFL.

So we can't blame the board for one bit of what is going on...they are meeting the objectives of their constitution...AFL KPIs are being met, Adelaide Oval is full, we pay our bills, TV ratings are fine. Nothing to see here.

Until the can not come soon enough time for the AFC members to own it's own board then nothing is really ever going to change. We are first and foremost good AFL corporate citizens, premiership success is not even mentioned.

Since Danny Frawley death, has Jason Dunstall even been back in Adelaide or at the club?

Ha he even re-started the review process?

This could still be on hold.

He has, it was mentioned by Fagan that he was there the next day or something like that.

I think as much as we think everyone stops everything for a long time, the reality is with death most people take a couple of days off at most and get back into things.

He has also been on the Fox Footy coverage throughout the finals.

How long before this review is done? Seems like 5 weeks is done to me.
It would be done, just depends whether presented to the board and if so will likely be released after the B&F, I’m guessing Tuesday as Mondays a holiday

I meant in the review

Would they be more/less candid than other players

It's pretty difficult not to feel some guilt when there's a review and you're brutally honest about people you've worked with. I'd be more inclined not to be as brutally honest if I was leaving because you burn bridges with nothing to gain. If you're staying you want the changes to occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kym Dillon has said the review is complete and being perused.

Basically said Burton and Compo gone.

That would be an absolute disaster. With that many years of experience and success leaving our club we will become a complete shambles. Hopefully the rumours of Neil Craig coming back are true.

That would be an absolute disaster. With that many years of experience and success leaving our club we will become a complete shambles. Hopefully the rumours of Neil Craig coming back are true.
I was starting to get worried and then my meter saved me

tenor-com-simpsons-sarcasm-detector-e-gif.700876

You want him to rush it?
You don’t think they’ve known during the course of the review what the issues are?

We are about to enter the trade period without:

A coach
A disgraced footy ops manager
A club in turmoil

So yeah, this needs to be finalised before the trade period is over and the sooner the better.

You don’t think they’ve known during the course of the review what the issues are?

We are about to enter the trade period without:

A coach
A disgraced footy ops manager
A club in turmoil

So yeah, this needs to be finalised before the trade period is over and the sooner the better.
I know people see him as a boys club person.

But Reid in combo with Ogilivy give me far more confidence than rushing in a replacement for Burton.

If the rumours are correct we have a coach Tuesday, the sackings can happen in due course.

Gotta say I hate mission statements as a concept and actually happy we don't have one.

A strategic plan however... They are handy.

Mission statements provide the foundation of strategic plans. If you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve, then your strategic plan isn’t particularly strategic.

I know people see him as a boys club person.

But Reid in combo with Ogilivy give me far more confidence than rushing in a replacement for Burton.

If the rumours are correct we have a coach Tuesday, the sackings can happen in due course.
What rumours?

This is about telling the AFL community, prospective recruits and our own people are back on track.

Chapman originally said this will be done by the end of the month, he couldn’t even get close with his timing.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back