The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brief intrusion
It’s probably already been mentioned but I’m not going to trawl back through the whole thread to confirm.
Jason Dunstall as been interviewing the playing list as part of your review.
Confirmed to me by a current player.
I believe this is a good thing.
Bye

So extending Mackay before the free agency vultures circle was a Dunstall call?

None. There's empirical evidence that there's a problem at the football club. Considering the football department don't report to themselves I'd have preferred 100% of the club was reviewed. If it was found there is nothing wrong with management, so be it, but I don't think they're isolated, and I don't think it should have been skipped.

Regardless of that, I think this whole dialogue is probably facetious and pointless.

Of course it is. But what gives you the right to demand empirical evidence to support other poster’s views on the coaching group when you can have a crack at management when the only empirical evidence suggests the opposite, ie real financial performance. Your high headedness reminds me of our board. You can have a crack at everyone else, but you’re right when you have a crack at the only perceivable performing department of the club. You may be brilliant in many ways, but you’re also a massive hypocrite.

Mission statements provide the foundation of strategic plans. If you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve, then your strategic plan isn’t particularly strategic.
I dislike them as a significant amount of effort goes into their development and people think they are important.

They are essentially statements of the obvious that are seen as an end point. People were annoyed we don't have one. If we did would that have made the year a pass?

Win football. Mission statement. Statement of effing obvious.

Develop a plan that achieves that. Strategic plan. Needs far more work and effort.

What rumours?

This is about telling the AFL community, prospective recruits and our own people are back on track.

Chapman originally said this will be done by the end of the month, he couldn’t even get close with his timing.

Yes, i remember his comments where he hoped it would be finalised quickly since Pyke had quit.

Strangely enough it didn't .

In regards to the rumours, I've heard Tom Rehn and Rowie suggest tuesday is the day.

Someone has to...or we can miss out on the first week or trade week until we find a coach
I think most of the trades (outwards) currently in train are fairly straight forward if the club has decided on a medium term "rebuild" rather than one as short as possible.

Players like Keath/Greenie are likely to only be of help for a season or two when we get back up in a few years' time - better to "encourage" them to leave and cash in for as much draft stock for players who might help the club for a decade or more.

Also get as much back as possible for players who have become untenable to stay (JJ) or near retirement (Sauce). These change decisions don't really need a coach's input if the club has decided on the overall future strategy.

So extending Mackay before the free agency vultures circle was a Dunstall call?

The timing of the Mackay renewal is just mind boggling. It is almost flipping the bird at the entire fan base. Deep in a review with outcomes pending, and coachless !! It reeks of business as usual and disregard for the review. Did they think that announcing the Mackay deal was necessary to. Counter the negatives of all the other players leaving ?Why is this club so difficult to understand ? WTF

Wow, this thread started on the 25th of August, does that mean this review has been going for almost 6 full weeks now?

I like that it appears to be thorough, but it’s getting a little long on the tooth for me now!

The timing of the Mackay renewal is just mind boggling. It is almost flipping the bird at the entire fan base. Deep in a review with outcomes pending, and coachless !! It reeks of business as usual and disregard for the review. Did they think that announcing the Mackay deal was necessary to. Counter the negatives of all the other players leaving ?Why is this club so difficult to understand ? WTF
I wonder if the Mackay new deal was actually just a trigger clause for getting top 10 in BnF?
Would explain why it was able to be done so early, cause it didn’t need anyone’s sign off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the Mackay new deal was actually just a trigger clause for getting top 10 in BnF?
Would explain why it was able to be done so early, cause it didn’t need anyone’s sign off.
Stupid clause if true. So easily manipulated by clubs and for fringe players more dependent on injuries to others than ability.

Also I'd have expected the announcement after the b&f.

I think most of the trades (outwards) currently in train are fairly straight forward if the club has decided on a medium term "rebuild" rather than one as short as possible.

Players like Keath/Greenie are likely to only be of help for a season or two when we get back up in a few years' time - better to "encourage" them to leave and cash in for as much draft stock for players who might help the club for a decade or more.

Also get as much back as possible for players who have become untenable to stay (JJ) or near retirement (Sauce). These change decisions don't really need a coach's input if the club has decided on the overall future strategy.

Yes I think this has been the plan for quite some time. On the crow cat they reported at about round 17 or earlier that they had intel’s that the club was deliberately low balling guys like Keath and Greenwood and that decisions had been taken to rebuild with a number of players to leave.
It is easy to feel anxious with no coach, review not finalised and trade week looming - but the more I think about it, it does feel we are continuing on a course which the club had deliberately begun before the sh#t had hit the proverbial fans.
And I haven’t heard of one move yet that will harm the club in the long term.
The club has been criticised rightly but I think this medium rebuild strategy has been the right call.
I also think the timing is good. I have a fair bit of hope in the talents of our last drafting/ trading periods. Sholl, Stengle, Butts, McHenry, Jones and even McAdam look good. Davis and Galucci have some promise too. Fog a future star. ROB has a good future ahead.
Edit- Hammill also looking good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kym Dillon has said the review is complete and being perused.

Basically said Burton and Compo gone.

Pretty sure most supporters/members could have told the club that those 2 should have been gone 18 months ago.

Sadly we needed to mess up 2 full seasons and still need an “external review” for our executive to realise that...

I think most of us would rather he wasn’t the one doing it in the first place.

I don’t doubt his heart is in the right place, unfortunately whilst I’m sure he’s a good banker, a good football administrator he is not, sadly he has no insight into this.
He's not really doing the review though is he

Mission statements provide the foundation of strategic plans. If you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve, then your strategic plan isn’t particularly strategic.
Mission Statements are generally airy fairy, feelgood corporate nonsense, popularised in an era where companies were paid for training and personal development. Strategic plans generally follow a goal or set of goals and are far more focussed and meaningful (in my opinion).

Wow, this thread started on the 25th of August, does that mean this review has been going for almost 6 full weeks now?

I like that it appears to be thorough, but it’s getting a little long on the tooth for me now!
People were complaining that it was sham because it was only going to take two weeks. Now it's going too long? Far out!

I think most of us would rather he wasn’t the one doing it in the first place.

I don’t doubt his heart is in the right place, unfortunately whilst I’m sure he’s a good banker, a good football administrator he is not, sadly he has no insight into this.
He's not actually doing the review you know?

Mission Statements are generally airy fairy, feelgood corporate nonsense, popularised in an era where companies were paid for training and personal development. Strategic plans generally follow a goal or set of goals and are far more focussed and meaningful (in my opinion).
You can easily derive a mission statement from a strategic plan.

People were complaining that it was sham because it was only going to take two weeks. Now it's going too long? Far out!
Huge difference between a 2 week sham review, and going so long that you miss the key dates to have an operational football department. Like I said I’m happy it appears to be thorough, but also I think we are allowed to be more then a little concerned that absolutely no action has been executed on the eve of the trade period.

I mean what’s our sales pitch right now?

“Hey come to the Crows, we have no coach, our entire football department is under review and everyone you meet with may well be fired before you sign your contract”

I have to say, I’ve heard better!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back