Team Mgmt. The Ruck Dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Thurlow just isnt ready - he wasnt drafted to be used 2 weeks In Im pretty sure.

Its about more than just him though - perhaps if we played a Mummy or Sandi this week things would be different - but the writing has been on the wall for weeks and weeks if you listen to Bomber.

he does not rate rucks who dont do anything else - until Thurlow has the tank and experience to do more than just compete in ruck contests we will have to be on our bare bones for Bomber to use him. Carlisle and Daniher obviously fit Bomber's style more so than Thurlow, at this point in time.

What does it say about the long term viability of the structure we want to play in 2014 if we are too scared to play Thurlow?

I think it speaks more to the fact that we found it so bloody hard to make room in the team for Melksham and Winderlich, two of our best fifteen players.

I'm thinking drafting Thurlow is a mistake if we don't play him

He's a 20 year old ruckman who's been playing in a second rate league. It's not unreasonable to think we've drafted him as cover for 5-6 years, not 12 months, and he isn't ready to jump from the NEAFL to the AFL just yet.

he does not rate rucks who dont do anything else - until Thurlow has the tank and experience to do more than just compete in ruck contests we will have to be on our bare bones for Bomber to use him. Carlisle and Daniher obviously fit Bomber's style more so than Thurlow, at this point in time.
Somewhere Mark blake just pumped out his chest a little, and he doesn't know why.

I'm thinking drafting Thurlow is a mistake if we don't play him

I said at the time they should have considered Jolly, he would have cost them nothing and I am sure he would have been able manage a game here and there as well as teach the young guys like Thurlow along the way.

I said at the time they should have considered Jolly, he would have cost them nothing and I am sure he would have been able manage a game here and there as well as teach the young guys like Thurlow along the way.

Jolly is a thundermoo of the highest order. Like Lindsay Thomas, I don't care how good a footballer he is, he's a sydstain and I don't want him anywhere near my club.

Remind you of a stocky little bald fella at all?
Not at all. Chappy was still playing great footy, and was released to gift unwarranted games to young players who couldn't make the side ahead of him. Knights development 101. His club offered him a deal to go on, of sorts.

Jolly was spudding it up and pushed out by the also past it hudson. He was dumped cold by his club.

Not at all. Chappy was still playing great footy, and was released to gift unwarranted games to young players who couldn't make the side ahead of him. Knights development 101. His club offered him a deal to go on, of sorts.

Jolly was spudding it up and pushed out by the also past it hudson. He was dumped cold by his club.

Oh well I guess it doesn't matter anyway in the end, we didn't get him and the bloke we did get isn't getting a game either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention Chappy's injury record before last year was actually quite good. Jolly has had knee issues for years now. That and being a selfish flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back