Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv had some correspondence with Peter Gordon over the weekend via email. Seems he is getting a lot of negative feedback.

How did you contact him cleveland?

I actually have some useful info for him, rather than general bellyaching and pointing out to him that we are losing. But I'm having trouble getting a reply from him.

Iv had some correspondence with Peter Gordon over the weekend via email. Seems he is getting a lot of negative feedback.
no way, negative feedback! That surprises me

Surely there's a club email he can be reached at, rather than flooding his work email?
He almost certainly has all his e-mail redirecting to the same place and from dealing with executives that place is his EA. I don't think it is a problem which you send it to.

Please don't pester Gordon with demands for sacking the coach. Sacking McCartney is not going to produce any change to our on-field fortunes. We simply Do. Not. Have. Enough. Good. Players.

It was ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS going to be a LONG-TERM work in progress. We were asked to be PATIENT. We still have to be. The next draft/trade period will be crucial.

I took B-Mac's comments about taking the blame and him saying to the players his in it till the end tells me he is under the pump already. May have had Peter and other's tell him whats on display so far isn't good enough and needs to improve and can sense the heat is coming. I didn't mind his presser this week. Been shit prior to then.

Please don't pester Gordon with demands for sacking the coach. Sacking McCartney is not going to produce any change to our on-field fortunes. We simply Do. Not. Have. Enough. Good. Players.

It was ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS going to be a LONG-TERM work in progress. We were asked to be PATIENT. We still have to be. The next draft/trade period will be crucial.
Absolute crap.....it is the talk of losers.

Guarentee that had a decent coach taken over this list this year we would be on 6 maybe 7 wins and sitting In the 8. Mccantcoachs mantra of being happy with solid efforts has finally filtered down to the players......they simply dont hurt enough losing

Guarentee that had a decent coach taken over this list this year we would be on 6 maybe 7 wins and sitting In the 8. Mccantcoachs mantra of being happy with solid efforts has finally filtered down to the players......they simply dont hurt enough losing
Lol guarantee? Weren't you on the Macca bandwagon a few months ago? Amazing how you know so much about the players psyche. You guess like everyone else around here and like some you pass it on as fact. For the last time, opinion isn't fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your delusional or on pills if you think this list is top 8 , it is way out of balance with to many sub AFL players getting getting games.
But your opinion is worth about as much as mine is , so time I guess will tell the tale.

Your delusional or on pills if you think this list is top 8 , it is way out of balance with to many sub AFL players getting getting games.
But your opinion is worth about as much as mine is , so time I guess will tell the tale.
players I have big opinions of have simply gone backwards under the leadership of the great teacher.

My optimism is waning.
But i'm still of the opinion that Macca should see out his contract, or at least the end of the year.
I don't know what the next step is after Macca though.
All i see is another large player cull, another load of draftees, maybe a trade or two, new coaching and backroom staff, and several steps backwards with a renewed promise of moving forwards.

If and when Macca does go, i want a successful seasoned coach. Williams. Thompson. Roos.

We dont need a massive player cull...just the usual 4-5 list changes.

One thing that has really pissed me off is the rookie list. Why would he give the same rookies 3 years. Isnt the idea that u give rookies 1 to 2 years to show someting but keep turning them over.

A few random thoughts on our form compared to last year -

1. Stop blaming McCartney as the source of every problem we have.
2. Acknowledge that Minson and Griffen seem restricted in their out put and that seems to be partly the cause of us being unable to stop run-ons.
3. Acknowledge we have missed Dickson and Grant up and going in the forward line.
4. Acknowledge that Cooney seems to be able to only play in bursts
5. Acknowledge that players go back to the reserves for a reason. We all want Campbell back but if he is stuffed after a quarter of hard running, he becomes a liability to the side.
6. Bring back Jong. He is fast and we need his pace. He is big and he tackles hard. The problem he continues to have is ball handling skills and balance which only time will tell whether he is capable of overcoming.
7. Got to play players who have BALANCE (too many fall in on the ball or in on a player) and POISE.......and who can execute perfectly weighted kicks to players leading into space. Recruiting for 2015 - players with exquisite disposal skills, poise and balance.
8. Accept that we are playing players in different positions for their long term development. Accept that they all need to be able to have expanded goals and a more rounded view of the game if we are to be a flexible outfit (ie everyone a midfielder!). I would want Dahl to be near goals because he is so good, but that does nothing for his development or his future. Where would Griffen be if had never played in the middle? Players today want to be more involved in the game.
9. Acknowledge that even under Eade we sometimes played without spirit or intensity. His skill was in getting us up the next week.

10. ******No one to kick slow up and unders ever.

In short, understand that we have lost some key drivers from our second half 2013 form, that some of our players have limitations, and that not all of our form can be solely the coach's fault.

This might sound like a list of excuses for what was our most disappointing loss so far. But if the past is anything to go by, losses lead to a lack of confidence which leads to a loss which leads to.....we just need a couple of breakthrough wins to get the sense of spirit happening again. Right now, there is a heavy burden on our players to perform. Rather than being negative we should be exacting and demanding they lift their game but not so over the top negative as to further add to a sense of crisis. That won't help anyone.

Ok you all know I want the coach gone and many have asked for a suitable replacement.

Now I give you THE NAME

PAUL ROOS!

How?? Well he is contracted til the end next year and I agree we are stuck with MR EXCUSES til then but after another year of rubbish I believe the clubs position will be untenable and we will have to be sacked.

So we do what Melbourne did.

Go the the AFL and tell them to help us get him and throw money at him, ten go to him and da you fixed Melbourne come and help us do the same. It's only a 2 year appointment for humans the main digger eve should be WE SHOULD SIGN HIS SUCCESSOR STRAIGHT AWAY. Some names .. Silvani And Ling

Ok you all know I want the coach gone and many have asked for a suitable replacement.

Now I give you THE NAME

PAUL ROOS!

How?? Well he is contracted til the end next year and I agree we are stuck with MR EXCUSES til then but after another year of rubbish I believe the clubs position will be untenable and we will have to be sacked.

So we do what Melbourne did.

Go the the AFL and tell them to help us get him and throw money at him, ten go to him and da you fixed Melbourne come and help us do the same. It's only a 2 year appointment for humans the main digger eve should be WE SHOULD SIGN HIS SUCCESSOR STRAIGHT AWAY. Some names .. Silvani And Ling
You've been told 100 times why that won't happen. Go back and read what people say to you.

Lol his own players (some of those players he played with I might add) staged a coup against him. As for being older and wiser how did he go at Richmond??? So you want the 2001-02 days back do you?
I notice that you forgot to mention the 1997 to 2000 days, which would be a whole lot better than the 2012 and onwards days that we are enjoying so much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back