Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would get behind Stringer for captain in a big way seems like he's the kind of bloke who'd thrive with the responsibility and probably be a better player for it

I'd put him in the leadership group after that. Think whilst our senior group had no leadership credentials at all, so many of our kids do. Callan Ward getting ripped from underneath our feet was the biggest kick in the guts we as a club could possibly face. He was such an obvious candidate for the captaincy after Boyd. Yet our two best players have been stripped from the club.

So ******* agry right now. Not for Macca, i thought he would get sacked next year, when a tactical coach could get the most of the youngsters that have developed under macca, but sacking him now, just shot everything in the ass. new logo, new rah rah, blah blah, same old same old, nothing has changed we are still an amature gathering of no hopers. West Footscray Roosters have more credability then this shambles calling itself a "football club" All they had to do was hold firm and **** griffen off and keep the coach, then piss him off next year. but we are being laughed at right now, we just gave the media exactly what they wanted, us to look stupid.

Disgusted, utterly disgusted by the spineless, cowardly mess. Peter Gordon must go, nothing more then a lawyer. a weasal who has words, but no soul and certainly no spine. Weak, shamefully weak...

Weak was ignoring the facts and burying your head in the sand like you're advising.

What does that mean
Apparently he did for 2 1/2 years according to Gordon
So what was it ?

Tipping point. His run was done. Maybe he couldn't coach from the start and was giving it a real hot go but fell short.

I don't imagine Giffen ever being the bloke to walk out of the Bulldogs for no reason.

Sorry to intrude guys but just wondering the general consensus from you guys regarding what's happened today. Hard to judge from the outside looking in but seems like a player has now dictated the coaching position which wouldn't sit well with me personally.

Adelaide, Gold Coast, now us. Players have spoken coach is out.

With the way Free Agency is going, players leaving mid contract.

Not just us, tail wags the AFL dog
It's not just us imploding, the AFL is in big trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude guys but just wondering the general consensus from you guys regarding what's happened today. Hard to judge from the outside looking in but seems like a player has now dictated the coaching position which wouldn't sit well with me personally.

Well you need the players on your side. Natural leaders can snuff out these 'revolutions' before your captain and best player walks out.

7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e39d2849d3423ae7608dac066a.jpg

It's not just us imploding, the AFL is in big trouble.

The AFL has to take some blame for this.. Adopting FA without giving any consideration to the impact/fallout.. They have to put limitations on how the FA works and how the model in the NBA works (and works well)

The AFL has to take some blame for this.. Adopting FA without giving any consideration to the impact/fallout.. They have to put limitations on how the FA works and how the model in the NBA works (and works well)

The promotion from the AFL for expansion sides to strip stars from anyside irrespective of where they fall on the ladder has made it so tough for our club. FA makes that even more difficult. Great we will get heaps of top 10 draft picks, then see them go when the rich clubs feel as though they need to fill a hole on their list.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say how sad it is to see such disarray at the kennel especially after your VFL success this year.

I really, really hope things work out and you can continue to keep building for the future.

Deo gratias.

My cat, Lily, has now agreed to renew her Pet Membership for 2015. There also will be a new member next year. I will be buying my mum a membership for her 89th birthday which is next week.

Hope is still alive.:D

They're not.

They have all cracked the sads because Macca told them some home truths and dented their fragile egos.

They are a disgrace.

I am so angry and disgusted with them right now.

This whole affair goes right back to the days of Rodney Eade.

Jason Akermanis, for all his faults, put the finger on a number of the senior players. When Aker was sacked, that was the first intimation that a coterie of senior players were running the club and that the coach was given the choice of deal with Aker or you're next. Eade didn't survive, what was the real reason for his sacking?

One more thing Aker predicted, that Liam Jones would not make it as a key forward. Liam's Mum took umbrage to the apparent home-truths that Acker gave him.

This debacle is groupthink at its worst.

I seriously want the Bulldogs to go on and win a flag in the next 5 years. Now we have to find a coach who thinks and plans like Macca.

Note that Liam Picken hasn't said a word in all this. Liam is an absolute credit to the team, there is no 'I" in team. Next captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back