List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe winning makes them more prepared to trade. Not as much pressure on outcomes. Any deal should include next years first pick + something this year as there will be this euphoria about them going back to back which is highly unlikely.

If not a super trade why would we make the premier stronger when you don't have to for 12 months.

I'll spew if it's another Caddy type trade.

Maybe winning makes them more prepared to trade. Not as much pressure on outcomes. Any deal should include next years first pick + something this year as there will be this euphoria about them going back to back which is highly unlikely.

If not a super trade why would we make the premier stronger when you don't have to for 12 months.

It won't be. We rate him much more than Caddy.

The question that should be asked here is how they (Weagles) won a premiership with that midfield & how much more Kelly would improve them on exposed form.

If he was to go there, I don't want their next year 1st. He's worth more than many would expect.

We won't see any more success at Geelong until we start getting ruthless.
West Coast now playing at an MCG sized ground ... if that was a strong contributor to their win then being ruthless alone may not make us a Premiership team again..

but in respect of Kelly .. just how ruthless should we be..

West Coast now playing at an MCG sized ground ... if that was a strong contributor to their win then being ruthless alone may not make us a Premiership team again..

but in respect of Kelly .. just how ruthless should we be..
West Coast won due to Shaun Ryan and Collingwood having no marking key forwards and a makeshift key defence. Collingwood's system, their desire and intent and will to work hard for each other almost won them a premiership. I think the ground was irrelevant in this instance. West Coast got lucky and snared one.

If only Geelong were afforded two home finals if they earn that right.

West Coast won due to Shaun Ryan and Collingwood having no marking key forwards and a makeshift key defence. Collingwood's system, their desire and intent and will to work hard for each other almost won them a premiership. I think the ground was irrelevant in this instance. West Coast got lucky and snared one.

If only Geelong were afforded two home finals if they earn that right.

Ruthless?

we will differ on the ground size thing..

Ruthless?

we will differ on the ground size thing..
He chose to enter the draft knowing he had twins on the way and knowing Geelong had spoken to him and there was a possibility that he could be drafted away from Perth. Now Geelong wouldn't have drafted him if he gave the indication that he'd return home. We gave him a chance and he proved himself. We don't trade him for anything less than a desired outcome otherwise we'll keep showing ourselves to be soft and we'll keep being taken advantage of at the trade table just like we do on the field in finals.

We are now a really soft club and that stings more than the results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So gossage said this morning that Kelly will definately be at wc next year.
Said freo were all over him like a cheap suit and that Geelong wanted that option as they'd get more value.

But Kelly has told Geelong it's west coast.

What does that mean? They have something like pick 20 and 21 if gaff leaves.

Yep, that shows I had NFI about us only getting two rounders for him.
Might only be 1 now. (Yes I know wc pick 20 is a first rounder. May as well call it a second).

Said freo were all over him like a cheap suit and that Geelong wanted that option as they'd get more value.

Might only be 1 now. (Yes I know wc pick 20 is a first rounder. May as well call it a second).
As a betting man I thought you’d know better than to count your chickens this early.

Not sure how Kelly gets any say if it's 'home sickness' or 'compassionate grounds'

It's Geelong's option this year, or he stays next year. Easy.

Not sure how Kelly gets any say if it's 'home sickness' or 'compassionate grounds'

Just like criminals do now with their mental illness cards, Kelly will use the compassionate pleas and will be let go for unders.

Just like criminals do now with their mental illness cards, Kelly will use the compassionate pleas and will be let go for unders.
To be honest, this is the part that doesn't sit with me.
If he wants to go home on compassionate grounds then we just have to deal with that.

But if he's forcing us to deal with wc then I just don't think that's right.
Freo is just as close to 'home'.

To be honest, this is the part that doesn't sit with me.
If he wants to go home on compassionate grounds then we just have to deal with that.

But if he's forcing us to deal with wc then I just don't think that's right.
Freo is just as close to 'home'.
Freo's closer to Perth than Geelong is to Melbourne, isn't it?

I think if you are drafted - im assuming they all sign 2 year contacts

Then if that is the case - then unless youve got circumstances like Dayn Beams ( compassionate reasons his father had cancer ) - then there should be a rule that you cant be traded till the end of the 2nd year

This Kelly situation is just a mockery

Yep. Club comes before player.

IF he indeed does want out then bye TK. His heart isn't invested in the GFC, and we want passionate players who'll bleed for the jumper.

Cats were naive in selecting him in the first place. Nothing short of a top 10 pick is required or convince Gaff to choose Geelong. He's off to the Eagles so Geelong must win on this deal, the Eagles had their chance for 5 years and only now do they pounce. Bugger em' and for that matter any compassionate grounds too...A top 10 pick or see you at pre season training!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back