Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I was asked to send a dick pic to a girl I had slept with a few times. I didnt do it knowing it would probably get out when our relationship ended.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
One of my female friends is keeping all the dick pics she gets sent and wants to make a coffee table book out of them.

Reckon those saying the 'world has gone mad' and everyone is 'walking on eggshells' must have engaged in some sh*t behaviour in the past. I certainly don't fear I'm about to be cancelled. And if it turns out that my sometimes dark humour was in poor taste and offended someone, I would simply apologise. It's not difficult.

The problem is things that have been investigated years ago coming back up again, people need to move on.

Look at JDG, dragged through the mud for a year because of something that has been investigated and cleared, then 5 years later he gets investigated and cleared, again!

Paine and his family had moved on, it was t hidden but looked at and now 4 years later he’s dragged through the mud again and called a disgrace.

FFS, you could do something today that’s perfectly acceptable but in 5 years time when the Greens have taken control, what’s normal now would make you a disgrace then!

Eh, the way I read it is that when he got more explicit, she started to hint she wasn't interested.

“I will think naughty thoughts about you whilst we watch the TV”.

“I’m cracking! Ha ha. Naughty thoughts like what? I’m about to give something firm a pull …,”

"Ha, sorry I’m getting ready for work … it’s a big day for us kids."

Someone hinting they're busy in a previously flirtatious convo is a good sign that you've turned them off imo.

So she just wanted a texting cheating relationship compared to Paine who wanted an all in cheating relationship?

I'd imagine as soon as you cross the line it's all over even if it's just a text or photo. If I were Bon, a text or photo would be equally as bad as it immediately breaks the faithfulness. Kind of like if you got shot or hit by a truck, you'd be dead either way but the truck is much more gruesome and messier.

Guy is a goose , what a stupid thing to do .

What were CA thinking that this would never come out about the captain ?

Noone in this situation is coming out of it looking too good .

Yea I already didn't want Paine captain but this isn't good and is just ####ing hopeless all-round. Zero per cent surprised CA found to be negligent here also.

The problem is things that have been investigated years ago coming back up again, people need to move on.

Look at JDG, dragged through the mud for a year because of something that has been investigated and cleared, then 5 years later he gets investigated and cleared, again!

Paine and his family had moved on, it was t hidden but looked at and now 4 years later he’s dragged through the mud again and called a disgrace.

FFS, you could do something today that’s perfectly acceptable but in 5 years time when the Greens have taken control, what’s normal now would make you a disgrace then!
That moronic political party will never lead this country and thank faark for that.

So essentially, if a guys sleeps with his underage female student, he should be lynched but if a female teacher sleeps with her underaged male student, it should be all sweet because context? :think:
What are you talking about?

There are plenty more.

yeah it was heaps better when marital rape was legal, being gay was illegal, and 'dealing with your emotions' meant suppressing everything, simply allowing people to treat you poorly because you dont want to cause trouble, and instead drinking yourself to oblivion.

welcome to the present day old man, things have changed for the better. emotional and sexual abuse isnt acceptable anymore. try to keep up.

And I will again ask, if things are so good then why are so many having so many problems these days living?
Stop exaggerating how the past was unless you lived it. Bad things happened back then just as they do now. 3/4 of the population were not however running around depressed and with anxiety levels they can't control.
Sexual abuse was never acceptable, emotional abuse is in the eye of the beholder. What you call a bully I may not call a bully.
I am doing fine in my life mate so no need to give me tips on how to live. Very worried about so many of the rest of you who seem to be struggling with life.

I think you are spinning a narrative that is in no way congruent with the facts as we know them.

This conversation was laced with sexual innuendo on both sides.
Genuine question and not being a dickhead, but what is Tim allowed to do if her texts are laced with sexual innuendo? If they were in the same room is the line physical contact or something else?

To me there is a line between sending messages like they were and sending an unwanted dickpic.

I'm not saying he's done the worst thing ever but what he's done is bad and idiotic and not something I'd want in a captain if I were CA.

Context.

Sexual violence isn't equal each way. It's much more likely an unsolicited dick pick could freak out a woman or make her feel uncomfortable more so than an unsolicited female nude sent to a bloke.

Don't know too many blokes who got scared from an unsolicited nude of a woman. Usually it's quite the opposite.

The inverse is not true though whe it comes to women getting dick picks without notice.
Is this the way it would be viewed in a court of law or in the court of public opinion?

Also is sending a dick pick or the female equivalent illegal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question and not being a dickhead, but what is Tim allowed to do if her texts are laced with sexual innuendo? If they were in the same room is the line physical contact or something else?

To me there is a line between sending messages like they were and sending an unwanted dickpic.

I'm not saying he's done the worst thing ever but what he's done is bad and idiotic and not something I'd want in a captain if I were CA.
It’s not the conduct of the Australian Test Captain - the bigger story is about CA’s involvement in it.

It depends on the context, were pictures exchanged previous to this instance? The length of time Tim and the women have known each other etc. I'm guessing all this would have been investigated in 2018 when the allegation was raised.

The texts released by the media are notable because of the timing - just before the Gabba test match in 2017.

But to answer succinctly

If 2 people are sexting, as these two clearly were. Then I don't think you can claim that a naughty pic is unsolicited.

Text messages are notoriously hard to gauge context and tone.

It appears to be 2 consenting adults engaging in sexual banter or flirting.

Is this the way it would be viewed in a court of law or in the court of public opinion?

Well, according to our moderator there is no female equivalent of inappropriate sexting, only men can offend..? Despite 'the law' stating otherwise, although 'sexting as a prosecutable crime' is usually only applicable with those under 18 years of age..

Last edited:
And I will again ask, if things are so good then why are so many having so many problems these days living?
Stop exaggerating how the past was unless you lived it. Bad things happened back then just as they do now. 3/4 of the population were not however running around depressed and with anxiety levels they can't control.
Sexual abuse was never acceptable, emotional abuse is in the eye of the beholder. What you call a bully I may not call a bully.
I am doing fine in my life mate so no need to give me tips on how to live. Very worried about so many of the rest of you who seem to be struggling with life.
There were just as many problems back in the day it just wasn't as openly talked about as it is now. It's not like Anxiety and depression just became a thing in the last 20 years. Its been around forever, plenty of mental illnesses have been misdiagnosed/treated over the years and many have just been passed off as "Personality traits".

The fact that we are opening up more and more about it is not a negative thing at all and does not mean it is in any way more prelavent now than it has been.

In the UK I don't think it's illegal for either sex to do so (unsolicited), at least from the gist of the below article.

And yes, if the above law pass it will be both ways. It won't just be men being singled out.

I'm not sure on the Australian law, but I think it's in the same stage as here.

No doubt you’d be disgusted with the coach of your football club for having an affair with a Richmond sales rep , going by your outrage Hardwick should of been sacked as well you’ve either a hypocrite or maybe that episode just slipped your mind.
lol, sexual harassment is in an entirely different league to cheating

It depends on the context, were pictures exchanged previous to this instance? The length of time Tim and the women have known each other etc. I'm guessing all this would have been investigated in 2018 when the allegation was raised.

The texts released by the media are notable because of the timing - just before the Gabba test match in 2017.

But to answer succinctly

If 2 people are sexting, as these two clearly were. Then I don't think you can claim that a naughty pic is unsolicited.

Text messages are notoriously hard to gauge context and tone.

It appears to be 2 consenting adults engaging in sexual banter or flirting.
False. Just because someone says to someone I'm thinking naughty thoughts doesn't mean send me your dick.

If Paine had said do you want to see my hard **** and she said yes please then there is your consent. That is what is missing in this conversation.

1637304974549.png

Attachments

• 1637304943326.png
    1637304943326.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
Very different standards of proof in each - which many are blurring

Consider, 2 people in their 20s meet at a house party.

They go to a bedroom and start making out. Open mouth kissing etc.

Right now, two people are making out.

Often, an encounter like this can progress organically to sexual intercourse without anyone ever directly saying, "do you want to have sex?"

Alternatively, it can just stay at making out.

I think you are spinning a narrative that is in no way congruent with the facts as we know them.

This conversation was laced with sexual innuendo on both sides.

Let's be honest, Tim Paine is a handsome guy.
so if a man and woman are alone and somewhat flirting, and then the man just randomly without asking pulls his pants down and makes her look, thats ok?

Slow steady decreases on suicides since the 1970's. Bit of a spike in the last 5-10 years, but similar to past spikes in the late 80's and 90's.

1637305228025.png

Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back