News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

*Fingers Crossed*
Although he'd be a fantastic acquisition to our football club, should we miss out on getting Bradshaw, it's not going to significantly worsen our playing list for 2010. I'm already expecting us to take half a step backwards next year, with 2011 the year we can really make another run for the top 4.

Have they taken down that article? I can't see find it through the website?

It will certainly be an interesting decision.

I think its a case of whether he genuinely wants a crack at another premiership or wants a good deal to keep him financially secure for life after football....can't blame him either way, I just hope the deal that Carlton has on the table is similiar to Sydney's and the premiership carrot might be enough sway him to Visy Park.

Clearly his first wish is a good deal to keep him financially secure for life after football. His manager has pretty much come out and said as much, and not only that, but if he was more worried about success, he probably woulda stayed at brisbane where with Fev they would have had a good 2 or 3 year go at a flag

You could go play for the Swans OR you could play on the BIG stage..;):thumbsu:

footygallery598x400.jpg

Hmm article sounds very pro Sydney to me...not feeling so confident now...but who knows, certainly it;s warmer up there which is important to those queenslanders..always whinging about how cold it is...
:(

Have they taken down that article? I can't see find it through the website?

Clearly his first wish is a good deal to keep him financially secure for life after football. His manager has pretty much come out and said as much, and not only that, but if he was more worried about success, he probably woulda stayed at brisbane where with Fev they would have had a good 2 or 3 year go at a flag

One would also think that his 4 young kids would come very much into his considerations. You would think that if Melbourne was where he wanted to end up (post footy) then that would strengthen our hand significantly.

It'd be hard on the kids to uproot, move to Sydney for 3 years and then have to do it all again upon him finishing with AFL. Got a sneaky feeling about this one.

Hmm article sounds very pro Sydney to me...not feeling so confident now...but who knows, certainly it;s warmer up there which is important to those queenslanders..always whinging about how cold it is...
:(
That would be because the leak would have come from someone from the Swans. Don't believe everything you read- remember that Judd was going to the Pies?

I dont know why you would go from lions to swans??? He is still away from home, playing in a shitter club, will retire with no hope of finshing up in finals. Stupidity really to go to sydney. But whatever he picks i guess.

I dont know why you would go from lions to swans??? He is still away from home, playing in a shitter club, will retire with no hope of finshing up in finals. Stupidity really to go to sydney. But whatever he picks i guess.

this is a player who has won 3 flags, i dont think he is looking for success. it is all about the cash now for him. 3 years away from home with an extra 500K in his pocket would interest him lots.

i dont mind if we miss out on him, i think we need to rebuild and if he does come, maybe we'll be too bradshaw focussed as we were with fev.

lets get henderson, setanta, waite, kruz all rotating down there and see what happens.

he'd only get in Waite and Henderson's road!

Or allow Waite to play where ever we need fire power! Whether that be to hold down CHB, or sweep in defence, give us a target across the middle of the ground playing on a wing or kicking goals...nah he would probably just get in the way :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Fingers Crossed*
Although he'd be a fantastic acquisition to our football club, should we miss out on getting Bradshaw, it's not going to significantly worsen our playing list for 2010. I'm already expecting us to take half a step backwards next year, with 2011 the year we can really make another run for the top 4.

WOW...:eek:

I have to disagree with you...

I think we are now a genuine TOP 4 side now.... Why?

Unpredictable....

Was Fev popular with the boys? No
Did over 60% of over inside 50's go to him? Yes

With our midfield that has now been finished, the ball will go into the forward 50 with precision because of the blocking and time that will be created by a bigger and stronger midfield...

I'm more excited than ever...:D

We will HARDLY make an impression on the Top 8, let alone top 4 next year

And, I'll be happy to be proven wrong about this

We will HARDLY make an impression on the Top 8, let alone top 4 next year

And, I'll be happy to be proven wrong about this
I agree with you unless we land somebody that's going to give the kids a chop out to kick some goals.

We WILL be better next year, Fev was holding us back, and while he's gone the rest of the group will take one step forward and our forwards will be able to begin to go forward in strides.

I watched us last year, all the other talls out positioned themselves by getting too close to the play and leading to try and open up space. It's going to be different when those forwards position themselves to be options and our forwardline gets with the times and functions properly.

We didn't rely on 1 forward, our game plan did.

maybe we'll be too bradshaw focussed as we were with fev.

My thoughts too. 'Kick it to Fev' is a one-dimensional forward strategy left over from the Pagan era.

It's pretty bad when our best contribution from a tall player this year was Kreuzer/Setanta with twelve.:eek: That has to change; Ratten needs to develop his own gameplans. Still, Bradshaw is used to playing alongside Brown, so would slot in better as a foil for the likes of Henderson, Tiller or pick 12.

There's real potential here, should we think outside the square. After all, Adelaide were in a similar boat and still managed 2 premierships without 'Godra'.

If I were Bradshaw, I would certainly choose the blues. Carlton are one of the teams that travel the fewest and that goes a long way in rehab.

Btw aren't we meant to have 1.1 million free in the cap next year considering Fev was on 700k and Stevens on 400k....?

If I were Bradshaw, I would certainly choose the blues. Carlton are one of the teams that travel the fewest and that goes a long way in rehab.

Btw aren't we meant to have 1.1 million free in the cap next year considering Fev was on 700k and Stevens on 400k....?
I'm pretty sure we could match the Swans with whatever they offer Bradshaw it's a matter if he wants to wear Navy/White or the Red/White.

What makes you so sure that we aren't paying any of Fev's contract for the next 2 years?

FWIW I think Fev was on less than 700 for 2010 and more for 2011 and Stevo was on a fair bit more than 400.

What makes you so sure that we aren't paying any of Fev's contract for the next 2 years?

FWIW I think Fev was on less than 700 for 2010 and more for 2011 and Stevo was on a fair bit more than 400.

I'm not sure mate, but I thought he was on a new 3 year deal with Brisbane starting from next year. Doesn't that mean he tears our contract up? Also, heard from news sources that we wanted to trade Fev to Brisbane because they offered to pay his contract out... But like I said I'm not sure..

Free Trade, clubs wont want to open a can of worms for a 31 year old near cripple, he'll get to wherever he wants to go..
Define near cripple?

(and before you answer please check how many games he has missed in the last few years and how many goals he has kicked in that time ;))

Define near cripple?

(and before you answer please check how many games he has missed in the last few years and how many goals he has kicked in that time ;))

Allow me to be of assistance:

2009 - played 21 out of 24 games, 58 goals
2008 - 20 of 22 games, 75 goals
2007 - missed season with ACL injury in preseason
2006 - 22 of 22 games, 59 goals
2005 - 19 of 22 games, 45 goals
2004 - 22 of 25 games, 40 goals
2003 - 24 of 26 games, 28 goals

How far shall I go back? Apart from 2007, he generally misses about 2 games per year through injury. His goal tally goes up the last few years as he spends most of his time up forward. He often plays second fiddle to Brown as the go to player.

He might carry injuries into games at times but his output has still be very good.

Should Bradshaw choose Carlton I expect to see a liberal dose of terms such as 'cheats', 'salary cap rorters', 'brown paper bags', 'criminal presidents', 'cheating scum', 'rapists', 'tainted premierships' sprinkled throughout threads on BF, posted by some of BF's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back