News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

Should Bradshaw choose Carlton I expect to see a liberal dose of terms such as 'cheats', 'salary cap rorters', 'brown paper bags', 'criminal presidents', 'cheating scum', 'rapists', 'tainted premierships' sprinkled throughout threads on BF, posted by some of BF's finest.

Yep, be nice if opposition posters laid into the CFC rather than us supporters.

Allow me to be of assistance:

2009 - played 21 out of 24 games, 58 goals
2008 - 20 of 22 games, 75 goals
2007 - missed season with ACL injury in preseason
2006 - 22 of 22 games, 59 goals
2005 - 19 of 22 games, 45 goals
2004 - 22 of 25 games, 40 goals
2003 - 24 of 26 games, 28 goals

How far shall I go back? Apart from 2007, he generally misses about 2 games per year through injury. His goal tally goes up the last few years as he spends most of his time up forward. He often plays second fiddle to Brown as the go to player.

He might carry injuries into games at times but his output has still be very good.

I've tried this line of evidence before, but people just don't listen to fact unfortunately.

He's still a cripple, won't last a year blah blah.

I've tried this line of evidence before, but people just don't listen to fact unfortunately.

He's still a cripple, won't last a year blah blah.

I would have been unhappy if we'd traded Fev for Bradshaw, but picking him up this way would seem a no-lose situation. We either get a few season's out of him and he helps the young guys along, or we don't and we're in the same position we are now (minus a few bucks but with plenty of young talent).

Will be interesting to see if we can get him.

I'm not sure mate, but I thought he was on a new 3 year deal with Brisbane starting from next year. Doesn't that mean he tears our contract up? Also, heard from news sources that we wanted to trade Fev to Brisbane because they offered to pay his contract out... But like I said I'm not sure..

I read conflicting reports. My guts tells me that we'll pay some, but not too much.

Allow me to be of assistance:

2009 - played 21 out of 24 games, 58 goals
2008 - 20 of 22 games, 75 goals
2007 - missed season with ACL injury in preseason
2006 - 22 of 22 games, 59 goals
2005 - 19 of 22 games, 45 goals
2004 - 22 of 25 games, 40 goals
2003 - 24 of 26 games, 28 goals

How far shall I go back? Apart from 2007, he generally misses about 2 games per year through injury. His goal tally goes up the last few years as he spends most of his time up forward. He often plays second fiddle to Brown as the go to player.

He might carry injuries into games at times but his output has still be very good.

Now I'm just gonna go and put you down as a 'yes' for Bradshaw.

...you know what you are? You're a hoot is what you are. Hoot with a capital H!

Should Bradshaw choose Carlton I expect to see a liberal dose of terms such as 'cheats', 'salary cap rorters', 'brown paper bags', 'criminal presidents', 'cheating scum', 'rapists', 'tainted premierships' sprinkled throughout threads on BF, posted by some of BF's finest.

If we pick up Bradshaw in the PSD then the equation (effectively) goes from

Fev + 27 for McLean and Henderson

to

Fev + 27 for Bradshaw, McLean and Henderson.

Surely an upgrade of this nature cannot be achieved without any criminally tainted cheating, rorting and raping???

So about as injury prone as Waite?

Jarrad played 22 games in 2007.

crossed-fingers-thumb.jpg
Go Swans take him i don't want him for 3 years and i hope Carlton stick with Henderson as the full forward,he doesn't need someone holding his hand so his playing VFL for another 3 years when his done 2 already.

We gave away Fevola we should stick with the youth policy. I thought they said they won't recruit anyone who can't play 5 years and around 100 games.

Lets keep the money and go full on to recruit a Roughead or young guy when their contract up next season or the year after.

Yes if he was like 25 not 32 you living in a fantasy world,do you watch that Disney garbarge fantasy shit.

Go Swans take him i don't want him for 3 years and i hope Carlton stick with Henderson as the full forward,he doesn't need someone holding his hand so his playing VFL for another 3 years when his done 2 already.

We gave away Fevola we should stick with the youth policy. I thought they said they won't recruit anyone who can't play 5 years and around 100 games.

Lets keep the money and go full on to recruit a Roughead or young guy when their contract up next season or the year after.

And who is henderson supposed to learn from? DVD's of old games. He hasn't played FF at the lions so to have a proven older performer at the club for however long can only benefit the kid.

You are on a mission to prove you have NFI. Worst carlton poster on this board.

And of course the usual 'he is finished' 'too old' 'injury prone' type calls.
Unless he gets picked up by Sydney then it will be 'great pick up' and 'will be really valuable' calls

And who is henderson supposed to learn from? DVD's of old games. He hasn't played FF at the lions so to have a proven older performer at the club for however long can only benefit the kid.

You are on a mission to prove you have NFI. Worst carlton poster on this board.

I want Bradshaw for the record but your post is a little harsh. Henderson has played FF in the Brisbane 2s for the last 2 years so should have some idea how to play the position. I also think he was recruited as a KPF so he should have a long history of experience there.

"NFI" is a bit over the top, and maybe, just maybe, applies to yourself rather than the other poster!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Bradshaw for the record but your post is a little harsh. Henderson has played FF in the Brisbane 2s for the last 2 years so should have some idea how to play the position. I also think he was recruited as a KPF so he should have a long history of experience there.

"NFI" is a bit over the top, and maybe, just maybe, applies to yourself rather than the other poster!

I'm with Zillmere on one thing, Chamberpot has NFI. Rule of thumb expressions like youth policy dont become carved in stone commandments. They apply for a while then once the conditions change so do the underlying rules that created them. We have plenty of youth, we dont need to exclude talent because of age anymore. It we get Bradshaw it will be because he fits our current circumstance.

Gee Bradshaw appears to be using every minute of his "24 hours"

I'm with Zillmere on one thing, Chamberpot has NFI. Rule of thumb expressions like youth policy dont become carved in stone commandments. They apply for a while then once the conditions change so do the underlying rules that created them. We have plenty of youth, we dont need to exclude talent because of age anymore. It we get Bradshaw it will be because he fits our current circumstance.

Sorry 30yb, I have you beat on this one 74 words to 68! Good effort tho :)

I can't think the decision would be too hard. Sydney would be a very easy way to earn a bucket load of coin in your final contract. There are no expectations of them doing anything, and compared to the Blues, they get pretty small crowds. Easy money for Bradshaw really- and you can't blame him.

Yes if he was like 25 not 32 you living in a fantasy world,do you watch that Disney garbarge fantasy shit.
A questionable beginning to the BF career, a perplexing middle and careering out of control towards a tragic ending. Either you know what direction you are heading in and making good time or your map is upside down.

Now I'm just gonna go and put you down as a 'yes' for Bradshaw.

...you know what you are? You're a hoot is what you are. Hoot with a capital H!
Thanks.

I'm a yes in terms of having an experienced target to take advantage of midfield strength and to take the best defender and allow others more space. I'm equally happy to drive up his price and have the Swans take him. If we could see the future and knew he would get through those 3 years, then we should nab him. I agree with others there is risk involved in a 3 year deal for a player approaching 31 years of age.

It certainly would make the Fev trade seem like a win for us though.

i would imagine it will come down to looking after your family in the final years of his career and not finals success in the near future.
although bradshaw has been one of my favourite players for many years and would love him to finish at carlton and end his career helping our young forwards cope, sydney is the smart choice for his family.
$$$$$$$

Predicting he'll choose the Swans today because they're the "safe option" i.e. have a high PSD pick. Even though he wants to go to the Blues, our low PSD position will make it a risky process for him. :)

Predicting he'll choose the Swans today because they're the "safe option" i.e. have a high PSD pick. Even though he wants to go to the Blues, our low PSD position will make it a risky process for him. :)
The thing that pisses me off is that Port has a pick between us and the Swannies... and I just get this feeling that they have no soul and would pick a player that doesn't want to go there...

Gee Bradshaw appears to be using every minute of his "24 hours"
if anything, this is a positive... there are reports out there saying he really doesn't care between Sydney and Melbourne cause he'll still have to travel to get to Wodonga... but if true he would've already chosen the Swans... the longer he takes, the more it seems to me that Melbourne is alot more preferred than Sydney... with every passing minute, I have a feeling our chances are better in him choosing us

If we have the salary cap room to accomadate Bradshaw and he's picked up by someone else, does that mean we can change current players contracts. For eg, if player X is on $500 thousand a year for 3 years can we change his contract to $800 thousand the first year and $350 thousand for the next 2. We would have freed up $150 thousand for years 2011 and 2012 which would help secure our up and coming players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back