List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

They just got 4x R1 players by trading down from pick 4 plus they’ve added two additional R1 picks next year

Doubt they give a *
Thing that burns me up is that they are able to package a bunch of picks in the 20s and 30s and end up with picks 3, 9 and 14. If some club was holding those three picks and you rang them up offering a handful of picks from 24 to 38, you'd be laughed at and then immediately hung up on. Like Gold Coast got picks 10, 17 and a future first from the Dogs for pick 4, but suddenly they can trade a few round 2 picks and get the third overall pick? Just a complete joke of a system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if the cats would consider

F2 40 for 32 36?

Go into tonite.

30 32 36 57

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be more inclined to trade back from 30 to 32 and pick up their 36 as well. Get a couple of throws at the dartboard before Freo's pick.

They're the only one we can trade with to double our picks in the 30s without coughing up future collateral. Hopefully they have a stiff chode for someone left on the board and are working the phones to ROB already.

All norfs compo picks to me felt like they were given the capital to trade for Reid .

Norf needed a poster boy

Afl would have been happy with us getting extra late first rounders to fill our roster and get us back up faster .

All that went out the window when we just took Reid.

Afl would be pissed don't expect any favours

Some extra assistance was given because the AFL really really wanted to prise the No1 Pick from WCE so North could Honour the 1st newly created Allan Aylett Medal which will now be given to all AFL No1 picks ..

Allan Aylett was a former North Melbourne Legend before he became involved in VFL Administration ..

Oops , Could have been a great gesture for the family of a VFL legend ..

Last edited:
Simpson is rapid acceleration wise.
Didn’t see rapid or elite in him for speed or acceleration. He’s no McKercher or Rodgers. He’s not slow either hence the reason I said he lacks a yard of pace and not say he’s friggen slow. It’s part of what seperates him from the top of the board.

I do think however he’s an okay prospect and probably one we could look at.

The evenness of the draft in the second and third rounds makes me think we can start looking for needs.

I am thinking we go Simpson then ZZ then Freijah then Patton

Here is what the list age by position profile would look like

1700533277394.png

If we go tall with the first pick tonight, it would also make sense with say Murphy, then ......... place your own names in here

Nice thought, but be prepared for an avalanche.

14 of the All Australian Under 16 team were from the Allies Team.

* First thing that the AFL must do is remove the points discount, that apply to Academy picks.

* Second is that the team MUST have a live pick in the corresponding round that they match a bid in.

* Thirdly allow all other Clubs the same access rules to their own, Academy kids.

Sobering thought the four Gold Coast first rounders drafted yesterday : Walter, Read, Rogers & Graham have all been in the GC development since they were 14.

So they have already had four years on 1. Access to better coaching and 2. Four years of bonding and developing relationships on and off the field. HUGE advantage to any young kid.

The AFL have created a runaway train with this one.

Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast & Brisbane get a massive leg up, with the way things are currently structured.

Remove the 20% discount from Academy and Father/Son picks (if not for all then at least 1st rounders)

Ideally love if the club traded F2, F4, 49 for 32 & 36

Gives us 3 picks before Freo and 4 of the first 10 tonight.

Alternatively, 30 & 49 for 32 & 36 wouldn't be the worse either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back