List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL at least make the finals before you start comparing midfields
93319.jpg

What is K.Cornes saying for those who can't deal with SEN?
Just that equalisation isn't working as how can a team that's won 3 of the last 5 flags have two gun mids join their club from a team that finished low on the ladder.

What is K.Cornes saying for those who can't deal with SEN?
Great job Richmond. You've been smart with your list management taking over 10 kids in 3 years with a focus on development, while trading a fringe player for a second round pick.

To end up with a 12, 19 and next years first that can be traded - you've got the ability to trade in 2 ready made mids on long term contracts, knowing that a big dollar contract will finish in a couple of years so you can afford to offer this money and load a bulk of the cash when needed. As Lynch has done.

You should be a proud club.

As much as i love this, I hope it doesn’t backfire and become Hawthorn mkII.

Regardless, our midfield will look very different next year. Exciting times
Mitchell is a crab
O'Meara's bad knee never got him to reach his potential.

Just that equalisation isn't working as how can a team that's won 3 of the last 5 flags have two gun mids join their club from a team that finished low on the ladder.
The answer to this is obvious. We created an environment where players want to play.

Could you imagine the veterans at a club like Essendon taking a 50% pay cut? Nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who say they can't see how it could backfire have obviously not experienced much life.

Trading 2 years of your best draft assets for 2 players can backfire in so many ways.

Once you start moving future picks, the risk factor multiplies considerably. Better teams than us have fallen off the cliff completely from our current position.

The one thing our club has proved to be since 2019 is very unpredictable. Drama, is always just around the corner
Name them fraud

It's just the same point every time isn't it. The thing with 'equalisation' is that it doesn't and shouldn't equal 'equal results for all at all times'. Otherwise whats the point of any football staff at all? Their skills become redundant and the competition just becomes this predictable ferris wheel.

Compare with Nick "I had one great year on a half-forward-flank so now I'm an elite midfielder pay me" Daffy.

BFFs.
Gonna live together.
Gonna marry elite netballer twins and have five sons each:
Jacob Hopper Jr
Tim Taranto Jr
Jacob Taranto
Tim Hopper
Taranto Hopper
Hopper Taranto

you get the gist.

EFA.
EFA: better to marry the Hosking twins and get real footy DNA.
PS I was happy to have one of the GWS rejects. But if we can get both. Why not?
We weren't far off it this year. With Dusty and Lynch contracts and resigning Bolton I thought we'd have to wait longer to have a crack at 2 very good players. Caddy/Sheds/Lambert out this and Cotch/JR/?? next year I guess that's the benefit of long contracts which can be front/back loaded.

Name them fraud

You could be waiting a while.

This has been years in the making. Hopper was first spoken about in 2018 from Tiger71 - saying he'll sign another contract but he WILL be moving to Victoria to play for a big club.

Knowing it was happening, we traded for a number of picks in last years draft. Not sure any club except GC and GWS have had 5 top 30 picks in a single draft for a long time.

It can all go wrong, of course. Nothing is 100%. But you have to give yourself a chance. Sometimes first round picks don't work, they never make it. So to use a couple of first round picks for 2 players, a few years away from their prime years is very smart.

Can't believe some people in the footy world (and Richmond fans) reckon we're trading away the future.....we won't be dealing away any top 10 picks, just mid-late first rounders.

Here's our previous top 30 picks since 2010. Have left off 2021 draftees since they're still in the early stages.
Striking out Dow might be considered harsh but he's had opportunity and Sonsie and Ross have shown more imo.

2010 - Pick 6: Reece Conca
2010 - Pick 30:Jake Batchelor

2011 - Pick 15: Brandon Ellis
2011 - Pick 26: Todd Elton
2012 - Pick 9: Nick Vlastuin
2013 - Pick 12: Ben Lennon
2014 - Pick 12: Corey Ellis

2015 - Pick 15: Daniel Rioli
2016 - Pick 29: Shai Bolton
2017 - Pick 17: Jack Higgins
2017 - Pick 20: Callum Coleman-Jones

2017 - Pick 25: Noah Balta
2018 - Pick 20: Riley Collier-Dawkins
2019 - Pick 21: Thomson Dow

That's a 5/14 strike rate. If I included the 2008 draft I would have made you blokes spew up.

Trading for mature players in their peak delivered us flags... Lynch, Prestia, Caddy, Nank, Houli etc. This obviously does come with a bit of risk...but landing a 200+ game AA caliber player in the first round is hard work.

We hit the draft hard last year with 5 top 30 picks and they look good so far.
Good decision to now land some proven guns who can fill our biggest need.
Pick 12 clearly cursed! Smart by Richmond to trade it away

But you can't punish clubs that are well managed. Every club has the same opportunity with drafts, salary cap, soft cap etc.

But you can't punish clubs that are well managed. Every club has the same opportunity with drafts, salary cap, soft cap etc.

You watch them try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You could be waiting a while.

This has been years in the making. Hopper was first spoken about in 2018 from Tiger71 - saying he'll sign another contract but he WILL be moving to Victoria to play for a big club.

Knowing it was happening, we traded for a number of picks in last years draft. Not sure any club except GC and GWS have had 5 top 30 picks in a single draft for a long time.

It can all go wrong, of course. Nothing is 100%. But you have to give yourself a chance. Sometimes first round picks don't work, they never make it. So to use a couple of first round picks for 2 players, a few years away from their prime years is very smart.
I said in another thread.imo this was planned straight after the 20GF.
Doing a trade with Geelong gaining us their 1st in 2021.
Going into 21 draft inside 30 with 5 picks.
5 drafts in the top would take us 2 and a bit drafts to achieve this without trades.
Cotch & Jack wouldn't go around again for peanuts unless they were convinced we are top 4 again next year.
Seriously Blair should get a statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back