2nds VFL - Collingwood v Coburg - Sun 24/6/12 - Mantello Holden Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Luke's live chat be up and running today, does anyone know?

Anyhow looking forward to it hopefully quite a few BF boys and girls will go to what should be a close game.

One thing Bucks has really shown is that he's not afraid to reward good VFL form with senior games so the likes of Witts, Seedsman Ugle and JT have plenty to play for.

Looks like it will be - it's up on the CFC site now.

Final side for the pies:
B: Caolan Mooney, Kris Pendlebury, Tom Sundberg
HB: Kirk Ugle, Jackson Paine, Shae McNamara
C: Paul Seedsman, Lachlan Wallace, Trent Stubbs
HF: Lachlan Smith, Nick Riddle, Luke Rounds
F: Josh Thomas, Jonathon Ceglar, Ricky Ferraro
R: Cameron Wood, Paul Cribbin, Peter Yagmoor
Int: Jackson Heagney-Steart*, Matthew Hine, Sam Williams, Jack Hellier, Daniel Farmer

Witts isn't playing.

Few of the younger boys here today including Fas, Wittsy, Gault, Young, Elliot and Williams. Get the feeling JT is very popular amongst the playing group coming off he got a gee up from Fas and then whilst coming back on a little you ok Josh from Butters. He just won the clearance that set up the last goal as well :)

1/4 Time:

Collingwood 2.3 (15) to Coburg 2.6 (18)

Goals:
Collingwood: Mooney 2
Coburg: Cartelli, Elton

JT snapped a behind midway through the quarter, almost straight after running on. (He started on the bench) JT also helped set up Mooney's second, with the help of Seedsman.
Great forward pressure by us, notable Jackson Paine, his tackling pressure has been superb.

Stats:
DISPOSALS:
5 - Hellier, Seedsman, Sundberg
4 - Ferraro
3 - Ceglar, Cribbin, J.Thomas, Wood

MARKS:
2 - Stubbs

HITOUTS:
7 - Wood
3 - Ceglar

Good fight back by the boys after first two goals against.

Witts, Gault, Hartley watching from behind the dugout.

JT looks built and few nice touches.

Mooney been good. I'll put TD on ...

Okay back with ground report. Couple of nice Sheila to Prev on including Alex David.

No standouts but I liked Mooney,Paine,Wood and Josh Thomas.

We are In the dreaded 2nd qtr where normally suck but hopefully be a better 2nd qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People should dampen there expectations on Josh Thomas as he has played very little footy over the last 2-3 years and would be no where near as conditioned for match day as his opponents.

Just hope he runs out the game unscathed and can get a solid month or 2 of footy in before we start to analyse his game and get too carried away either good or bad.

People should dampen there expectations on Josh Thomas as he has played very little footy over the last 2-3 years and would be no where near as conditioned for match day as his opponents.

Just hope he runs out the game unscathed and can get a solid month or 2 of footy in before we start to analyse his game and get too carried away either good or bad.

Yep, the first game I reckon he's a chance for is the GWS game, and that's even over a month away, but it's just great to hear he's started well today.:)

Couple of nice clearances from JT within the space of a few mins. Basically just plucked them as they were going past ala Kerr's steal on Buckley yesterday. He isn't winning much uncontested footy, however that'll come considering its his first run around in a while.

Mooney looks really dangerous up forward and if we can get enough supply he could finish with 5-6!

Wood and Ceglar need to lift because Graham and Browne are owning us in the ruck. TBH it seems like we're missing Witts....

Stubbs has done a bit around the ground as well. He probably hasn't hurt them a whole heap but he does seem to be getting involved.

Couple of nice clearances from JT within the space of a few mins. Basically just plucked them as they were going past ala Kerr's steal on Buckley yesterday. He isn't winning much uncontested footy, however that'll come considering its his first run around in a while.

Mooney looks really dangerous up forward and if we can get enough supply he could finish with 5-6!

Wood and Ceglar need to lift because Graham and Browne are owning us in the ruck

How's Mooney's game sense and fully understanding of rules coming? as in the NAB cup you could see he still didn't quite get all the rules?

On Ceglar I noticed he has equalled Wood in hit outs hows his around the ground work been?

How's Mooney's game sense and fully understanding of rules coming? as in the NAB cup you could see he still didn't quite get all the rules?

On Ceglar I noticed he has equalled Wood in hit outs hows his around the ground work been?

I'd say his understanding of the game on the whole looks fine he just has a few rough edges ie he doesnt seem to push up the ground and get much easy ball yet and he can get a little lost in traffic, but in terms of rules and structures i think hes got the hang of it. If you can get the ball to him in space he's as much of a presence as ive seen in a Collingwood player a bit like what Cyril brings to the game. I wouldn't compare the two overall it's just that Mooney is similarly dynamic.

Ceglars taken a couple of grabs and looked ok, but I don't think he's been anywhere near as involved as Graham. He had a set shot early in the second about 45 out on the 45 angle and just shanked it. He's young so it's all about the glimpses and there's been a couple just not as many as I'd have liked. There is a half to go so here's hoping he'll have more of an impact this half.

FWIW McRae is the general on the boundary and he seems to be a bigger wrap for Ceglars work than Wood's. He's been in Ceglars ear every time he comes off, but hasn't spoken to Wood once.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL - Collingwood v Coburg - Sun 24/6/12 - Mantello Holden Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back