Autopsy VFL - Roast, Toast and Discussion (Coburg Lions next week)

Best on Ground vs Sandringham

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Oleg Markov

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Patrick Naish

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Corey Ellis

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Anthony Miles

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Mabior Chol

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Tyson Stengle

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Shai Bolton

• Liam Baker

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3 of emergencies for seniors team played in vfl today? Stengle, Soldo, B Ellis. How does that work? Did they still fly to Perth after? Apologies if dumb question

some really excellent running in support, all day in fact

at times their running through the middle was exceptional and looked like the firsts

bathie was a surprise

TigerImposter who do you want to win
Hahaha . This one is a no brainer as the Tigers are the only team in contention. Will have the preview up on Wednesday.
My two young fellas are getting into their Lions gear in readiness for their big clash against the Keilor Devils this morning.

Last edited:
Hahaha . This one is a no brainer as the Tigers are the only team in contention. Will have the preview up on Wednesday.
My two young fellas are getting into their Lions gear in readiness for their big clash against the Keilor Devils this morning.

Tell the boys no after game chips unless they both have one Dustylike fend off. They dont need to get the oppo kid sitting on his arse...just have that look in the eyes...WTF happened there.

I didn’t see much of Miles today, but from where I was standing it was hard to make out the blokes doing the in and under stuff.

You may not have seen Miles, but I bet when we look at the stats, he has high 20s or even 30+. A usual Miles game I thought.

Tell the boys no after game chips unless they both have one Dustylike fend off. They dont need to get the oppo kid sitting on his arse...just have that look in the eyes...WTF happened there.

You may not have seen Miles, but I bet when we look at the stats, he has high 20s or even 30+. A usual Miles game I thought.

On the website there was an interview with Xavier Clarke who said that Miles got 20 disposals.

Their big Sister is having he 21st today , so plenty of good tucker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately can't get vision of the whole game, but did get to watch about a quarter and a half. Based on what I saw Menadue and Markov look great coming off HB and are developing a real connection, constantly looking for each other as they switch the ball out of the back line. Didn't see a heap of Corey, but did see the hard run and contested mark that set up his goal, also noticed Miles working hard in the same piece of play, speaking of Miles, he was doing his usual in and under work, but it wasn't the standout type of game that he is capable of. Have noticed a real change in Chol this year as others have mentioned he is attacking the contest more and is starting to impose himself on the game more. Still has the odd moment where he channels McGuane and completely stuffs up the basics, but I'll take that when he is doing more good that bad.

Just on Brandon Ellis, it looks like he is going to struggle to get his spot back. The back line at senior level looks better than ever and everyone is in fine form, his option could be transitioning back to the wing, but it would appear that McIntosh Grigg Conca Edwards are well ahead of him in that role as well.

brandon will be at norf next year, going to take nahas’ old number
Brando played a lot of games in the firsts. Difficult to maintain the consistency. Doesn't sound like he's tearing it up in the VFL but he's contracted till 2019. Interesting.

Last edited:
Was at the Beacy ground yesterday, saw everything from the end of first quarter to get final siren. Menadue played with near class. And I agree with most observations already posted. Though, one thing I’d like to add is the pressure around the ball and stoppages by Anthony Miles. His in-and-under efforts were pretty fierce. He pulls the trigger and bowls straight through the wall of thick hands and bodies to provide presence in the packs. Loved most of his work on the day, even though at times the view was difficult.

Also, BEllis looks to be struggling with form. There were a few times inside defensive fifty (I think), where he wasn’t putting his body on the line, or, avoiding opposition body contact to get the through ball (who knows). Not sure what others thought of his body efforts on the day, but on the whole, he looked sub-par. Open to other observations, as I couldn’t get a good view all the times.

Last edited:
Sounds like Brandi ain’t the kind who responds so well to a dropping

You’d think a premiership player languishing in the twos while his mates ride the train would be itching to get back in

Sorry for the player, but glad people are seeing it for what it is.

Sounds like Brandi ain’t the kind who responds so well to a dropping

You’d think a premiership player languishing in the twos while his mates ride the train would be itching to get back in
I think he s trying hard enough , just not clicking for him , dropped a mark I thought he should have taken. A poor pass on another occasion however he made up when he got it back again , Made some decent chases , not doubting his effort

Not sure if I feel sorry for that Freeman or not because I know nothing about him except he has copped a lot of injuries. First game back for while, concrete head Morris comes through at 1000 kph and takes him out and wrecks his shoulder. Was like a blur on the screen from right to left.
Was an awesome hit by morro

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy VFL - Roast, Toast and Discussion (Coburg Lions next week)

Back