VFL VFL v Essendon - Sunday April 23rd @ Vic Park. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a brilliant win! Almost switched it off when Silvagni popped a shoulder. But what amazing grit and determination from the boys especially being so undersized.

Filthy maggot umps did all they could to keep the Dons in it. Sucked in!

The full ground press in the 2nd half was unbelievable. I don’t know what Fly said or did in the huddle, or maybe he handed around the Wizz Fizz. But wow.

JC is an absolute JET. Banging down the door for a senior gig with that performance. A class above today.

Plane Airplane GIF

Damn good win that, Carmichael showing exactly what he can do, Nev Jetta holding the backs together and finally Murley showing something in the last quarter.
Murley showed something and his best position appears on-ball. Still has some way to go and may not be enough because ultimately, there are going to be at least three departures come the end of the season. But that was a win with mostly VFL players given our injury list.

Murley showed something and his best position appears on-ball. Still has some way to go and may not be enough because ultimately, there are going to be at least three departures come the end of the season. But that was a win with mostly VFL players given our injury list.
Agree, think Murley, Draper are in danger of being delisted along with Kelly. The VFL listed players did very well this week, I like Glover and the VFL Wilson.

I hope JC like Fin is a “seconds” star and can’t make it in the big time but good strong game.
JC and Finn are 2 stalwarts for our future midfield IMO. Along with Allan who oozes class off a wing. I have great faith in all 3.

Early days. It’s a bloody hard midfield to crack into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Carmichael. In. It's promising to see both him and Fin performing well. Could potentially be the next midfield duo.

Meanwhile, Harrison is going to need to do a bit in the next few matches. He's moved up the rankings to be delisted.
I’d like Harrison to get more midfield time but his hamstrings probably can’t take it.

Any poster feeling flat after that win either didn’t watch the full game, or needs to check for a pulse.

I always feel it bodes well for the seniors when our magoos get up. Especially on Anzac weekend.

Carn’a Woods!
They really lifted after half-time.
Nev Jetta & Carmy really led the way, but lots better second & third efforts all over the park. Will get a few more back after the bye, including Begg, Draper, probably Macrae, Ryan & Kelly, so good one to win today.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL v Essendon - Sunday April 23rd @ Vic Park. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back