Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

If what you are saying is true and will result in players immediately going to the tribunal for incidental head contact then that just opens a pandoras box of countless incidents in every game where head contact is routine. I doubt that is the intention of the rule. If so. Its tippy rules. Not Aussie Rules.
Gimme a break -

I’m quoting Joey Montagnia on First Crack, Fox Footy, this evening.

He reckons he’s gone for a week.

King reckons precedent has two players getting off in similar circumstances.

Don’t shoot the messenger - wait for the outcome. 👋👋👋

I am not pretending any rule is not there.
What I am saying is that he did not "initiate head contact". Intentionally.
Apparently the last two player s charged w similar to Heeneys likely charge got downgraded it to the tribunal.

The shot he had in the second had the worst ball drop I’ve ever seen from a person over 14. He literally dropped it and he connected with the ball east west rather than north south.

Look I can't defend the goal kicking and I wanted to drop him earlier in the year , but I think dropping him now would be very reactionary and undo all the patience.

I wouldn't be rushing Mills or Parker, at least week in the VFL first....especially Mills who's coming back from a significant injury.
I would rotate some of the bottom 6 though, need to find that right mix and make sure our next tier have got some game time under their belt if needed. The bottom 6 is so critical to the flag chances, and the bottom 3-4 of that are generally quite interchangeable, so use the ones in form.

Gimme a break -

I’m quoting Joey Montagnia on First Crack, Fox Footy, this evening.

He reckons he’s gone for a week.

King reckons precedent has two players getting off in similar circumstances.

Don’t shoot the messenger - wait for the outcome. 👋👋👋
That's a laugh. Quoting Joe Mantagna. His opinion is not even worth listening to. At the start of the year he did not even rate us. He is a joke of an expert at anything. If he reckons he is gone for a week I am confident he won't.

King talks sense.

If you continue to quote Montagna I might have to shoot you. :D

I think that element has drifted - not sure why. Didn’t see him in the back line today.
I was referring to tackling and pressure around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking, Max King being out really hurt us
Geelong got better when Hawkins went out.

We got better when Buddy went out.

St Kilda got better when King went out.

Teams that focus too high a proportion of entires on a key forward don’t seem as successful in the modern game.

It’s why players like Ben Brown have quickly become redundant.

I wouldn't be rushing Mills or Parker, at least week in the VFL first....especially Mills who's coming back from a significant injury.
I would rotate some of the bottom 6 though, need to find that right mix and make sure our next tier have got some game time under their belt if needed. The bottom 6 is so critical to the flag chances, and the bottom 3-4 of that are generally quite interchangeable, so use the ones in form.
We had the right mix. We only started chopping and changing those bottom players in the past few weeks which is when we've been playing average footy. Pretty much since Roberts was given the flick.

When we were on fire up until the bye Horse kept saying we still had 'things' to improve on. Tbh I don't think we had anything left to improve on, we were red lining. Sometimes you gotta just let it be. I have no doubt the coaches have tried to focus on specific things which have thrown other things in our game off. I don't think Mills and Parker is the answer, especially parker. I think we just need to go back to our pre bye setup and gameplan and just let the latter part of the year playout with that theme + the addition of Mills.

We badly miss Cunners. We've lost the 2 games since he was injured. Would have been the difference in both games.

Our pressure was abysmal.

Warner's self-indulgence costs the team and takes away from his game.

Hayward is playing injured.He is not alone.

North will be favorites to win next week.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

We badly miss Cunners. We've lost the 2 games since he was injured. Would have been the difference in both games.

North are so far from not being favourites it’s not funny.

Probably been brought up already but the pressure is well down, absolutely zero tackle pressure especially inside forward 50. Will be interesting to see what Longmire does but think this 2 game slide is the perfect time to switch things up and give some guys a good old kick up the backside. Think Wicks could do with a game in the twos tbh i know he was decent for 3 quarters last week but its now like the last month he has been down on most key indicators for a pressure forward. Personally i would bring Parker in and either play him as a pressure forward or play him as a medium marking forward and let Hayward do all the pressure work

lol @ North being favourites.

We are currently paying $1.06.

Melksham played his first game of footy in a year for the Dees today and was fine.

Mills and Parker can come straight in.

I know you won't complain, but imagine the outrage if Horse picks both and they look rusty and north win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back