Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

From my vantage point Heens tried to push off him & got it a little wrong.
Marked it & goalef but the hysteria will get him a week & we’ll contest.
I say give the guy a rest & make the others work their arses off for their spots in the team in the finals.

Too many passengers these last 4 week.
Send a messsge & reward some sort of good form in the reserves.
Fox & Roberts came back in but to be honest, I didn’t think they stood out in the reserves game last week.
We missed Cunningham on Higgins today.
Higgins always does a number on Us but I agree wholeheartedly give him a rest and let the other blokes riding on his coat tails earn their keep. Rowbottom aside who not great today but never fails to pull his weight.

Last edited:

Higgins always does a number but I agree wholeheartedly give him a rest and let the other blokes riding on his coat tails earn their keep. Rowbottom aside who not great today but never fails to pull his weight.
Rowie is a beauty.
Sacrifice one, educate a thousand.
9 goals 3 weeks ago.
Zero since.
Amartey offered not much in the air.
Reward a forward getting the job done in the twos. Even for list integrity sake.
I don’t know the answer but some of those guys need to know they can get a game with hard work & the senior regulars need to know they aren’t going to be gifted games after poor ones.

From my vantage point Heens tried to push off him & got it a little wrong.
Marked it & goalef but the hysteria will get him a week & we’ll contest.
I say give the guy a rest & make the others work their arses off for their spots in the team in the finals.

Too many passengers these last 4 week.
Send a messsge & reward some sort of good form in the reserves.
Fox & Roberts came back in but to be honest, I didn’t think they stood out in the reserves game last week.
We missed Cunningham on Higgins today.
Heeney's hands/arms were not high. Both players were grappling. Heeney's eyes were forward. He was attempting to get free. The fact that Heeney's arms/hands were low suggests it was incidental contact (not that I can discern any contact) if anything. A football act.

My four things

1. Stop opposition momentum
2. Pinch the tight games
3. Rest players (Reward 2s performance)
4. Forward pressure

The slow starts don't bother me so much. It's a marathon, not a sprint, but we need to be able to put on bursts of pressure on demand to halt teams' momentum.

Tackles inside 50 is usually a good indicator of forward pressure. Sydney 4. StKilda 11. That's not good enough

My four things

1. Stop opposition momentum
2. Pinch the tight games
3. Rest players (Reward 2s performance)
4. Forward pressure

The slow starts don't bother me so much. It's a marathon, not a sprint, but we need to be able to put on bursts of pressure on demand to halt teams' momentum.

Tackles inside 50 is usually a good indicator of forward pressure. Sydney 4. StKilda 11. That's not good enough

Yep its all factored in the pressure rating they put up on the screen we been cruising at 150 the past few weeks.

I take full responsibility for the last two weeks. I always make a point of watching the first bounce, but last week I accidentally rebooted my modem just before the game and missed the first five minutes (or about 4 Freo goals). This week I didn't feel like watching the game and I certainly wasn't going to have my life ruled by some stupid superstition. I apologise unreservedly to the club, the fans, the players and the gods.
Haha, I was going to confess that I've only been to two games this year, Richmond and St Kilda. But if you want to be the fall guy for the losses instead, go for it!

Heeney's hands/arms were not high. Both players were grappling. Heeney's eyes were forward. He was attempting to get free. The fact that Heeney's arms/hands were low suggests it was incidental contact (not that I can discern any contact) if anything. A football act.
Except the AFL has specifically stated fwds who initiate head high contact in one on one contests in order to gain separation should be assessed as ‘intentional rather than careless’.

As per Fox First Crack - 20 mins ago.

He’s up.

Good news is last two players on this charge have got off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Adams was a fitness or workload issue he really should have been out there from the 1st bounce. Made a big difference in the centre clearances which we looked poor in all game up until that point. Just seemed a strange coaching call. Looking forward to Parker and Mills being available.
Ditto. Lost it in the middle. I was baffled as to why he didn't come into play earlier. He had immediate effect

The club recognised this reality and were preparing Parker to play more HF this year. I think it's definitely worth a look especially given our mini slump.

He was playing VFL before he got rubbed out , wasn't being prepared for anything

I know he wasn’t alone but that was Wicks’ most fumbly game of the year. Butchered a few opportunities with dropped marks and fumbles. His tackling seems down too.

He got it a bit more than I thought, but he didn't apply much pressure , fell over a bit too

Except the AFL has specifically stated fwds who initiate head high contact in one on one contests in order to gain separation should be assessed as ‘intentional rather than careless’.

As per Fox First Crack - 20 mins ago.

He’s up.

Good news is last two players on this charge have got off.
The wording "initiate head contact" in one on one contests. I would argue that Heeney did not. The other player had his head low and had a duty of care to protect himself. How Heeney's actions could be considered as intentional head contact when his arms/hands were low AND his eyes were forward could in anyway be construed to be "intentional". He was not even looking at the player and his arms/hands were not head high.

Amartey was a god a few weeks ago now we want him dropped ?

Be surprised if it happens , given how they have managed the three talls through the ups and downs .

unless he rushes Mills back probably won't see a change. Adams will start though

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back