Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker needs to get VFL form and pace, as his lack of speed would have been exposed today.

Not entirely sure it was pace that got us today. St Kilda mids were just extremely hard at the ball and better at the ground ball. Rowbottom who usually excels in that area seemed quiet and Heeney was also off. The coal face was the issue so I reckon a fresh Parker might have actually helped.

Second half was just clockwork, we miss or turn it over in our forward 50 and it results in a goal down the other end. Really flat that we weren't able to fix up that area after the loss to Freo.

Well why not
We are not winning

Yes we lost two games, by a total of 3 points, today was embarrassing because the opposition are crap.

But we Are still 2 clear and you dont go dropping them unless you have too, especially structural players.

I am as pissed off and worried as you, but Amartey Mclean and Mcdonald looked dangerous today, they wasted their chances though.

But Reid Hamling etc arent doing any better IMO.

Maybe I will be wrong and Horse drops half the side.

But if he drops the guys who actually cost us the most it would be people like Gulden Warner, Blakey, Rampe, Mccartin and that would be crazy too, Papley, Hayward.
the leaders,

For better or worse the core of the side is out there, they are 13-3, the loss stings and in its aftermath its alarming, especially two in a row, but yeah not sure my point.

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, you thank god Carlton, Collingwood etc pissed games away two, reluctantly accept the opposition was better and work harder.

I thought Grundy was very poor for the second week in a row. He got well beaten in the ruck and was ineffective around the ground. And it's frustrating how he never takes contested marks.
Yeah, Looked to be labouring like he's had a corkie, back injury or something he can't shake off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s great hearing how the boys love playing with each other when they sign a contract. How about loving playing for the club. How about loving playing for a premiership. This bunch of absolute pea hearts gave up in the last quarter. Stopped running, couldn’t be bothered manning up. Watched and waited for their teammate to do what they should have done themselves. It was a cowardly performance. Horse got outcoached again by Ross ****ing Lyon. Sub off a small when we are lacking run. Failing to do anything about 29 who ran around doing as he pleased for the whole game. Seriously don’t care if we win the flag, Longmire needs to either wake up and realise you have to ****ing do something to bring about change. It doesn’t just magically happen.

Not entirely sure it was pace that got us today. St Kilda mids were just extremely hard at the ball and better at the ground ball. Rowbottom who usually excels in that area seemed quiet and Heeney was also off. The coal face was the issue so I reckon a fresh Parker might have actually helped.

The Parker I saw late last year and in the VFL this year isnt doing much today to help. This is the type of game he has been involved in plenty and did jack shit. like last year when Gulden saved us v Essendon

Im surprised it took this long for coaches to catch on.

Just play with "relentless pressure" kick accurately and your're a huge chance.

Just odd Sydney dont realise when they do it as well they win

This reminds me a lot of that match against Essendon in 2022 where we were up early and then lost a close one. I hope we also mimick the response following that loss.

Disappointing but absolutely no need to panic.

We’re two games clear on top of the ladder.

A percentage streets ahead of anyone else.

Our three losses this season have been by a whopping five points, one point, and two points.

Plenty of time to get back on our feet for September.
Glass half full.

Before last week the comp thought we could beat anyone. Now the comp is pretty sure we can lose to anyone.

Papley out on the full and Hayward slipping summed up the day.
Soon as Florent takes players on you know a turnover is coming. Can be a great player but his decision making isn’t strong.
If you're talking about the centre of the ground, he was tripped and should have had a free and the sloppy passage of play leading up to that moment was at fault.

I thought he took too long, but I think he did what he would have been told all week, to go back and take your time and back yourself
The thing was last week the umpire was in his ear the entire time that he should’ve been doing his ritual goal jig. I feel he’s trying to redeem himself, but he’s also putting too much pressure on himself.

This group are clearly extremely arrogant. Sounds harsh but let's remember Kinnear Beatson called one of our own players' performances arrogant on a podcast with an audience of thousands. And let's not pretend like Horse & co wouldn't be calling them a lot worse in the privacy of their coaches box.

They needed this loss to remember what makes this team great. It's not the highlights.
I don’t think arrogance had anything to do with today or last week. I am not sure how you can call that. Work rate was not up to speed and finishing not good. We pressured ourselves a number of times where there was no pressure. I think the weight of expectation is in their heads a little. We had very poor hands all game and didn’t cope when the pressure went up. Not arrogant, the desire was not as strong as the opposition. Calling one player arrogant and calling the whole group arrogant are different things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back