Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we lost two games, by a total of 3 points, today was embarrassing because the opposition are crap.

But we Are still 2 clear and you dont go dropping them unless you have too, especially structural players.

I am as pissed off and worried as you, but Amartey Mclean and Mcdonald looked dangerous today, they wasted their chances though.

But Reid Hamling etc arent doing any better IMO.

Maybe I will be wrong and Horse drops half the side.

But if he drops the guys who actually cost us the most it would be people like Gulden Warner, Blakey, Rampe, Mccartin and that would be crazy too, Papley, Hayward.
the leaders,

For better or worse the core of the side is out there, they are 13-3, the loss stings and in its aftermath its alarming, especially two in a row, but yeah not sure my point.

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, you thank god Carlton, Collingwood etc pissed games away two, reluctantly accept the opposition was better and work harder.
Yeah, good point. Let us have a sook and demand heads, we will get over it in a couple of days and see things from a better perspective.

With the exception of 2022 Geelong, most recent premiers have had a late season form slump before getting it together for finals.

Hope to see a ruthless performance against North next week.

Mills or Parker back in the middle next week, can't ask Heeney to do the in and under work all the time, Rowbottom can't carry the load on his own either. Need to tinker with the midfield and pull their heads in a bit, do the work. Wasn't a ;lot of run there today
Mills should be straight back in and if he’s not it is pathetic as the decision to let their *ing spare crucify us all day, pathetic as the decision to allow Liam Henry to look like Peter ****ing Matera and pathetic as the decision to start Adams as sub when it’s clear as the nose on your face that Heeney is as sore as *. Tipped this all week. Arrogance ? Tick. Playing shit side ? Tick. Loss ? Tick. As good as we think we are this year or as good as we have been in the past losses like this are in our ****ing DNA.

Out: Armatey, Wicks

In: anyone
Out: McLean, Grundy (rested) Heeney (rested),
In: Hamling, Ladhams, Parker?/ Mills?

Sub: Heeney ? or Someone knocking on the door from the 2s.

Adams back into starting lineup. Ladhams can play against Xerri and giving him a run will be good for him in case we need him as injury cover later on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting it in perspective, 27 scoring shots to 19 with 4 posters. They took their chances and we didn't take ours. Hard to conclude much beyond that other than a lot of our players are looking pretty tired and out of form compared with a few weeks ago. The list is pretty healthy and we have room to experiment with personnel and positioning to make sure things are functional come finals.

We learnt which issues are real.
  • Shitful starts You hoped for a better start after last week but nope. I still think this is the one that is mental and can be fixed and you'd hope that ****ing loss finally drums the ****ing point home..... but if we start like shit again next week it's a genuine thing. We're inviting the opposition into the game.
  • Shitful goal kicking - under a roof this was a real test. Winning has masked this but look at the numbers it's been shit all year. If they're not doing extras on this for the rest of the year it'll cost them a final.
  • Can't win one kick games when chasing. All the more reason to stop starting like garbage. Genuinely, there's a player I'd back to handle that pressure kick to put us infront late. It would half to come from in play, but we lose our heads when behind in the last 5 minutes and kick to dumb spots or were too slow to make decisions letting them flood back. I doubt we'll suddenly be able to handle the situation better in finals, so need to not let it get to that.

On this game particularly.
  • We did build a 29 point lead despite the start, terrible to cough it up, but we only play one nice burst here and there atm. Lot's of lairizing moments that cost us when we could've sealed it instead by just doing the simple thing.
  • The mindset early was terrible, no intent to put them under scoreboard pressure. We let them play their game....Campbell getting a free on the wing and doing a nothing 50m kick backwards highlighted the attitude, there was no switch on but went there anyway and we got henned in.
  • Worst display of handballing I have ever seen, absolutely no care shown. At AFL level how can a team be dishing up those sort of handballs.

Longer term
-Our pressure is a mile off atm, but at some stage you'd think we get it back.
-I said it while we were winning some of our bottom 6 need to be rotated through to make sure we have the right mix come September, there's a few that are very suspect. I know he's been suspended but **** no to some of these guys playing over a Luke Parker. Yep Wicks might bring a bit more pressure as a forward, but Parker will bring a lot more of everything else.

Wanna hope it’s a slump and we are not getting found out

So who is winning the flag then?

Which teams been perfect all year?

Not having a go but look at the list.

Blues pissed one away yesterday too, they were up by heaps

Dons, dockers have had shit losses, Pies, Dogs, Lions, cats

All of them,

Plenty of stop and prop. Stagnant. Give it to the first option.

11.16 and four posters. Had enough chances.
This happened often and stifled forward movement every time…

Ok.

Major, major cracks.

We have looked tired the last few weeks and that is through loose players everywhere for opp teams.

Forward line is looking dysfunctional post the bye.

Played well behind and largely unaccountable footy.

Maybe we did shoot our load too early? Who know but that was just a disappointing effort all round
The amount of times outnumbered at the drop of the ball was disgraceful. And in the end telling.

Wanna hope it’s a slump and we are not getting found out

Think the issues were there all season. Again a poor first quarter we were lucky to be even. Chad needs to pull his head in too way too often he goes for the 1 in 100 play.

Not entirely sure it was pace that got us today. St Kilda mids were just extremely hard at the ball and better at the ground ball. Rowbottom who usually excels in that area seemed quiet and Heeney was also off. The coal face was the issue so I reckon a fresh Parker might have actually helped.
Coal face def. was the issue - Grundy struggled and everything followed.

Heeney, Warner, Papley andGulden are not scrappers, they’re outside mids - Rowy can’t be left to do it single handed.

Wicks is not up to it and Jordan can’t be a tagger and in and under. Adams will certainly help - but we def. need another hard nut.

I think Mills or Parker will make a big difference.

Only 40 tackles is pathetic. Same story of lack of pressure and poor goal kicking.

We have a run coming up of lions @ the Gabba, dogs, port @ adelaide, pies then Essendon @ marvel. Wonder how many we drop
Too far away from their players.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Couldn't be happier that the result went the way it did today. The best team on the day deserved to win and did.
If the Swans wanted to win that match they needed to kick one or two straight at the start of the second half and killed it off. Instead they let the Saints back in with poor goal kicking. Poor goal kicking is poor football.
Felt sorry for Blakey with that horrible slip in the last, that turnover ended up being a 12 point goal. He would've been so gutted.

Amartey has kicked 1 goal in the last 3 since Adelaide. Needs to be more consistent than that.

I liked that McDonald took it upon himself to kick the goal. Wasn’t a bad kick unlike others.

Poor on front of goals and around the ground.

Just shows winning away from home isn’t easy.
Armatey just isn’t that good.

Ben Ronke kicked 8 once.

We simply cannot lock the ball in attacking 50.

And the whole “Wicks applies manic pressure” thing is a complete myth.

Change is needed.

It’s great hearing how the boys love playing with each other when they sign a contract. How about loving playing for the club. How about loving playing for a premiership. This bunch of absolute pea hearts gave up in the last quarter. Stopped running, couldn’t be bothered manning up. Watched and waited for their teammate to do what they should have done themselves. It was a cowardly performance. Horse got outcoached again by Ross ****ing Lyon. Sub off a small when we are lacking run. Failing to do anything about 29 who ran around doing as he pleased for the whole game. Seriously don’t care if we win the flag, Longmire needs to either wake up and realise you have to ****ing do something to bring about change. It doesn’t just magically happen.
****ing lazy they are. Burst football isn’t going to win a premiership. Hard work does

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back