Which side is closer to a premiership - Carlton or Essendon?

Which club is closer to a flag - Carlton or Essendon?

• Carlton

Votes: 169 49.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 75 22.1%
  • Neither in next 10 ywars

Votes: 96 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rare? Every 2nd Melbourne loss for the last 5 years has been similar.

U guys were just long bombing it over and over again to our talls without ever really looking dangerous. Jones Wright Stringer and Langford didn't get going at any point in the game due to how poor the entries were.

Probably why there were so many easy rushed behinds too

If this was entirely true Essendon wouldn’t have taken more marks inside 50 than Carlton or lead the expected score stat.

It is true that Carlton were never really threatened on the scoreboard so any comments extrapolating it to Essendon should have one are stupid.

Clearly Carlton - significantly better key position stocks, better midfield (?) and better squad depth.

'almost unheard of' means it happens very rarely, with the last one a long time ago.

Eg when North hadn't beaten anyone, people were saying not winning in a whole season is almost unheard of. Hasn't happened since the 1960s.

Winning a game despite a large negative i50s differential is not 'almost unheard of'. Just looking at half a season, for the games involving one team, we've already found 3 examples.
I thought it was more about the marks inside 50 as opposed to the entries inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I did. I saw an inefficient essendon side lose to a more polished side Carlton side but you seem to think that being inefficient makes them "clearly" the better side on the night.
They had 34 midfield intercepts moving into attack and only scored 1 goal from them.
That won't happen again. They clearly let the Bloos off the hook.

Lmao troll gonna troll. Outside of 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter the Blues controlled that game with ease.
Did you even watch the game? I was - level 4 wing. Granted, the blues were much more polished particularly out of the backline, but the entire 3rd quarter was amateur hour by the number of blind kicks out of the backline straight to an Essendon players around 70 m out. The main difference was Carlton took their chances, especially early, whilst Essendon didn't. I'll be more concerned playing the cats in the final than your mob - by the length of the G.

They had 34 midfield intercepts moving into attack and only scored 1 goal from them.
That won't happen again. They clearly let the Bloos off the hook.

Carlton parked the bus against and held numbers in their d50 against one of the poorer contested marking forward lines in the comp.

Pretty smart strategy really

Did you even watch the game? I was - level 4 wing. Granted, the blues were much more polished particularly out of the backline, but the entire 3rd quarter was amateur hour by the number of blind kicks out of the backline straight to an Essendon players around 70 m out. The main difference was Carlton took their chances, especially early, whilst Essendon didn't. I'll be more concerned playing the cats in the final than your mob - by the length of the G.
Lmao you basically got beaten by TDK and Elijah Hollands mate... Get your hand off it.

Our best players lifted for about 10 minutes in the 4th quarter after you threw everything you had at us in the 3rd and it was lights out.

Essendon has some up and coming talent but the ease of which we scored against you with your full strength backline should have been the main take away from the night and a concern going forward.

Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay and Weitering all had meh nights and we still walked away with the points. Not sure I'd be too confident in a rematch if I was a Bombers fan.

You should be concerned by whether Essendon will merely make it to September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which side is closer to a premiership - Carlton or Essendon?

Back