Who would you trade for the Eagles 1st Round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

silver_and_sand

Cancelled
Dec 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Worsfold has said the Eagles consider their 1st round pick tradeable if there's an offer good enough. I was just curious who Crows supporters would consider trading for say pick 6?

Griffin + 2nd rounder? I dunno, not exactly a trade nut (nearly all of these discussions end up for nothing anyway).

I think Rendell said he only rated 5-6 people in the draft as normal first round status, so I guess pick 6 would be worth getting. Perhaps we'd even try to upgrade our first rounder and give you guys something.

I don't think Griffin + pick 28 or whatever is going to get us pick 6, but Griffin + pick 10 (for example) seems a bit much to pay for pick 6. I guess if, in Rendell's mind, pick 10 is only as good as a second rounder in a normal year, it might be something to consider.

Can't think of many players I really want to trade.

Sounds like Porps is the type of player the Eagles are after but there is no way we'd let him leave at the moment.

Woosha also stipulated that their preference was for a high quality forward. We don't have any of those that we're prepared to relinquish right now.

All the speculation on the D&T board is about Chris Yarran & Cyril Rioli. I can't help wondering if he's actually targeting someone like Roughead - they have an abundance of small/mid sized forwards, but are lacking in the KPP department. Hansen & McKinley look like asking to be traded and I don't rate Lynch as a forward. That leaves them rather short of tall forward options.

Richy Douglas and our 2nd rounder? That probably wouldn't be enough so maybe Dougie and Griffin? I'd love to see another young gun into the fold and I don't think Rendell will be able to pull ANOTHER one out of the bag.

I posted this to the other board without a response so I thought I'd see what you guys thought. BTW long time reader first time poster :)

The way Worsfold sounded in the article was they want a top line small forward (so do we), thus we don't have one, I doubt our frindge players will get it done.

I doubt there's anyone on our list Woosha had an eye on when he made those comments and I'm not even convinced he had anyone in mind at all. Seems like he was prompted.

I'd certainly consider trading Porps for 6 very strongly, but I doubt WCE would take it and I doubt the club is gonna put it to Porps.

I doubt there's anyone on our list Woosha had an eye on when he made those comments and I'm not even convinced he had anyone in mind at all. Seems like he was prompted.

I'd certainly consider trading Porps for 6 very strongly, but I doubt WCE would take it and I doubt the club is gonna put it to Porps.
I'd cry a river if they traded the Porpoise!

Don't ever do it AFC. Never ever. Never ever Ever ever.

Am I being clear?

We'd never get a player better than Porplyzia with pick 6, so why bother?

Maybe we could trade Walker. Let them deal with his defensive pressure issues and all it would cost us is an SANFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worsfold has said the Eagles consider their 1st round pick tradeable if there's an offer good enough. I was just curious who Crows supporters would consider trading for say pick 6?

The market isn’t deep enough to sell this year. Hypothetically we trade a ‘Johncock’ or a ‘Walker’ we wouldn’t receive anything close to value in return. Last year maybe but as the market is low not a good year to sell a player commodity.

It would be a very good year to buy a player but not to sell one, not of value anyway.

In a stronger draft year I would consider that. But not this draft.

The best response you're going to get on BF - regardless of club - is:

Fringe player/BigFooty forum whipping boy + 2nd round draft pick.

There is no chance in hell of anyone getting a hold of West Coasts first round pick. The article was more about if a Nick Riewoldt wanted a trade then West Coast are willing to give up their first round pick.

So basically we would have to give WC Tippett in order to try and get that first round pick.

In an unrelated trade I would be happy if Adelaide traded Griffin for Seaby. Seaby is 25 Griffin 23 and both havent really had a chance in 09. I think a new environmnet and a huge preseason under both belts, it could turn out to be one of those rare win/wins.

I said "I (as in me, guy on the internet with no influence or power on the decision making processes at the AFC, perhaps for the good of the world) would consider (as in; to ponder, evaluate, hypothetically imagine) trading Porplyzia for #6.

In a stronger draft year I would consider that. But not this draft.

Noted and long considered, but I think the kind of players available 1-10 are actually comparable from my amateur chair. Certainly more 'speculative' picks than previously but I'd take some of them over Hartlett, Hurley, Yarran. Dusty Martin is the kind of player that really appeals to me for example and I'd imagine/guess Rendell will have him quite highly rated as well. Also, I think that the ceilings of the first ten picks could be far higher than previous years.

Also remember although this draft is shallow and a little thin in parts, it'll be the last (good) chance we get to really get our hands on top tier talent for 3 years. A clever trade to get our hands on a superb young player in this age bracket could really set us up for years to come.

As for Porplyzia, I'm just gonna to go straight to the negatives about his value as a player - we all know his positives, but let's leave that for game day threads:
- Does not have the tank to move permanently into the midfield, or when he does he can't crack 80% TOG
- Perpetual injury problems, especially with his shoulder and it inhibits his form as we've seen this year and at the end of last year
- Despite being a very handy forward he's more of a marking/leading forward rather than a crumber, which doesn't entirely suit his 178cm height nor our needs

But again, as I said, he's a tremendous player, has won games of his own back and it would be damaging to the culture to trade a quiet home-grown player insterstate for an unknown kid. Plus WCE wouldn't take it.

Plus WCE wouldn't take it.
They'd take it in a millisecond!

Every single club, player and supporter in the competition rates Porplyzia exceptionally highly.

Probably only behind Tippett and Dangerfield on other clubs 'wish list' of our players.

As for Porplyzia, I'm just gonna to go straight to the negatives about his value as a player - we all know his positives, but let's leave that for game day threads:
- Does not have the tank to move permanently into the midfield, or when he does he can't crack 80% TOG
- Perpetual injury problems, especially with his shoulder and it inhibits his form as we've seen this year and at the end of last year
- Despite being a very handy forward he's more of a marking/leading forward rather than a crumber, which doesn't entirely suit his 178cm height nor our needs

Agree with most of this except this, he hasn't had one full proper pre season yet with us (and yes I know this points to the injury problems) but I would like to see him have a full injury free uninterrupted pre season first before I make judgement on that.

We don't really have anything that other teams would REALLY want, and I can't think of any player to trade, we have a good list, lets not **** with it too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back