• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that I'm seeing several people mention in different places that this year's draft isn't that strong

We are locked into pick 5 now after last night's result, and that slides down to 6 with Ashcroft going to Brisbane

If we somehow didn't get the Rankine deal done, or we don't trade this year's first, I'd be very very happy to walk away with one of Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatsas, Clark (people wouldn't like this pick as much because of his size, but his quality is too much to pass up in my opinion - you just pick a guy like him and move the rest of your team around him), or Phillipou as our pick 6. Potentially add Humphrey to this list as that mid/fwd goalkicking type.

I'd then throw a blanket over guys like Busslinger, Mackenzie, Cadman, Jefferson (and potentially Hewett, and one or two others), that I wouldn't say no to in a potential trade down scenario.

Next year's initial SANFL Squad (U17's) includes 20 U16's getting fast tracked..see *

2022 SANFL U17 Future Squad​

PLAYER (* DENOTES U16 PLAYER)SANFL CLUB
Jayden MatzCentral
Trent TattoliCentral
Will McCabeCentral
Liam FawcettCentral
James Noack*Central
Riley McDonald*Central
Ben RidgwayGlenelg
Ashton MoirGlenelg
Harry FrancisGlenelg
Bodie RyanGlenelg
Ryan WurfelGlenelg
Eli RedmanGlenelg
Lucas Camporeale*Glenelg
Brock Summerhayes*Glenelg
Kallan Bevan*Glenelg
Kane McAuliffeNorth
Luke HarveyNorth
Jed DignanNorth
Angus TullyNorth
Tom Stevens*North
Louie Montgomerie*North
PJ Carlin*North
Will RowlandsNorwood
Grant CatalanoNorwood
Logan EvansNorwood
Brayden RachwalNorwood
Jacob JonesNorwood
Jacon Newton*Norwood
Jack DeleanSouth
Tom WheatonSouth
Ryan PearsonsSouth
Blake RodriguesSouth
Sid Draper*South
Phoenix Hargrave*South
Jake Agnew*South
Benny Barrett*South
Luca SladeSturt
Alex HoltSturt
Loch RawlinsonSturt
George PopeSturt
Chad ReschkeSturt
Thomas McCourtSturt
Fraser GreavesSturt
Finn WakelinSturt
Ted NewmanSturt
Ned Atkinson*Sturt
Alex Dodson*Sturt
Cameron Kelly*Sturt
Will PattonWest
Max DownsWest
Charlie HaysmanWest
Oscar TalbotWest
Justin HansenWest
Jack OatesWest
Sam Burbridge*West
Pat WeckertWoodville-West Torrens
Jedd ThomsonWoodville-West Torrens
Oscar PearceWoodville-West Torrens
Callum FairallWoodville-West Torrens
Riley DaveyWoodville-West Torrens
Brody MairWoodville-West Torrens
Tom Luck*Woodville-West Torrens
Tyler Welsh*Woodville-West Torrens
Kade Herbert*Woodville-West Torrens
Eli Redman is Mason Redman's younger brother. Worth keeping an eye on

Tsatas is the player I like and would be perfect for us but he would probably be gone before our first pick even if we don't trade this pick for rankine. Tsatas is a big bodied mid who plays inside and outside and have has quick acceleration from the stoppage.

Tsatas is the player I like and would be perfect for us but he would probably be gone before our first pick even if we don't trade this pick for rankine. Tsatas is a big bodied mid who plays inside and outside and have has quick acceleration from the stoppage.
What's his kicking like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking can be a little inconsistent but he's not a bad kick. He has real power and knows how to find the footy.

The other player who maybe of interest to us is brayden George.
Brayden played today in his 1st game back for the Bushies today kicked a goal in the 1st quarter, watched the game off and on after the 1st quarter and can't say I saw him after that. Believe he may have sat the 2nd half out.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Tsatsas will be gone by our first pick so I’d look to trade that out for 2 late first, trade one for Rankine and keep the other.
Problem is you need to do that before the draft to get Rankine, then what happens if Tsatas is still there?

Best to trade the 23/1st for him.

Will Verrall : 23 Disposals, 16 Kicks, 7 Handballs, 3 Marks (2contested), 3 Tackles, 43 Hit Outs, 9 Clearances, 4 i50's, 1 r50, 0.1

Harry Barnett : 14 Disposals, 10 Kicks, 4 Handballs, 6 Marks (2 contested), 1 Tackle, 25 Hit Outs, 3 Clearances, 5 i50's, 0 r50's, 0.0
You would hope Verrall does well when he is playing against all these undersized under agers. Like last week out at Centrals as well against Matz
Was he up against Oscar Pearce who is only 194 cm this week ?

You would hope Verrall does well when he is playing against all these undersized under agers. Like last week out at Centrals as well against Matz
Was he up against Oscar Pearce who is only 194 cm this week ?
Did pretty bloody well well in his one and only game at the Nationals from limited opportunities in ruck.

He also rucked against 19 year old Jonte Hunter-Price yesterday as well who is a big boy and towelled him as well.

Fine you're a big fan of Barnett, understandable when he's had a lot more exposure this season but only due to Verrall's injury status coming into the season.
Off of very limited game time especially in the ruck Verrall has a National Combine invite so obviously the recruiters rate him enough to want to see how he tests and interviews.

Unfortunately Barnett didn't play when South played West but he towelled the 3 they put up against him Tom Scully, Harry Lemmey and Alex Curtis who are all big tall lads.

I’m pretty sure Tsatsas will be gone by our first pick so I’d look to trade that out for 2 late first, trade one for Rankine and keep the other.
Wouldn't say it's a certainty at this point

North are a pretty big wild card I'd say - on one hand, they took Phillips over McDonald. But, on the other hand, they are absolutely screaming out for KP players - especially now that Zurhaar is rumoured to be a 50/50 chance to return.

Wouldn't surprise me if they took Cadman at 2, or even Busslinger - both purely out of need - even if it's considered a slight reach (although Cadman may not be considered a reach for some). Trading back may also be a scenario for them

You'd think a full time mid or mid/fwd would be silly at this point, unless you're pretty sure JHF will walk out the door. LDU and JHF are your 'Oliver and Petracca' and then they've got Phillips to come back (who could be another star in his own right), plus Simpkin, Powell, Thomas, etc.

A purely hypothetical top 6 I could see right now as being:

1.Brisbane - Ashcroft

2. North - Cadman (or another KP player, or a trade back)

3. West Coast - Wardlaw (best player available in a premium position that would be an upgrade or need for them. They just need to stack as many 'best players available' as they can over the next few years.)

4. GWS - Sheezel or Tsatsas? Would they surprise some and either take a Jefferson here, or trade back for him? (look set in their backline with Taylor, Himmelberg, Aleer, Haynes, Ash, etc. Still pretty good in the midfield with Coniglio, Kelly, Green, Callaghan despite losing likely Taranto, Hopper and Bruhn but could still choose to replenish. Could definitely use a forward upgrade, especially with Hill likely on the way out)

5. Essendon - Whoever is left of Tstatsas and Sheezel? But I could also see them going after Humphrey depending on how high clubs see him come draft time, or even Mackenzie here given he's 187cm with the tools he has (have been wanting a bigger bodied mid for years, demonstrated by their pursuit of dunkley and others, but could also definitely use speed in the mid to offset Parish and Hobbs. Also have been pretty keen on a small fwd over the last few years, and especially seems the case since they wanted to offer Rankine that huge contract)

6. Would leave us with a choice of one of Sheezel, Tsatsas, Clark, Humphrey or Phillipou

What about Wardlaw, or do you think your midfield is more than adequate?

I think we’ve got enough to develop there and I think he will slide slightly with 4 hamstrings in a single year.

He fits well at West Coast imo.

I think we will take Sheezel or Tsitas. Both offer a good POD to what we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back