Autopsy RND 15: "Another 100+ Loss" Negatives v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I REALLY REALLY hope the club has appropriate psychology / counselling arrangements in place for their players and staff but somehow I seriously doubt it.

Nesbit probably doesn’t want to spend money on it because he somehow financially benefits from every penny the club saves
They actually employed one in the off season.

On a Posative note but not related exactly to the game.
The next podcast... HoneyBadger35 clip of Keys saying we dont historically lsoe by much, will be brilliant!
I almost said 189 points but I thought with our ins that was a bit pessimistic!

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN
Nesbett

Gepp

Gaff

The gap between our side and the league standard is insane. Sydney were 15th for crying out loud.

Yup the integrity of the competition is now in question every time we play. You cannot have a team regularly get smashed like that week in week out.

To have 200 points kicked against you is unforgivable and it will be talked about for years.

Simmo has to go it's obvious now that he cannot get this group to perform at the required level for a AFL professional team. There was enough senior players /talentout there today to keep the score below 200.

People say what is a new coach going to do ???? well we don't know if we don't give it a go. That is where the club is at atm.

Give it to Schofield Knights...don't care in the interim and look for the best possible coach to develop this list.

Negatives -

• Way too many passengers.
  • Sheed's piss weak defensive efforts. Absolutely F*ck all defensive accountability.
  • Defensive accountability as a team as a whole.
  • Too many witches hats while Sydney were streaming down whenever they had it on half back.
  • Disposals poor even from senior players.
  • Credits gang bar Yeo and Shuey were horrible.
  • Priddis Is Done should seriously change his name to Gaff Is Done since Gaff looks even more cooked than Priddis in his final season.
  • J.Williams injury.
  • Efforts were poor overall.
  • Most state league teams will destroy us coz that's how bad we are.

Meh =

=
SPS played with injury but tried.
= Chesser looked ok.
= Petch tried rebounding but they were times that he lacked class with his disposal.
= Kelly was good but turned the ball over too much.

Positives +

• Pick 1 looking certain especially if North win which they likely will win two games.
  • Great signs from Ginbey and Hewitt.
  • Shuey and Yeo trying to will the team.
  • Barrass did well holding the backline together.
  • Hunt tried with his rebounding.
  • Allen and Darling made the most of the limited opportunities.

Final thoughts.

The club has got be even worse than Carlton in 2018 and this has to be the worst WCE side in it's history. I'm sure most state league side would beat us and it's clear that there's a gap between us and 17th. North have been more competitive than us and looking at other matches, it's clear that all of those teams are miles ahead of us. To be fair the club has never done well at the SCG and has never matched up well against the Swans but today was one of the worst efforts ever.

I never thought I’d say this.

This playing group do not care.

They knew what was on the line after the Crows game, they knew we needed to see they care. All the senior boys in the team…. They don’t care. So why should I?

I can handle losing, I expect losses and even heavy ones but at least I can hold my head high if they try, if the effort is there.

Never been more embarrassed by this football club than today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch 1 second of this game. Got better things to do in my life. Although saying that I'd rather do something like pinning nails though my scrotom than watching this team right now.

Heads have to roll. This is the worst AFL side in the history of the game

Meh I watched every second, because I was sitting at the Dom Sheed End for the 2018 GF. Five years later, I'll drink catastrophic amounts of homebrew while watching him squib it up in an all-time awful team because that's what makes the good times even sweeter.

I honestly think we've got many pieces of our next great side in place. Ginbey, Long, Bazzo, Hewett and Hough are all class and will be great, but they're utterly ill-equipped to deal with the shambles around them right now. We just need to sack the hell out of Simmo and Nesbitt, draft Reid, and reload. This is genuinely ****ing bleak right now though.

Not even angry anymore have moved into acceptance.

Thought petch gave us some good run from defence . Like Jones needs to tidy his kicking but he actually found a fair bit of ball and defended well .

Ginbey tries hard but needs time

Hewett shows glimpses of that burst of speed

Shuey tried hard but he sprayed so many kicks . Kelly's kicking is atrocious.

Those 2 were our prime movers today and just hacked it forward to no one constantly. No method at all and from 2 senior players .

Sheed can't be offered another contract. He is already too slow for afl .

Ledwards same as sheed

Gaff is done . Needs to hang up the boots or be prepared to play wafl .

Witherden 🤦 just **** him off . Can't defend can't kick its really bad because he gets so much ball .

Need to just gut about 12 players at seasons end that are not afl standard and try anyone else who looks afl standard . Pick up fringe players from higher clubs for late picks , free agents, pre season draft some club (Port) and trade some salary cap space for players / picks .

I coach basketball and you get a wide variety of playing types - skillful, awkward, strong, small, fast, slow, dumb, smart... but the one thing you demand is effort. You can tell when a player is going through the motions.

Plenty of those today and this season. Can't compete when you have that many passengers.

The gap between our side and the league standard is insane. Sydney were 15th for crying out loud.
And yet we played great footy for a half against the then top side.
Almost like the players have given up on the coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy RND 15: "Another 100+ Loss" Negatives v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back