No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should have been holding the ball with 22 seconds left. 3 Pies players on the ball…. 1 Port tackler. 1 Pies player was off his feet when he contacted the ball and was tackled. The other Pies caused the ball to not come out.

Anyway. Game over.

Port

Choking Andre The Giant GIF

How many times has Jamie Elliot won a game by kicking a goal from hard against the boundary 45m out? Feels like he does it every other week. What a freak.

Amazing.

If I was one of the many, many AFL players who regularly missed set shots from 20-30m out basically straight in front, I’d be outright embarrassed watching Elliott play.

But we know they won’t be. Most of them probably aren’t watching it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish we had that belief
That is definitely a key.

We had our chances against both of these teams and didn't take them.

Shows we are not far off but need to take the chances and need to tweak how we play to assist with this.

Our game plan works to an extent but crumbles when we make a mistake. This is on both coaches and leaders on the ground to make those small adjustments that turn us from a finals discussion to a winning it discussion.

We are unlikely to finish top4 this year, are we brave enough to adjust as a group? Not sure after this week's selections but we will see.

The most frustrating thing this year is it is very winnable with the best team being more vulnerable than in living memory

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is definitely a key.

We had our chances against both of these teams and didn't take them.

Shows we are not far off but need to take the chances and need to tweak how we play to assist with this.

Our game plan works to an extent but crumbles when we make a mistake. This is on both coaches and leaders on the ground to make those small adjustments that turn us from a finals discussion to a winning it discussion.

We are unlikely to finish top4 this year, are we brave enough to adjust as a group? Not sure after this week's selections but we will see.

The most frustrating thing this year is it is very winnable with the best team being more vulnerable than in living memory

That is my frustration. We are balls deep without being that on the surface, we’ve just left it too late where all of a sudden we need 10 players to go to the next level and stay there for the rest of the season.

Amazing.

If I was one of the many, many AFL players who regularly missed set shots from 20-30m out basically straight in front, I’d be outright embarrassed watching Elliott play.

But we know they won’t be. Most of them probably aren’t watching it anyway.

This is exactly what has cruelled our season and relegated us to fighting for the scraps outside of the top 4.

We've been presented with multiple opportunities as the draw opened up and was inviting us to sit comfortably in the top 4. Yet we shit the bed each time and our terrible set shots have been a huge factor in our current middlingnessness.

Jeremy Cameron was picked up by the sink thrown at them for Tim Kelly from West Coast.

We only gave up 1 first round pick for Boyd, Griffin was gone so no disagree with those 2

What is your definition of throwing the sink at someone then?

We were paying Boyd a million dollars a season. If that's not the definition of throwing the sink at someone I don't know what is. I think GWS would cough up a late first rounder even though Griffen was gone anyway. GWS had a heap of first rounders and are very generous with their trades and were very keen on bringing mature players into the club. Griffen still had a contract and GWS needed to satisfy us with a deal.

Burgoyne and Lever are perhaps two other examples. Both were traded for two first rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back